You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Looby Lou" started this thread

Reg: Mar 19th 2007

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 11:44am

EMBRYO GRADING QUESTIONS

hello

I have just been for my egg transfer and the two eggs they have put back are both grade 3's which she said was the lowest. Feeling a bit deflated after that, does that mean they are less likely to be successful? sorry if this is a stupid question. Just wondered what it means.

thanks
looby

Me 30
DH 37
TTC 4 Years
Together 6 Years
1st IVF/ICSI March 2007 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Looby Lou" (Mar 29th 2007, 11:58am)

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 12:14pm

RE: egg grades

Hi Looby Loo - I can't really answer your question as we had Blastocyst transfer on day 6 but we were told that although they were high quality, as our embryos didn't become blastocysts until day 6 as oposed to day 5 we would have less chance of pregnancy but I am pregnant.

They do give you better odds if you have the highest grade but I don't think that excludes the chance of success or they wouldn't try at all I guess. Hopefully someone can give you an accurate answer or speak from their experience of a grade 3 transfer but I wanted to wish you luck and say stay positive - I really think being positive throughout the process helps create a positive outcome.

Reg: Aug 10th 2006

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 12:22pm

Hi Looby,
Sorry I can't answer your question, but as Emilia said they wouldn't try if there wasn't a chance. Positive thoughts all the way. Just wanted to send you loads of luck.
xxxx

"Every blade has it's angel that bends over it and whispers,
'Grow, grow'"

[zx076]

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 4:21pm

Sorry can't answer your question but in my clinic the embryos are graded from 1-7, 1 being the best so it must be different in different clinics.

Wishing you all the best and try not to worry

:hugs: :hugs:

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 4:55pm

There's an American clinic with quite a good website explaining their techniques - not sure it's all relevant as their grading system may be different to your clinics but I thouhgt this might interest you and put your mind at rest.

"Embryos with higher cell numbers and regular appearing cells (blastomeres) and little or no fragmentation (see below) have a higher overall chance of implanting than do their counterparts with less cells, more irregularity and more fragmentation.

Embryo quality as we see it under the microscope in the IVF lab gives us some reasonable ability to predict the chances for pregnancy from an embryo transfer. However, because there are many other contributing factors involved that we can not measure, these generalizations do not always apply. We see some cycles fail after transferring 3 perfect looking embryos, and we also see beautiful babies born after transferring low grade embryos. The true genetic potential of the embryo to continue development and the quality and receptivity of the uterine lining are really impossible to measure. Hopefully, that will be something for the future. "

From Advanced fertility
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

• "Looby Lou" started this thread

Reg: Mar 19th 2007

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 4:59pm

Thanks everyone. I feel alot better after reading your posts. I think i was just getting myself in a mess worrying about it.

Suppose there's only one real way to find out and that'll be my blood test on 10th april, and theres no point in stressing myself out until then.

Thanks again. So pleased I found this website you've all been such a great help.

Me 30
DH 37
TTC 4 Years
Together 6 Years
1st IVF/ICSI March 2007 BFN

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 6:06pm

I had my ET today LoobyLou, and I too had lower grade embies put back. From what they told us, they are more than happy with the appearance of our embryos, and said they were exactly the right size etc. I guess time will tell.

Good luck to you. I test on 13th April, so fingers crossed ro good results all round.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 6:09pm

looby

we got freaked out by the whole egg quality thing at our first clinic as it was never explained -

The grading is based in on the cell division of the egg (cleaving) and they are lookin gfor a nice sequence of symetrical division. with good nucleat distribution and cell proportion.

Blastocysts (5 day +) transfer has gained alittle favour - as the cells do not divide on a standard path - we had an egg that appeared to take a breather on day 3 then go on to b ethe best at day 5 ?!

so the best egg at day 3 does not = the best egg at day 5

The US article is spot on - there are many influencing factors !

We thought we were lucky to have 15 eggs - 10 fertilised - 7 looked ok at day 2 and they had 2 good ones at day 5 to select with a spare

it all seems a bIt of a lottery ! - ONE TIME IT OWRKS TWICE - two times it doesn;t
DAD to twins

Lcli

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 6:52pm

Hi there Lou,

You must be thinking all kinds eh chuck? But hey let me tell you, when our eggs/embies are given a grade it is only by an embryologist after looking down a microscope. I agree with the comments let by the others. At most fertility clinics they grade then by cleavage as Kski said and by frangmentation. There is nothing to prove that an embryo with more fragmentation ( which is when you see crumb-like bits around the split cells) does not go on to be a successful embto and develop into a healthy baby. It is very rare to have perfect spot on embies but then again... they are only graded vis cleavage and fragmentation. Some clinic will do screening where they look for chromosome defects etc. But that tends to be for older women with and or who have had many failed cycles.

I personally think you have as great a chance as anyone and please don't be put off by topd grade embryos ( it is after all the only thing embryologists have to go on).

I will we thinking of you and I wish you every success with your cycle. You go girl!!!!

Reg: Feb 11th 2007

Children: My children are wonderful!

Thursday, March 29th 2007, 7:05pm

I was told that they like to freeze high grade embryos as they had evidence that they survived the freezing and thawing process the best, but as for when they are placed straight back in mum they said evidence didn't suggest it was so important.

Me 39, DH 40 Children, Lucy and DS (7)
Lucy lost in car accident 8th April 2002
TTC 6 years - ICSI x 4 - :BFN: x 4

Spider's Diary

Reg: Aug 30th 2007

Friday, November 30th 2007, 3:32pm

How important are the embie grades?

I have had 2 grade 2 4 cell embies transferred today,
I notice that lots of girls seem to have grade 1's put back.
Can anyone tell me what the chances of success with grade 2's are?
TTC #1 Since April 05.
1 Mc Jan 06
1st ICSI Nov 07- :BFP:
Its twin girls- bab10 bab10

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, November 30th 2007, 3:40pm

you chance is still good hunni

some people get pregnant with grade 1's some don't, and the same goes with other grades.

they grade the embryo on how they look yet they do not know what is going on inside.

keep the faith

good luck babydust
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Friday, November 30th 2007, 5:24pm

Hi BF

First of all there are different types of grading, for example my clinic uses a measure from 1 - 4, and other clinics use different measures, such as 1 - 10, so you can't ascertain much from other people's embie's as it's very much down to each clinic and what grading system they use.

It is true to say the better quality the embie the better chance it has of sticking, but that isn't always the case as you'll find that some really grotty embie's which the clinic never thought would make it have gone on to achieve pregnancy, and others with great embie's don't make it.

Take me for example, on the fresh cycle I did in August I had 1 embie, grade 1-2 4-cell transferred, the best they had put back all day I was told by the con, but it didn't stick ! So it isn't just down to the grade of the embie is it.

At my clinic they only have about 10% of the embie's classed at grade 1's, they call them the Claudia Schiffer's of this world ! So you see it's not that common to get the grade 1's.... you just have to be lucky.

Out of 10 embie's to choose from last time the best I had was a 1-2 grade, but if you put that into perspective, i.e. that it was the best they had put back all day, and the best of my selection of 10, then it's true to say there aren't many grade 1's out there.

So don't be disheartened, you've got just as good a chance as the rest of us.

Just concentrate on keeping up your PMA and think sticky thoughts !

x
Vivvy
Me 37 DH 34 (male factor)
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

BFP (MED FET 2 x day 6 blasties + aspirin) Baby boy 08/08/09, a big fat 8lbs 9ozs !!!
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) but m/c at 6 weeks
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) TWINS DUE MARCH 2011

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vivvy" (Nov 30th 2007, 5:27pm)

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:14pm

Embryo / Cell grades

Afternoon all,

Does it make a difference the higher or lower the grade is when they transfer it?? i.e. is it better to have a higher grade cell or not??

Does this make any sense at all???!!

A xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:25pm

RE: Embryo / Cell grades

Hi Knighty

It all depends on what grading system your clinic use.

Some have grade 1 as the best and some have grade 4 as the best!

All embryos are graded. Assuming grade 1 to be the best...this will have even cell division, and no fragmentation.
Grade 2 is the same as the above but may have a small amount of fragmentation (this is the most common grade)
Grade 3 will have slightly uneven cell division with more fragmentation
Grade 4 will have uneven cell division and a lot of fragmentation.

Although a grade 4 is the lowest grade there are still pregnancies achieved from them else there wouldn't be a grade 4 embryo !

Higher graded embryos do have a higher pregnancy rate but this is by no means guaranteed.

Day 2 transfers (day 1 being day after EC) should have between 2-4 cells
Day 3 - 6-8 cells

Does this help honey?

xxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:29pm

Thanks Duffy - I think so ... i think the 2ww is playing with my mind, i keep thinking back over things and getting confused and probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5!! I had 2, 8 cell grade embies put back in on day 3 after EC ...

Roll on May 17th then i'll know for sure one way or the other!!

A xx

Me 30
DH 33

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:31pm

Well that's spot on for the cell division so :thumbsup2:

Did they not tell you the grades?

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:34pm

She just said that out of the 8 we had, the 2 put back in were the 2 strongest at 8 cells and were really good, the rest were 6 cells which have been frozen now ...

Thanks

A xx

Me 30
DH 33

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:38pm

Oh cool.....well if you have some frozen, chances are the ones put back were grade 1 or 2 if they were better than the ones frozen as they don't freeze less than grade 2 I believe!

So it's all good Knighty!!

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 5:40pm

:happy: Thanks Duffy I hope so!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow :happy:

A xx

Me 30
DH 33

didik

Reg: May 13th 2008

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 8:46pm

hi all,
had ET today, two embryos, grades 2 and 3 (or 4), cant remember, was so stressed. thinking of calling the embryologist tomorrow to clarify...

been reading about all the confusion with grading systems (different clinics use different ones) and that while grades 1 and 2 are the best, it is not unusual to have a pregnancy with grade 4.

the embryologist said you only need one good embryo after all.

one can only hope...
me: 40
dh: 47
2 natural pregnancies- 2 miscarriages (january 2006 and may 2007)
2 natural IUIs-both failed (january and february 2008)
unexplained infertility
1st attempt at IVF, ET 14/5/2008

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 9:12pm

Hi didik, sounds good to me! good luck with your 2ww. Come over and join us on that thread as we're all looking after each other x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

timtam

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Friday, June 6th 2008, 5:31pm

Embryo gradingI

I had my EC on Wednesday, got 10 eggs all of which fertilised - good news so far.

Had call from embryologist today who said that 1 went in the night so now down to 9 and that they were all about grade 3 which he reckoned was about average, however on grading of 1-6 (which is what my clinic work on) is that good? Do they have a chance? Can they improve as time goes on? We are going to blastocyst stage looking to do ET between mon-wed.

Just not sure what the grading system really means, any thoughts or advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks all...

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Friday, June 6th 2008, 7:40pm

Hi Timtam, I dont have an answer for the grading. I had my EC on wednesday as well. Transferred one grade 1 embryo today (only had one grade 1, rest of them were grade 2&3) as I was scared of twin pregnancy. However on discussion with the embryologist, she told me that there is a good implantation rate with grade 2&3 as well, so they are freezing it

ICSI May 2008 - BFN
1st August- :BFP: (natural)

Baby Girl born on 04/04/2009

Reg: Jun 3rd 2008

Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:45pm

Can I join your thread? pretty please???

Hi Timtam and Anita, do you mind if I join your thread? I also had EC on Wednesday and would love to have cycle buddies - if my embies make it to ET! fingers crossed - I will know tomorrow morning. If they are good enough we would like to go to blasto transfer on Monday.

Timtam, I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question as my clinic grades embies on a 1-4 scale and this is my first IVF/ICSI, so I am a rookie on these issues. But I would say you must trust your embryologist - if he is confident enough to go to blasto stage, that must mean your embies are pretty good otherwise he would probably recommend an earlier ET if that makes sense.

Anita, well done on having your ET today! and good luck with the 2ww.

Anyway, I am sending you both lots of good thoughts and wishes for healthy babies!

Rosie xx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:49pm

Hi

My clinic don't grade embryos cause it only worries people and any grading of embryo can result in a live birth so it really is just down to luck.

Good luck with your tx hun.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:50pm

RE: Can I join your thread? pretty please???

Rosie777 and others
There's a whole thread just for you girls going through treatment in June here:
JUNE LOONS

Go and introduce yourselves :smile:

kar1

Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:52pm

timtam

i would really listen to your clinic on this one, embryo grading is very tricky to advise on as each clinic can grade in a different way

most grade on

number on cells as a certain check point in hours after fertilisation

how even the cells are

amount of fragmention if any

if you are going for blastocyst you embryoligist muct be confident you will get to transfer, there is always a risk of getting no embryos with blastocyst transfer yet most and i would like to think all embryoligist wouldn't advised this unless there were good signs and a good amount of good embryos

good luck to you all
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

kar1

Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:54pm

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO BLASTOCYST

just incase you missed this thread
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

19verve

United Kingdom

Monday, September 15th 2008, 9:36am

Embryos and what the grades mean??

Hello :smile:
I have just received a phonecall from my Clinic and they have given me the resuts for my embryos. At the moment they are day 3, I have 6 embryos.
3 - 8 cell grade 1 :smile:
3 - 7 cell grade 1 (x2)
grade 1-2 (x1)

The embryologist said it was good news and that they are taking them on til wednesday to 'blastocyst'. Has anyone had anything similar ??

Reg: Oct 5th 2011

Children: The most precious jewel you will ever wear around your neck, is the arms of your children. I will get there one day, when its my time god will bless me.

Monday, September 15th 2008, 9:38am

WOW, that sounds great hun.
I hope i get good grades like that. :xxx3:
Me 28 years old- 2 ectopic 2003 & 2005 Both fallopian tubes removed.
DH-24 years old- normal

1st IVF at LWC with previous partner BFN
2nd IVF at Guys Hospital April 2012 BFN
3rd IVF at Lister fertility Chelsea Bridge Sept 2013 FREE CYCLE!

Found out I have NK cells 41% killing! And high thyroid. Immune cycle
We have 2 frozen blasto's a 5bb and 6bb! Test day 11/10/13

kar1

Monday, September 15th 2008, 11:13am

embryo on day 3 should be between 6 - 8 cells and grade 1 means even cells, no fragmention

its good news and good luck
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, September 15th 2008, 11:17am

They sound fabtastic to me and sending ya loads of babydust that they get to blast.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

19verve

United Kingdom

Monday, September 15th 2008, 11:20am

Thanks Gals!

Ros

Megastar

Monday, September 15th 2008, 11:22am

as I said in the sunflowers thread - your embies are just fantastic and this is the best possible news you could have had today. If I ever get to 8 cells I will be dancing around the house :happy:
They only go to blasto if you have lots of very good embies :happy:

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Peppa

Monday, September 15th 2008, 5:07pm

Wow, those sound like great embies you have there :happy:
Good luck!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:17pm

Embryo grading

can someone help do different clinics grade embryo's differently

i thought 4 was the best going down to 1

i have read somewhere that says its the other way round

now i am confused xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

kar1

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:18pm

some clinic class 4 as best some 1 and some even 10/10

the best thing would be to ask your clinic they grading system
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:22pm

they said ours were 3.5 out of four

four being the best

just panicked myself thinking i had got things wrong

serves me right really i should stop researching as i will only scare myself

as of now no more research

thanks xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Michelle

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:24pm

At my clinic 4 is the best too, it varies.

If you've been told that 4 is best then 3.5 is great - well done!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

kar1

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:25pm

they sound good to me hun

3.5 out of 4 well thats great, so stop googling, don't worry we have all googled too much
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 5:30pm

Thank you all for your support

i guess sometimes we forget that we are all individual and statistics and things don't really matter as we are all so different

google is not allowed for this 2ww anymore

this is my journey (with fz girls of course)

thanks again guys xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 8:19pm

Sarah

Those embies sound great quality. It is hard not to surf the net but I have learnt so much more from other ladies that have been through this whole process more than any computer or doctor has been able to tell me. FZ is brill!

When is your ET? Good luck for everything x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 11:16pm

had et on sat

yeah am pleased with embryos and they went back first go with no problems

am def not using google any more i do keep scaing myself

all the ladies on here have been ab fab, am so pleased to have people who really know what they are talking about

been such a god send.

fingers and legs crossed for the 14th

and goodluck to everybody going through their journeys and supporting me through mine

ou are all worth your weight in gold xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Monday, December 1st 2008, 9:58pm

I'll be thinking of you on the 14th and sending you some :sticky: x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

United Kingdom

Monday, December 1st 2008, 11:00pm

thank you, good luck to u too x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Friday, February 6th 2009, 1:53pm

Embie quality / grade - any advice?

Hi

due for ET tommorrow, not sure what this embie grading is all about? anyone got any info or advice or experience they can share with me please?

Nervous and excitied now :innocent:

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2008

Children: Next time .....

Friday, February 6th 2009, 6:37pm

RE: Embie quality / grade - any advice?

Hi Rosebud

I am due for egg transfer too tomorrow at 1pm what time are you having yours? I read somewhere that they grade egg quality from 1-4 good quality being 1-2 - if you have a really good quality egg they only usually put in one but depends on your age - if you are an oldy like me then you can get 2-3 transferred. Hope that helps. They didn't mention the quality of my eggs today did they for you? Just said that 6 out of 9 had fertilised - I guess we will find out tomorrow - I will be thinking of you xxxx
:snowangel:

Trying again - test 26.3.10 xfingers xfingers xfingers
Ectopic pregnancy - happened naturally - tube removed 19.7.09
3rd ICSI started 20.5.09 - BFN
2nd ICSI :Miscarriage 22.2.09
Ist ICSI -poor responder

Ros

Megastar

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 11:43am

Rosebud and Claire, good luck with the ET today!

Re embryo grading, all clinics grade embies from 1-4 as Claire says but some clinics have '1' as the top grade and some have '4' as the top grade (which is mighty confusing) so it's best to check with them which way round the scale goes.

The grading depends on the number of cells, the evenness of the cells and the amount of fragmentation in the embies as far as I am aware. I hope you both have some good ones put back today, but so long as any embryo is put back then there is a chance of a BFP.

babydust for you both x

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 1:54pm

Hi hon

I have SET today and was told they were grade 1, mone was at 12ish! how did you get on?

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE