You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "claire200" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 1:31am

Varicoele?

About 3 years ago my H went for a scan on his testes because I had noticed it felt a bit lumpy down there and neither of us had noticed this before.
Afterwards he was told it was nothing to worry about, just swollen veins, like varicose veins in the legs. He also has some bruising and dead blood from a severe kick wihile playing football when he was 14. He was hospitalised at the time because it was so swollen and bruised.
In August last year he had a SA done and told by his GP receptionist that the results were fine and nothing to worry about. In November when I was in for a lap and dye my gynae got the SA results sent over form H's GP and they turned out not to be fine as we were told (still with me!?)
It turns out he has a low sperm count, but all the other reading, mobility etc were normal or nearly normal.
We were very angry at the time because we had been told 4 months previously the SA was fine. My gynae complained to H's GP about it.

Now after reading on here about Varicoele's it sounds like this is what my H has but this has never been mentioned by his GP. Have they made another slip up?
Should we look into this further? From what I can find online these can cause a lower sperm count because the pool of blood can increase the temperature in the testes.
Is there anyone on here with any more knowledge of this?

I will be so angry with his surgery if this turns out to be right!
Claire xx

Married Dec 2005
Me 25 dH 26
TTC since May 2005
Ruptured ovarian cyst May 2005
Endometriosis diagnosed, right ovary and tube removed Nov 2005
Lap and Dye, more endo and cysts removed Nov 2006
Discovered H has low sperm count Nov 2006

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 2:39pm

RE: Varicoele?

i dont really know much about this at all Claire, but wanted to wish you all the best

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 4:01pm

Hi Claire

My dh had a varicocele which he had an op to sort out last year. He also had a low sperm count but the consultant said there was no guarantee that the varicocele was causing the low count. What it can affect apparently is the quality of the sperm that do get through as they are getting squashed etc trying to get through the varicocele. My dh had the op in july last year so he has to go back now for another sperm test to see if it has made a difference. They did make it clear to us before the op it may make no difference and there was a risk it could make things worse but it was a chance we decided to take.

I would definately look into it more if I was you two. Good luck xxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

• "claire200" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 7:33pm

Thanks for the advice Glitzy, hope your H's has improved when they re-test hun. Ive asked myu H to go back to his docs about this and see what they say.
Claire xx

Married Dec 2005
Me 25 dH 26
TTC since May 2005
Ruptured ovarian cyst May 2005
Endometriosis diagnosed, right ovary and tube removed Nov 2005
Lap and Dye, more endo and cysts removed Nov 2006
Discovered H has low sperm count Nov 2006

arlene31

Reg: Jan 18th 2007

Tuesday, March 6th 2007, 10:10pm

the varicele is a blood vein in the testes,not a route for the sperm! they affect the sperm quality because they create extra heat in the scrotum,the idea of the scrotum is to keep the testes away from body heat hence the increased heat caused by the variocele can cause problems.
arlenes dh(with added variocele)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE