You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 18th 2009

Children: St Judes

Friday, September 4th 2009, 8:38pm

Hi,

The one thing I had a problem with was getting the clinic to get back to me. I tried emailing and calling (Wolverhampton) but they didn't get back to me and in the end my husband took over. He called them a couple of times until they rang back. I think they are just so booked up and busy that it takes them a while but it is definately worth persisting.

I don't know about ICSI but I paid around 4500 - 5000 pounds for IVF.

Good luck x

P.S I was trying to find out about Gemmab baby as I know she was due in August but not good at finding old threads. If you are reading Congratulations!

starsmile

Trying since March 06. Clomid - 6 months. May 09 many polyps found. 1st round cancelled. 2nd Round July 09. :BFN:

FET November 09. 27th November :BFP: Can't believe it, please stick with me xxx

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Friday, September 4th 2009, 8:56pm

Thanks for that, i'll keep trying! I live close to the Newcastle clinic so i might pop in.

Good luck with everything.
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 10th 2009

Children: Ruby Isabella my IVF miracle born 22/12/2009

Saturday, September 5th 2009, 1:49pm

King-N They are not always at the Newcastle site as most of the procedures et, ec take place at the wolverhampton clinic so I would keep both numbers at hand keep trying the phoning there is not a huge amount of staff there so that is probably why, also they are really busy as they have such a good reputation all the luck in the world to you for your treatment xxx

1st time Mum following IVF
born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Saturday, September 5th 2009, 6:41pm

Thanks Lisa, that's useful to know. Thanks a lot.

Good luck to you too

bris

Reg: Sep 6th 2009

Sunday, September 6th 2009, 10:34pm

st judes

hi everyone
just a short note to say I was with st judes @ wton and have a lovely little boy to show for following our 1st attempt at ivf. I couldn't have asked for anyone better than dr A and kay to treat us. i was also private patient. i know i made the right choice and would recommend the clinic to anyone - the team are fantastic, very lovely and genuinely caring. good luck to you all x :smile:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bris" (Sep 6th 2009, 10:36pm)

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, September 7th 2009, 8:22am

Hi King N
just to answer your question.....they are at the Newcastle site on a Monday evening and a Thursady morning only, so might be worth trying them today if you get chance.....Jo the receptionist is lovely and really helpful, she always calls me back within an hour or so of me pestering her with questions!

good luck

ps. for an idea of costs, we had sperm retrieval which cost £1,500 and the IVF cost approx. £4,500

hope that helps

good luck to all of the St Jude's ladies xxxx

United Kingdom

Monday, September 7th 2009, 4:21pm

King-N

no problems good luck x

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Monday, September 7th 2009, 7:07pm

Hi all,

I rang the clinic this afternoon and got through. I have booked a consultation! Even though we will not be looking to have treatment until next year, they said it would be best to book a consultation soon so we can get an idea of costs etc.

Is this a typical thing to do even if it is so far in advance?

Thanks

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, September 7th 2009, 8:06pm

hey King N
when is your consultation hun? are you going to Newcastle or Wolves?

I think if you are interested in treatment with the clinic they prefer to see you sooner rather than later as they will take a detailed histpoy form you both and be able to advise you of the best treatments and costs.

The clinic are very patient led, they ask when you want to start treatment and they work around you, fab team! :smile:

good luck x

Monday, September 7th 2009, 10:01pm

That sounds great. Consultation is in Newcastle on 5th October so not long!

It will be good to speak to them so we know what to expect etc.

It was only recently that we have decided to go ahead with treatment as at first we were going to go straight for adoption but after speaking to a few people on here we thought we might as well give it a go. Although i am convinced it won't work!! (just me being negative i suppose!)

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, September 7th 2009, 11:05pm

King N
not long to go at all, have you thought about starting a diary on here as a way to record your treatment journey, we all have them in the diary sections, great for a rant, to ask questions and to chat to others, you will get lots of lovley visitors :happy:

We have most of our appts at Newcastle, but the main tx such as EC & ET is done at Wolves so in time you will be seeing both clinics, both are covererted private houses, very nicely done :smile:

good luck hun and please stay in touch x

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 9:29pm

OOh good luck to you, feel excited for you!! I went for a consultation with a view to starting treatment straight away so can't answer your question, but this year is flying by so it wont be to long before you start your journey. Stay positive you have picked a great hospital with lovely staff and a great success rate, do stay in touch and let us know how things go, wishing you all the luck in the world take care stay healthy and try to stay stress free xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 9:31pm

sunflower just noticed good luck for your hysterscopy in 8 days xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 10:08pm

thanks Lisa
did you have a hysteroscopy at st Jude's? If so, what was it like?

you know I think we may have bee having treatment at the same time, I was a poor responder for first IVF in Jan and Mr A said that there was another lady who was also a poor repsonder, and we were just a few weeks apart with treatment, he said that the other lady was responding well to 2nd lot of stimms, and I had my EC / ET in early April with second lot, so maybe it was you ?(

congrats on your BFP, you must be over the moon xxxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 5:37pm

It sounds like me!! I started short protocol in January which was abandoned then did the long protocol.also had ET EC April. I had the hysteroscopy done on the NHS in 08 that was fine think the IVF procedure was far worse than that. I really am over the moon cause no eggs survived other than the 2 that went in and we really would not have been able to afford another go and was refused NHS treatment as my partner has an 18yr old so it was my one and only chance. I really hope things go well for you keep in touch and let me know how you get on xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 10:35pm

I've had a letter from the PCT today!!!!! happydance

It says that St Judes in Wolverhampton have won a contract to offer treatment to NHS patients and we can transfer as we haven't yet started a cycle with MFS!!!

This is great news as its literally around the corner from where we live!! About a ten minute walk!! So much easier than travelling to Aldridge all the time!

It also says that we are invited to an open evening next Thursday!!!! Our consultant is the gynaecologist who I think performed my original lap back in 2000 - Dr Adeghe!

Am sooo happy! :D :D

Going by the comments on here it looks like a good clinic, I hope so as we were treated really well at MFS and hope that good feeling carries over to St Judes.

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

United Kingdom

Friday, September 18th 2009, 5:43pm

Shelbie, congratulations it is a fantastic hospital doctor Adeghe is the consultant he does the E/c and E/t he really puts you at ease good luck with your treatment let us know how you get on xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

United Kingdom

Monday, September 28th 2009, 7:46pm

Hi Shelbie
just wondered how your open day went? any idea when you can start yet? good luck hope its not to long to wait xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 1:14pm

Hi to Mr A's special patients!! we are lucky ladies, having such a nice con :happy:

Shelbie, how did the open evening go? what did you think of the clinic? when do you start?? sorry for all of the questions, I just get a bit excited when we talk about St Jude's :D

best wishes ladies xxxx

Reg: Nov 12th 2008

Children: One gorgeous little boy 2011

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 4:09pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry but i've not really been on here much lately, needed a break so just popping on now and again to check up on people.

Open evening went ok, think we both felt a bit overwhelmed as there were so many people there and I am used to it being a bit more private.

We are still waiting for treatment. When I found out my brother was having a girl I was devastated as this was my dream, they also have not handled the situation well around the preg and been hiding things from me. So I rang the clinic as suggested by DF (to focus on us) and enquired how long we would be likely to be waiting, someone called me back the next day, not sure who it was and she said I may not be allocated funding until April 2011. As you can imagine this was devastating, ( I will be nearly 37 by then) but having let this sink in and spoken to a few people we came to the conclusion that they probaly have to say something like this. They can't really put a time on it in case it took so much longer to get to the top of the list and gave people false hope.

So its been nearly 7 months since we were added to the waiting list, nothing really considering I've been trying for 12 years but the dread is there every day that it will be too late and I will not get enough goes as my PCT cut off is 38, I am also starting to go off the idea of tx altogether.......

Me 36 DF 30
TTC since 97
Dec 2010 IVF :BFP:

one :heart: seen 6+3 & 11+2 & 13+2 &20+2

bab22

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 4:32pm

Hi Shelbie,

Sorry you're having such a bad time at the moment. Have you got to wait so long because it is NHS funded? Can you not look at other clinics or would it be the same then? (I don't know much about how the NHS deals with things as we are private).

I hope things start to pick up for you and that you don't have to wait as long as they have predicted.

xxx

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 6:50pm

hi shelbie sorry you are feeling so low, im afraid i don't know to much about the waiting times, with regards nhs funding i do hope you don't have to wait so long, and as for your age i wouldn't worry to much i was 36 when having my tx please stick with it i know its really really difficult but giving up on your dream to be a mum after trying for so very long would not be the right choice after you have come so far, stick with it you are inching up that waiting list, heres hoping that things go well for you xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 1:40pm

:hello: fellow St Jude's ladies

Just reviving this thread as we have an appt at St Judes next week!! same day as Blossom :)

We've had almost a year off following our BFN in Nov last year, so time to dust ourselves down and get on with planning for the next go.......just re-read this whole thread, it is so positive and it has made me very excited again!!!!!

good luck to everyone having treatment at St Jude's

blowkiss :xxx:

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 2:23pm

Woo Hoo!! A week to go until our appointment Sunflower! Can't wait now and we will have our definite dates.

blowkiss

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: none

Sunday, August 29th 2010, 10:30pm

blossom and sunflower good luck with ur appointments.i'm a st jude girl too..not been on here for a while after i got my bfn in june.hoping to start treatment again in the new year but at the moment off work with a slipped disc n sciatica so on loads of painkillers.really hoping will be good to go again then n hopefully can lose a couple of stone too.
sunflower u know how lovely they all are there they just make u feel like part of a big family.we are all so lucky to have Mr A.
take care ladies xx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, August 30th 2010, 9:09am

hey jellybeangirl

sorry you have back trouble at the mo, hope you get better soon.

I think we will also be starting in the new year again, just going for advice and prices so that we can be prepared and save some money! Im also on a weight loss mission, I know Mr A does not weigh us girls or expect us to have a BMI of 25 (thank goodness!!) but I still want to feel healthier than I did last time, so Im dieting at the mo.......I need to find some will power!

stay in touch hun xx

Monday, August 30th 2010, 11:48am

Hi,

Jellybeangirl, Sorry to hear of your back pain, what a nightmare :(

I have only met with Dr. A once, but he was great. So friendly and funny!

I am quite relieved about the BMI thing too, as mine is waaayyy over that!! I have lost a stone and a half since January, which is ok i suppose, but could've been better! Hopefully i can lose a bit more before we start.

blowkiss

Monday, August 30th 2010, 1:51pm

blossom thats great 1 n half stone,wish i cud lose that.ilost 5 stone b doing lighterlife but over the course of my 1st treatment which i mc then my 2nd bfn i put on nearly 2 stone..my bmi is 37 so i need to least lose about 1 n half myself.like sunflower said its a good job they dont weigh u.Mr A says it will work even if we are larger ladies he said i was perfect the way i am,bless him :snigger: ..so u getting married in mauritius are u?i got a feeling i may know u.did u book at first choice ?pm if u want.been to mauritius myself,its fab.
sunflower when in the new year u thinking?i was hoping for feb cycle but it depends on my back n if i still have a job.had loads of time off in the past 12 months with the 2 ivf cycles n now this sciatica got my managers visiting me at home on friday ?( then i when i tell them i want more time off dont think it will go down to well.but i'm 36 now been trying for 13 yrs n i feel its my last chance so i gotta give it my all,so if it means losing my job so be it.
hope u ladies are enjoying the sunshine today.i'm stuck in as usual as cant walk too far or do anything normal :bawl: i just want the pain to go now.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, August 30th 2010, 7:12pm

jellybeangirl - we are hoping to go again in Jan, but might actually be feb to give us time to save the cash, so we may be cycle buddies again :happy:

I have lost 2 stone since April, another 1 to go, not seen Mr A for ages (since last Nov) and actually looking forward to seeing him, is that sad? or does it just mean we have a lovely doc?? :)

xx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, August 30th 2010, 7:15pm

oh forgot to say, hope your meeting with managers goes OK hun. Im paranoid about having time off sick at the moment too, been off for over 2 weeks now with tonsillitis, should be going back tomorrow but still feeling crap and tempted to get another sick note. Also want 2ww off and we are having a holiday so nearly 3 weeks annual leave booked for November - Oops!! but as you say - work can wait - babies come first :D xxxxx

Monday, August 30th 2010, 7:47pm

sunflower that would be lovely to be cycle buddies again.i know what u mean about Mr A hes just the best isnt he we are lucky to have him.hopefully he will work his magic on us both in the new year.for my 2ww in june i used my leave but will have none left in feb unless we wait til april n i use leave again then but dont think i can wait that long.only waiting til new year as dh wants to have a bit of time off from it,and hopefully have a good holiday beginning of nov.not booked yet but i work in a travel agents so i will get a good late deal thats if my backs better for then(it had better be else my dh wont be pleased already got a week off in 2 weeks time but i wont be able to travel,hes not impressed as he hates been at home when hes off n we had to stay at home during the 2ww in june) xfingers
trying not to worry about my job if they decide to finish me for all the time i've had off this year i will find something else,like u said babies are more important.

United Kingdom

Monday, August 30th 2010, 11:00pm

sunflower and all the other lovely st judes ladies

got my fingers toes and everything else possible crossed for you xxxx all the very best of luck and 1 million tonnes of sticky dust coming your way xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 8:20am

blowkiss Thank you Lisa - lovely to see you here hun. Gorgeous picture of your baby girl, love the fact that you & gemmb are in here, as amazing living proof that Mr A does create gorgeous healthy babies and make our dreams come true lurve

jellybeangirl - I always wanted to be a travel agent, I went into Thomsons at the weekend to ask about exchange rate for Mexico and the shop smelled like coconut and sun tan lotion, I didnt want to leave!! Ooh November hols - where are you thinking of going? Is Nov a good time for Mexico - please say yes as I am really really looking forward to it and I am hoping for sunshine :rainbow:

:xxx:

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 2:27pm

hi sunflower,mexico in november is fab one of the best times to go.where in mexico u staying n which hotel?i went to cancun several years ago n loved it.so much to do out there.take us dollars as everything is priced in dollars.we hoping to go to cuba (thats if i still have a job :S )not been there b4,hoping my back will be ok to fly then.so worried bout friday n my managers visit just glad its dh day off so he will be there too for moral support.got a few concerts booked for oct/nov/dec so i need toask for them to be rota days off n scared bout asking them b4 even gone back.i had mentioned it to another manager n she said closer the time will sort out but now shes left so in limbo.
we not made another appointment at st judes yet as unsure wheni will be ok to go.i just want to get sorted now and try n get my life back on track.hate being unsure X(
a good holiday is what we both need b4 we get on the rollercoaster again. :xxx:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 2:48pm

Ooooo I love this thread.

Can't wait to get going again in october.

Saw mr a when we went last week and he is lovely as ever.

I hope it works out for all of us.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:53pm

And me! I have xfingers for us all! :)

Gemma and Lisa are proof it can happen.

blowkiss

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 8:09pm

oooh good luck girls hope all works out for you xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, September 6th 2010, 10:12pm

:hello:

Seen the lovely Mr A today, he says I'm not suitable for the egg sharer scheme :sadface: as he wants me to have a bumper crop of eggs for a full fresh cycle and get us to the blasts stage :angel2:
So he is emailing a breakdown of the costs tomorrow, fingers crossed we dont get a fright!! scared we will have to save for months and wont be starting in the new year as planned, but we will see.......

one thing we do know, St Jude's is the clinic for us, DH feels comfortable and trusts them plus he is confident that Mr A will make our dreams come true (hope so!) xfingers

Blossom - how did you get on today hun?

Hi to everyone else :) x

blowkiss

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 8:35am

Hope the costs didn't frighten you too much!!!!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Sun Flower

Superstar

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 2:22pm

Hi Gem
nice to have you back - did you have a good holiday?

guess what?? Im still waiting for costs to be emailed or phoned through to me :rolleyes: I have called to chase them but still nothing, I think Mr A needs a full time PA - Im thinking of getting a new job actually, maybe I should apply! :snigger:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, September 24th 2010, 8:17am

I think you probably should kay run off her feet!!!!

Had a fantastic holiday and just wanna get on with things now. So I on the brazil nuts, the healthy eating, the vitamins and the no alcohol!!!!!

Hope you get some answers soon.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, October 4th 2010, 6:09pm

Hi St Jude's Fans!!! :D

I've called the clinic again today, spoke to Jo who is going to remind Mr A to email me!! xfingers I get something this week

How are we all??

United Kingdom

Monday, October 11th 2010, 9:10pm

oh good luck hope the cost isn't to scary and all goes well for you

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 3:13pm

Sorry you still waiting babes.

Hi Lisa how ya doing? Cute pic of your little girl.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 14th 2010, 8:27pm

hoping for some good news from you St. Jude Ladies

thanx Gemma I'm well hope all is going well for those having or about to start TX. Love your profile pic Gemma he is beautiful and that little cap is so sweet x

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 9:46pm

Blasts

Hey girls,

Was just having a look around the site aout blastocysts and i wondered whether you know if St. Judes have this option? I have looked on their website and i can't see any costs for it? When Kay gave me the breakdown of dates it was based on a 3 day transfer, but i would like to think that we may have the option to do the blasts if we want to/are able to.

Hope everyone is going on ok.

blowkiss

Sun Flower

Superstar

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 10:27pm

Hi Blossom

We are hopefully going to blasts next time, Mr A talked about it but he said only if we get lots of eggs and a good fert rate. It was not discussed during our first IVF or FET as I think it is more an option to icrease chances if it doesn't happen straight away, but Im sure they would advise you, might be worth giving them a call or asking at your next appt

personally Im scared of going to blasts, really worried they wont make it and we will have nothing to transfer, but thats just me feeling negative, I know of many ladies who have had blasts transferred and got BFP, so it does work, I think it depends on a lot of things though and its individual choice as well as guidance from the clinic

let us know what they say / what you decide

good luck & best wishes xx

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 7:12pm

Thanks Sunflower,

To be honest i am scared of going to blasts too. I have read positive and negative things about going to blasts. One thing is that it is more developed so they can pick out the best, but some people say that it would develop better in its natural environment inside.

So not sure to be honest. I can't really risk not having any to freeze as i don't know whether we will be able to afford to have a fresh cycle in the near future which is why i am hoping so much that we get some frosties.

I will mention it next time we go to the clinic and see what they say/advise.

It's so hard to decide isn't it!

Not long till your hol now!

blowkiss

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 8:25pm

Hi ladies

I thought I would revive this thread and congratulate Blossom & Shelbie - 2 St Jude's success stories during the last month - congrats ladies!!!! :BFP:

Mr A has worked his magic for you both - can I be next now please??! :D

here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy for you both xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 10:29pm

just wanted to pop by and wish everyone luck and congrats to the BFP recently xxx

born 22/12/09 6lb 7oz
tx @ St Judes
Lisa xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE