You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "kar1" started this thread

Monday, June 11th 2007, 3:53pm

List of clinics abroad

come on girls name your clinics abroad

i will add the ones i am in touch with when i get home
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Monday, June 11th 2007, 5:25pm

Good idea Kara! I think one of the worst limitations we have in this country is the area we live in, and what it can offer us in the way of fertility treatment. If we can show other couples that it is easy to travel abroad, often for the same amount (or less) than we would pay for treatment in this country then all the better.

I am using the Scan Health clinic in Haugesund, Norway. Consultant is Jon Hausken. Contact number for the clinic is 0800 234 6377. website is www.scan-health.co.uk
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "kar1" started this thread

Monday, June 11th 2007, 6:14pm

ok the place in india has scared me as they put all embryos back

omg thats like the usa and they then have whats called selective reductions!!!!!!!!
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:26am

Eek, imagine having to chose how many babies to abort, after you have tried so hard to get pregnant in the first place. Not a desirable situation, and certainly not one I'd even consider. I think I would worry about even having 3 embryo's replaced. The prospect of even triplets leaves me feeling just a little uncomfortable!

I have had an email from a Dr Brian Dale, (Englishman) who runs the Centre for Reproductive medicine in Naples, Italy. His contact is Brian.Dale@virgilio.it
He says the charge in his clinic is £1700 plus about £600 for drugs. You start the down reg phase from London, and then travel to Italy where you will spend about 4 days for EC and ET. He says their success rate is around 40% which is fab. Good price too. And Naples is beautiful (although NEVER try to drive into the city!! You may never get out again!!)

Edited: This is a clinic I have contacted for information and to get a feel of what they are like.

All this info points to one thing as far as I am concerned. We are being robbed in this country for fertility treatment.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrs_smiff" (Jun 12th 2007, 2:09pm)

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 9:34am

Quoted

Originally posted by kar1
ok the place in india has scared me as they put all embryos back

omg thats like the usa and they then have whats called selective reductions!!!!!!!!

Selective reductions are not funny, emotionally or physically, and come with some risk of losing all of the embryos. I wouldn't want to go through a cycle with that looming.

Discussing clinics in other countries is a sensitive topic, given that travelling abroad shows how dedicated people are to the cause of getting a successful IVF cycle. When posting on this thread, please could you make it absolutely clear whether it is a clinic you are *actually* being treated at or whether it's just a matter of having heard of them or read their website. As a forum, we must be clear that we're not recommending certain places, at least not without it being obviously a personal recommendation from a satisfied customer. I don't want guests to misinterpret a name of a clinic as being recommended when actually nobody has visited it.

Edited to say: this isn't saying that you're not doing this already, it's just a guide for future posts.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Limpet" (Jun 12th 2007, 9:52am)

Leela

Reg: Jun 14th 2007

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 6:25pm

RE: List of clinic abroad

There is alot of clinics on my website if that helps - Maybe I can add some new ones you find!

www.ivfineurope.co.uk

Thanks, Leela
TTC 2.5 Yrs
Had every test known to man
IUI Nov 06 - BFN
IUI Feb 07 - BFN
IVF June 07, Denmark [zx076] BFP!! Son born 23rd Feb 08

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 9:04pm

Anyone want to come to Cape Town?

http://www.capefertilityclinic.co.za/index.asp?

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 4:58pm

I used CERAM in Marbella,Spain.Excellant clinic,cannot rate it highly enough.

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 10:00pm

I'm with Rene on this one - I had my third tx (my 1 and only egg donation attempt) at Cape Fertility Clinic in Cape Town, South Africa. It didn't work, but it was a fantastic experience - which sounds really strange to say when it was unsuccessful, but it was true. The staff and the cons, Dr Wiswedel, were absolutely wonderful and it was so relaxed and far less stressful than the 2 tx's I had had in the UK. It cost less than the UK, was less complicated, we combined it with a holiday in beautiful country and I felt looked after and valued throughout. It made me realise that the clinic we had been with for the previous 2 tx's in the UK was completely wrong for us, and so when we came to try for tx No.4 (in the UK) I changed clinics. I went on to recommend Cape Fertility to a number of people on this site - 2 of which went over there for IVF/ICSI tx - and they both got BFP's.

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Reg: Feb 12th 2008

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 1:47pm

Hi ladies,

I am having my first IVF treatment with donor eggs in Sept at Reprofit International. Dr Stepan Machac deals with all international clients.

Costs are IVF with DE are £3100 Euro plus costs of drugs. Considerably cheaper than in the UK. Like most of you, I feel it is a shame that i cannot pour my money into the british economy yet, fertility treatments are too expensive.

You can get bargain flights with Ryanair from 1p + taxes with flying Time of 2hrs or less, only trouble is only one a day from Stanstead, so hard to commute., but Bratislava is 1hr away and Vienna 1 1/2. The otherthing is the baggage allowance on these flights is minimal. Hotels are app £45 a night for double room B+B , but in summer many trade fairs held in the city of Brno, so this can double or even treble. Eating out is cheap as well.

Success rates for donor eggs are app 65%, but they are mainly young students in 20s who donate, so this could make the states higher than for an older woman with IF probs.

Stepan is excellent at answering emails promptly and is very professional. Excellent written and spoken english.

Here is the first email recieved from reprofit. I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for your interest to become our patient.

My name is Stepan Machac M.D., Ph.D. and I am responsible for the treatment of foreign patients at Reprofit International, Clinic of Reproductive Medicine. I went through your first virtual visit and your situation is very clear since you have premature ovarian failure you will need ED treatment

I am going to give you some basic information about our clinic

Reprofit International offers full range of infertility treatments including oocyte donation. We have more than 250 young donors tested by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine criteria ready to donate oocytes. We do not do oocyte sharing (oocytes from our patients). All of our donors are volunteers and mostly university students. As you probably know OD is anonymous in the Czech Republic (by law) so we are not able to provide you with any information about the donor. We try to do the best matching possible (weight, height, blood group, eye and hair color, education, hobbies). I am sure I will be able to find a suitable donor for you. Currently, there is a waiting period of about 5-6 months.

You are more than welcome to come to Brno personally for the first consultation or we can set everything up via email. You can consult everything with your own doctor in your country as they can be of great help.

Concerning the fee, we do not distinguish between Czech and foreign patients and the price has been set at 3100 Euro
for one cycle of OD. This price is final - no extra fees. Included are: the stimulation drugs for the donor, monitoring of the cycle, oocyte retrieval, fertilization by ICSI, so called extended cultivation (day 3 or 5- blastocysts, depending on the number of embryos and their quality), assisted hatching and also freezing of surplus embryos and their storage for one year. Price does not include medication for you. Meds for you can be obtained either from our clinic or you can get them in your country.

I am attaching some information for you including questionnaires. Please fill them out completely and forward them back to me.
Please keep in mind that currently I am scheduling couples for July - August 2008.

Hope I have provided you with desired information. Looking forward to seeing you here in Brno. If you have any additional questions or needs, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Stepan Machac MD, PhD
Reprofit International

http://www.reprofit.cz/index.php
*American Expat living in the UK since 2004.
*Age 29, Dh 36, met 10 yrs ago
*Dx with Premature Ovarian Failure at age 17.
* Donor's egg collection 8 Sept, ET 11 Sept 2008 Reprofit International, Czech Republic

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "LondonBelle" (Feb 12th 2008, 1:48pm)

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Tuesday, February 12th 2008, 9:02pm

Hi LondonBelle! :D

Your clinic sounds fab!Have heard good reports about Reprofit from other friends who have gone there,so good luck with that!

Keep us updated on your journey!

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Sep 20th 2007

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 8:09am

Danfert in Copenhagen

Get in touch if you have questions
Me 39, DH 36
Clomid 9 cycles, Lap & Dye 2006, Metformin 4 cycles, ICSI Oct 2007, IVF May and September 2010, FET November 2010, IVF short protocol March 2011 - all BFN
TTC since 2005

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 8:17am

I am with Cape Fertility Clinic and can not recommend them highly enough!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 10:19pm

Hey Torisen - I didn't know you are with them!!!!! Ahhhhhh, good luck, hun. They are wonderful and Cape Town is one of my fave places.\

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

elly

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 8:57pm

I need your Help please!

I've never used the internet before to speak with someone' so I'm not very computer friendly.

I was so pleased when i saw your notice that you had a lovely baby boy when the same age as me. I too would like to go and see the staff at Ceram. How do I make the first move?

I should be grateful if you would let me know.

Elly

Lesley68

Reg: Mar 31st 2008

Children: Four, three girls and one boy, ages 13, 17, 19 and

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 11:15am

RE: I need your Help please!

Hi Elly,
Im new to this as well so we can help each other! I was considering CERAM in Feb before selecting Reprofit, Czech Rep. I emailed them and they replied within two days. If you want to go out either email them or if you want a quicker response I would phone. they seemed very friendly and keen to help. We were very impressed with them but the cheaper cost of Reprofit swung it to them! Good luck.

lesley :smile:
Lesley

• "Rainbow Sprite" is 41 years old today

Reg: Jul 18th 2007

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 3:23pm

I'm had my treatment here in Czech Republic (where I live), also have all my pregnancy care looked after here too and I'm continuing my gynaelogical care with them as they are right for me.

Let me know if you want the details.

twinkletoes

Superstar

Reg: Mar 29th 2008

Children: 1 stepson 1 stepdaughter

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:05pm

hi im receiving tx (ivf)in bulgaria, drugs approx £200 ec and et £900 approx pessaries £20 total approx £1200 anybody needing details let me know.

IVF #1 :BFN: IVF #2 APRIL 08 :BFN: IVF #3 Sept 08 :BFN: IVF #4 Feb 09 :BFN: June 09 FET embryo's didnt survive
Tubes Removed 11/08

Reg: Jan 20th 2008

Children: 2 girls age 12 & 17

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:11pm

Hi Twinkletoes

What clinic did you attend as i would be interested in equiring about ICSI with them.

Shirls xxx
ME 35
DH 35
ICSI Feb 08 :BFN:

2nd Cycle of ICSI Sept 09
xfingers

twinkletoes

Superstar

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:19pm

name of clinic

hi shirls :D

I'm attending a private clinic in Varna their web address is maichindon.varna.com
fantastic clinic hope you have the answers you need
hugs and kisses
twinkletoes
:hugs: :xxx3:

IVF #1 :BFN: IVF #2 APRIL 08 :BFN: IVF #3 Sept 08 :BFN: IVF #4 Feb 09 :BFN: June 09 FET embryo's didnt survive
Tubes Removed 11/08

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:27pm

Aww thank you Twinkletoes blowkiss

Will go and have a wee look now.

Shirls xxx
ME 35
DH 35

xfingers

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:29pm

The web address you gave me doesn't work.
ME 35
DH 35

xfingers

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: none

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:32pm

Hi

I used a clinic in Fuengirola on the Costa Del Sol, Loved them, really nice and my ICSI worked 1st time (how lucky am I)

Me 35 DP 52
ICSI Feb 2008
:BFP: M/C @ 10wks.
6 snow babies - FET in July 2008

ROLL ON JULY
babydust

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 5:34pm

Hi Mel

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your tx?

First time thats great news....congratulations.

Shirls xxx
ME 35
DH 35

xfingers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shirls" (Apr 3rd 2008, 5:35pm)

twinkletoes

Superstar

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 7:18pm

email address

sorry shirls on 2 week wait my mind is everywhere.

I put .varna.com its not it is www.maichindon-varna.com
better luck this time

twinkle
xx :D

Tubes Removed 11/08

elly

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 8:22pm

I can't believe someone answered my post so quickly. Lesley your a gem.

I wish you the best of luck in Reprofit? do you mind me asking your age, that appears to be my problem.Im 41.

I e-mailed Ceram two days ago and I'm not sure if they emailed me back because it was in spanish just confirming the email I sent them. I'm hopeless when it comes to computer literacy!!

So I tried to phone them today on 95 282 9035 and i couldn't get through. I feel quite frustrated as I want to start straight away.

Do you know how much they want for donor egg treatment? How much is Reprofit?

The problem with Ceram is that i'm going to have to get all my blood investigations retested because they're older than 6 months old.
Will your nearest fertility clinic liase with your clinic abroad?

Thankyou so much.

Elly

Lesley68

Friday, April 4th 2008, 10:13am

Hi Elly,
Anything I can do to help I found the process of trying to select a clinic the hardest part so total sympathy for where you're at!

Im 40 ( as of this wed!) and that is my problem as well. High FSH and quite low oestrogen. The good thing is that with egg donor this shouldnt be a problem but that is also why I wanted to get sorted asap!

Our treatment with Reprofit will be £2,300 with about £200 for drugs on top of that which was much cheaper than the Spanish clinics. Ceram quoted app £5,000 to us which was also quite cheap given the cost of IM which was coming in nearer to £9,500.

Its a real pain waiting for clinics to get back to you. I would try emailing Ceram again unfortunately I have deleted the email they sent me or I could have sent it onto you!.

There is also a good clinic in Bulgaria which has been mentioned on this forum by some of the others which might be worth looking at, it has a good reputation and is even cheaper again.

Good luck with all this and take heart once you get all the info and make a choice it will take a lot of the initial stress away. I feel much better now that I know where Im going and when!

Lesley :smile:
Lesley

Lesley68

Friday, April 4th 2008, 10:15am

I should also have said, Reprofit will accept tests as long as they are within a year. I had mine redone anyway but went to my own doctor for that. The only other test I need for them is an endometrial scan which my local clinic will do.

Lesley

elly

Friday, April 4th 2008, 5:35pm

Thankyou so much. I've just received an email from Ceram . They want 5,600 euros cash!

I'll have to get an overdraft!!

I'll let yopu know what i choose to doo

Have a great weekend.

Elly

Lesley68

Monday, April 7th 2008, 9:31am

Good luck with the decision!

I spent the weekend celebrating my 40th!!! Am slightly worse for the wear today!

We had to get a loan which was pretty scary. I know some clinics will let you use credit cards which might be worth considering if you do all the tranfer balance from one to another to keep the interest rate down. We also considered that but decided to get a loan for the first attempt and then take it from there.

I was speaking to a friend at the weekend who was in Brno ( where Reprofit is located) and who assured me the travel etc.. would be easy and cheap. We were able to get a hotel for £40 per night which is great and helps cut down the expense.

We made a table of all the clinics we had investigated before coming to our final decision based on cost, ease of travel , success rates, waiting time etc... and that helped a lot. You will feel so much better once you have decided and got your appointment arranged!

Lesley

Lesley68

Monday, April 7th 2008, 9:43am

RE: name of clinic

Hi twinkletoes,
Im also interested in the clinic you are attending in Bulgaria. I f things dont work out for us at Reprofit we would need to keep our options open and financially your clinic makes sense. I had a look at their website and it looks great! Do they have a waiting list?

Thanks
lesley :smile:
Lesley

twinkletoes

Superstar

Monday, April 7th 2008, 10:34am

hey lesley,
yes the clinic is fantastic, even though my specialist doesn't speak fantastic english, always plenty of nurses on hand to help out with any difficulties. As you can see by the website the clinic is new so as yet no waiting lists, but how long that will last i don't know. now just to wish you all the luck in the future with your journey,
anything you need to know let me know.

hugs and kisses
twinkletoes

Tubes Removed 11/08

Lesley68

Monday, April 7th 2008, 10:40am

Thanks twinkletoes,
You too. Hopefully this will be our lucky year!

Lesley

twinkletoes

Superstar

Monday, April 7th 2008, 10:43am

no worries

keep in touch

bev

Tubes Removed 11/08

elly

Monday, April 7th 2008, 8:31pm

Congratulations on your 40th birthday!!! How are you taking it, I was really upset I was 40. I think it was the assumption by my friends and family that I was past child bearing years, can you you believe it.

What is the success rate at the clinic you've chosen? I'm very impressed that you've planned it so meticulously. I've heard of 2 women that have had a healthy baby, living in the Chester. They both went to Ceram and that swung it for me really ( plus the fact that my fertility clinic has worked with Ceram in the past).
Have you heard success stories from people that you've spoken to?

When do plan to have your donor egg?

Have you had to have your blood tests done again , so that they are up to date? I've got to get my bloods done again because they're more than 6 months old.

Take care.

Elly

Lesley68

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 10:59am

Hi Elly,
Im strangely delighted to be 40!!! I dont really know why since my DH is 17 years younger than me! But it feels very surreal and very grown up! We had a great party but boy did it take it out of me. Since arranging for the egg donor I decided to take a couple of months of having a drink if i wanted ( after two years of clean living while ttc) and I think Im well out of practice. the hangover was so bad Ive decided to go clean again!!

I know what you mean about other peoples assumptions. I have three daughters who are all really supportive but my son (17 thinks he knows it all etc..) thinks Im bonkers and makes helpful remarks along the lines that Im well past it now!

We were very tempted by Ceram and I think you have to follow your gut instinct. We have heard great stories about both. there are a lot of positive reports on some of the other websites which have infertility threads and these helped us to make our decision. We are booked to go to Brno on 29 Oct and hopefully have the ET on either 30 Oct or 1 Nov. i had my bloods done again 3 weeks ago and I fainted!! I was really embarassed but i guess they have seen it all. I used to do this when I was younger getting blood taken but it hasnt happened in years and I was so shocked, anyway at least they are done now!

Lesley

elly

Tuesday, April 8th 2008, 7:06pm

Oh Lesley,

You did make me laugh when you said you fainted, after all the checks you've had in the past regarding your fertility. I should talk, I can't stand males examining me , but since this fertility problem, I've had up to six men in the same room during the egg collection. Never mind ,what we have to go through to have a baby.

I've had a drink lately, but I can't cope with the guilt. Everything I eat and drink , I think it may effect my chances of getting pregnant. It's ridiculous the restraints we place on ourselves.

I'm going to email Ceram now and ask if there is a reduction in the fee if I share the donors eggs with another recipient. They mentioned egg share in their info. sheet.

How do you cope with working and having ivf? I've had to go into work in the recent past with my belly protruding and looking like an elephant!

I'm off now, take care.

elly

Lesley68

Thursday, April 10th 2008, 11:58am

Hi Everyone,

I was in Poland yesterday with a group of students visiting Auschwitz, one of the teachers with our group was pregnant and I dont know how she coped - it was truly harrowing, but I did return with a renewed sense of appreciation for all that is good in life!I suppose it helped me to feel less sorry for myself and to be at least thankful to have the chance to see my dreams come true. It also increased my committment to this journey and I wanted to offer this encouragement to the rest of you.

Elly,

My Dh thought it was hilarious that I fainted!! Very supportive! Work is fine apart from the times when you are running in and out for tests etc... especially if you get bad news then you are expected to return to class, be full of beans and launch straight into a coherent account of the Russian revolutions! I find it to be generally a good distraction but on the other hand it has made me less patient with my students when they are playing up ( this could just be me turning into a grumpy old woman).

I am trying to get my home broadband working at the mo and therefore can only access this site and my emails from work so thats an added incentive!

How are the plans going? Any news back from Ceram?

Lesley

Kaz

Reg: Feb 21st 2008

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 9:20am

Hi Everyone,

I am attending the Kaali Institute in Budapest and they are fantastic. I really couldnt recommend them enough.
All the Doctors speak English as they have been trained in the USA or UK.
ICSI costs 2000 Euro plus drugs and IVF is 1500 Euro plus drugs - drugs cost approx 1200 Euro.

www.ivfpregnancycenter.com

Hope this helps :smile:

Ooh and there is no waiting lists !!!
Kaz
x

Alicia

Reg: May 9th 2008

Friday, May 9th 2008, 3:12pm

clinics in spain

For what I've researched and saw by myself, and know on another women experiences in Spain (where I live), you can have an IVF in a first class clinic for less than 4000 euros (which is obviously less than 4000 GBP). I know a few clinics here (personal experience) and they are quite professional and with good results. The clinic I'm now in, they charge 2700 euros IVF, plus drugs, which vary from case to case.
Regards
Alicia
43 and trying again donnor eggs after a first treatment (a miscarriage).

ZYRON

Reg: Aug 25th 2008

Monday, August 25th 2008, 10:37am

Kaali

Hi Kaz,

We are thinking of going to Kaali could you give me anymore info you have i.e. how long do you have to stay in Hungary. how many eggs they will put back etc. Do they do tese / pese and what they charge.

thanks
Tony

ems

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 5:58pm

Hi,
We're using Institut Marques in Barcelona, which our doctor recommended to us. They do seem really expensive - I think it works out around £7500 for the first go. They do a refund programme but that's even more expensive (30k euros!) so we can't afford that.
So far they've been very nice to us on email, replying to all our questions, and they had appointments to meet with them about 8 weeks after we emailed them.
Ems
xxx

ifasq

Reg: Aug 25th 2008

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 12:34pm

RE: List of clinics abroad

Hi Everyone,

I am attending the Kaali Institute in Budapest and they are brilliant! The Doctors speak English as they have been trained in the USA they are helpful and very professional. I really could not recommend them enough.

IVF costs approx 1500 Euro (plus drugs) and ICSI costs approx 2000 Euro (plus drugs) The drugs cost approx 500 Euro-1200 Euro depending on your age etc.

Another plus point is that accomodation & transport costs are very reasonable in Budapest and cliinc is in a lovely part of the city.

www.ivfpregnancycenter.com

If anyone needs any further information about this clinc - please contact me.

Regards

Ifas

elly

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 12:30pm

RE: clinics in spain

Alicia,
I too have tried ivf and now I'm waiting to become a donor recipient. I'm 41 years old.
What clinic have you chosen in Spain? How are you getting on?
Kind regards,
Elly

Sissi

Reg: May 21st 2008

Children: have none yet

Monday, November 10th 2008, 9:43am

RE: List of clinics abroad

I could say

Ur Vistahermosa in Alicante.

Clínica Virgen de la Vega in Murcia.

Both speak English, good prices, and high sucess rates..

Sissi
Sissi

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Children: Reprofit Int

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 4:28am

Your Sept visit...

Hello!!
I am going to the same clinic in 3 weeks. Do you have any advice for me?

Laurencella@msn.com
Love to all.... Baby wishes 88)

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 9:04am

We're going with DE at Ceram in Marbella based on the following:
Cost - 7,600 (incl most other costs)
Success rate : 60%
Waiting time: 2-4 months

Fiona and Ruth are the two nurses that answer any of your questions and I've found them to the quick and responsive.

I have my first consultation on Feb 20 so if anyone wants to know any more information I'm happy to provide.

Michele

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

jesse

Reg: Nov 30th 2008

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 11:35am

Hi everyone,
We're with Clinic Fiv Madrid in Spain (www.fivmadrid.es) doing an egg don and we're waiting for call to do transfer - hopefully this coming week!!

So far really excellent at least in terms of responding quickly and getting the info out to us and responding to our many doubts !!! Our contact perosn Julie is English and is very accessible either by phone or email.

Price: 6500 euros for whole egg don cycle, including preparation of the donor. 200 euros for first visit with consultant wich includes ultrasound scan and leaving semen sample.
Succss rate: close to 60 %
waiting tome for donor: less than 2 months.

If I can help in any way, let me know. In any case, I started a thread Clinic Fiv Madrid in this section where several of us who are there have been chatting and sharing our experiences - a kind of diary. Maybe check it out.
Bye
Jesse

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 12:39pm

Hi Jesse,

I hope that you get your call about your transfer soon.

We've just finished our first month of pills and we're about to start second month. With any luck they'll have a donor for us by the time I've finished my second pack. We're using the IVI clinic in Barcelona and everyone there is lovely.

Good luck with your transfer.

Let us know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE