You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mel10" started this thread

Reg: Mar 16th 2008

Children: CARE Notts

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 8:21am

Sore throat at time of conception?

Morning ladies,
i wonder if any of you have problems such as a sore throat at time of conception, i always seem to have a really bad one about 2/3 days after ovulation, perhaps it's to do with the immune system, any ideas?
Thanks
melXXX.

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 11:52am

RE: Sore throat at time of conception?

I know that women who do conceive in a cycle who have immune issues can experience illness around this time and just after.

Have you read the Alan Beer book? Its very informative and sounds like it would of use to you as you have been diagnosed with immune issues.

In each of my pregnancies I either got a chest like cough / cold or very sore throat, usually around 6-7 week mark. It is now I know that my body was fighting the pregnancy and killing the embryo :sadface: this was the only reason I got ill. Normally I do not get ill, not even a sniff of a cold.

x
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 8:01pm

Hi Mel

I was wondering about this as well. I too get sore throats and raised glands around ovulation and I've felt like this on two occasions during the 2WW.

It's quite noticeable and I even mentioned it to my DH as I thought it might be influencing implantation. We've since been tested for NK cells and I'm high indicating a strong immune system.

It makes sense now as I never get colds but can often claim to be 'fighting off something' as I feel rundown but no symptoms. I put that down to my immune system fighting the infection.

Michele

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 9:07am

Thanks for this thread! I've been wondering about that sort of thing lately too. I can't remember the last time I had a cold, but have thought I've been coming down with one on several occasions, and it just hasn't developed. In fact the last few days I've woken up thinking I've got a cold, then it's come to nothing. I don't want my body to be trying to fight anything off when I have my transfer. Think I will ask my new clinic about NK cell testing.

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 9:31pm

Hi Blonde, Michele and Claire, thanks for your replies.
I have got the Body Baby Freindly book now, thanks, it's very good! I have to say that each time i hace conceived i have a sore throat then end up mc!! This time i feel very poorly though with swollen glands, sore throat and can't stop sneezing AND im on high doses of streoids so thought or rather hoped things would be different this time!!!!!!! Oh well fingers crossed but i know myself it's not looking very promising!!!
Goodluck ladies.
melXXX.

KT75

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: Not yet.

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 9:43pm

Hi All.

I get swollen glands too at the time of conception, and now undestand why.

Good luck Mel. Really hope this one works out for you. Can I ask what dose of steriods you're on?

KTx.

Sunday, October 12th 2008, 5:15pm

Good arvo ladies,
well the sore throat and cold has now developed into a chest infection so i dare say the immune issues are playing up as usual!!! Am not taking any antibiotics as they might interferre witht drug tx im on but not sure if im making things worse by not clearing the infection!!! Local dr's dont really have a clue when it comes to immune issues and pregnancy, perhap i will call shehata's sec tomorrow!!!! Will test tomorrow but it doesn't look too good at present with this chest prob!!!
Blondie, am trying sooo hard with the eating not too much, iv'e had no chocolate for 7days now (mainly due to it's connection with mc!!! but it is helping with weight control)
Best wishes everybody
melXXX.

Monday, October 13th 2008, 9:44am

Hi Mel

When is AF due? I would not take antibiotics until you know whether you are pregnant or not. Like you I developed a really bad chesty cough when pregnant and couldn't take anything. I think with all the drugs we take you don't really want to take anymore. It may be worth giving Shehata a call to see what he says.

If you are feeling hungry drink water, boring I know but sometimes we can feel hungry because we are dehydrated...or snack on healthy bits.

x

chatterbox

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

What's Up?
blowkiss

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 10:25pm

Can I ask a question here... I read elsewhere on FZ that sore throats, colds etc around pg were a sign your immune system was lowered in order to accept the embryo... ???

Are these contradictory..or have I misunderstood? ?(

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 10:14am

people believe different things hun
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 3:26pm

Hi Chatterbox

It can be an indication that your immune system is working overtime which could be an immune issue but not necessarily...

As I understand it in pregnancy you are more subseptible to getting ill as your body is focused on keeping the baby healthy and therefore your immune system may not be as strong to fight off infections.

Sorry not much help.

x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE