You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 482 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "StaceyC" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 9:38pm

Lap & Dye - Terrified!

Hiya

I've been booked in for a lap and dye on the 12th march, and to put it politely, i'm terrified!

never had any surgical procedures done, and although i know its fairly minor and for a good cause, i cant stop freaking out about the anesthetic.

I know a few of you have had this procedure, can you give me some info/advice on it?

I just dont know what to expect!

thanks for reading this blowkiss

Reg: Dec 13th 2006

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 9:44pm

RE: Lap & Dye - Terrified!

Hi ya Stacey

Everyone is different but it's not actually that bad. You may feel some discomfort after as they put air in your tummy. You'll have a few scars and stictches (ver small ones) and a little bit of discomfort for a few days which will go with a few paracetemol.

Don't panic, I'm sure labour is much worse.

Feb 07, IVF BFP, MC , Aug 07, abandoned, Oct/Nov 07, abandoned, Feb 08, IVF @ Lister, BFN, Oct 08, IVF @ Lister, BFP, MC
Mar 09, IVF Lister
Please pray for a miracle

• "StaceyC" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 13th 2006

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 9:46pm

lol, thats what i was thinking.

its not the pain i'm worried about, its the anesthetic!

im such a wuss!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "StaceyC" (Feb 21st 2007, 9:50pm)

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 9:47pm

It's really very minor hon so don’t worry. I was scared of general anaesthetic too but it was actually fine, nothing to fret about.
When I woke up I had a fair bit of pain in my shoulders, they use gas and if there are any traces left it settles in your shoulders. They gave me some smashing painkillers, very mellow after them!
:xmas8:

Reg: Apr 23rd 2006

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 10:08pm

Hi Stacey,

Good luck for your lap & dye.

I know it's hard hun but try not to worry. I actually kinda like the anaesthestic but then I'm kinda strange like that :D It's not a painful or scary experience if you can just relax and think happy thoughts. Think why your doing it and drift off into a lovely sleep.

Hollys right about the gas though. I had some discomfort in my shoulders, which you wouldn't necessarily expect but paracetomol seemed to do the trick.

All the best and take care X

Me 28 DH 32 [zx101]
1st ICSI Dec 05 8 eggs, 3 fert :BFN:
Left Tube removed June 06
2nd ICSI March 07 16 eggs, 7 fert:BFN:
3rd ICSI July 07 - 22 eggs, 5 fert :BFN:
4th ICSI Dec 07 with blasto, lovely eggs, slow development to blasto :BFN:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 482 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE