You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 99 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "BeckyP" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2007

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 6:01pm

** PROGESTERONE QUESTIONS **

Hiya all,

Can anyone give me any advice on progesterone levels???

I've been for my day 5 & day 21 blood tests and just got the printed results to find my day 5 progesterone level was 3nmol/L and my day 21 level was 4nmol/L ... it clearlt states on my results that anything over 30nmol/L is consistent with ovulation - so I know i didn't ovulate ... but those levels seem extremely low to me.

Any advice?
Also any advice on any of my other test results ... it's like another language!

Thanks
Becky x

Me: 36 PCOS & Anovulation & very overweight.
DF: 37 Azoospermia / CBAVD / Carrier of CF gene
TTC baby #1 for 5 years
ICSI our only hope.

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Saturday, March 24th 2007, 11:57am

RE: Progesterone Levels

hiya

know what you mean about blood results being confusing!!!

Yes, cons like to see levels of at least over 25 for ov, but really over 30 I think!

the cd 5 would be low, as you are at the start of your cycle, and progesterone is released after you have ovulated, hence why they use it as a marker for ovulation!

The cd 21 would suggest you maybe didnt ov that cycle. However, that depends on when you ovulated. The progesterone bloods should be done about a week after you ov. however, not all women ov on cd 14, therefore, the cd 21 bloods would not be accurately timed! If you ovd later that cycle, and that could be as late as cd 21, or even later, then the cd 21 bloods would show low levels, but it could mean you ovulated later that cycle., and therefore the progesterone bloods need to be carried out later, in line with ov!! hope all that makes sense!

what are your cycles like? do you think you ov regularly, or are your cyles a bit sporadic, and changeable?

What has your gp suggested, following the results?

HTH

:xxx2:

<

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Saturday, March 24th 2007, 12:09pm

When my dr used to test my progesterone she did cd21 and cd30 incase i ovualted slightly later however for me it was still a no go and my progesterone failed to go over 4 so maybe its worth asking for 2 bloods form's so they can check a little later too that way your know for sure.

hope this helps

xxx
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

• "BeckyP" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2007

Monday, March 26th 2007, 10:39pm

Hiya again,

Thanks for you replies. My cycles tend to be around 33-35 days with the odd one being 22 or 40 days! So I guess if I do ever ovulate it could happen later than cd21 .. will mention it to me GP - as it is I will be seeing my consultant on cd21 of my current cycle so he might suggest a later test anyway.

Thanks for the advice.
Becky x

Me: 36 PCOS & Anovulation & very overweight.
DF: 37 Azoospermia / CBAVD / Carrier of CF gene
TTC baby #1 for 5 years
ICSI our only hope.

Reg: Nov 5th 2007

Monday, November 5th 2007, 1:32pm

Progesterone levels and luteal phase

Firstly apologies this is a bit multi faceted.

I have grown children and last year mc. This March our precious baby Jacob was born sleeping at 37 weeks. Since then the need for a bfp is at desperation level.

I am almost 39.

My cycle is 28-31 days, I am ov'ing on day 21 - 23. Have had bloods done, first time on cd 21 so missed ov, second month on cd 25 as I had had a LH surge on cd 21 - my level was 59, so apparently that means I ov'd but is 59 good or just ok?

Thats the first query, 2nd is this ... is my LP too short?

I am seeing the consultant in 2 weeks but in the meantime going nuts! I think she'll prescribe clomid, but would so love it to happen on its own before we get there. I ov'd on 22/23 this month and we managed to dtd on both days.

So scared that my time will run out and we'll never bring OUR baby home.

Thank you
Kate
x
Me 39 DH 43

DD 21 & 19
SD & SS 17 & 16

Our Little Man Jacob, born sleeping 21-03-07. Full term and perfect, but terribly tangled in a very long umbilical cord.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 99 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE