You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

arlene31

• "arlene31" started this thread

Reg: Jan 18th 2007

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 11:15am

variocele

Hi everyone,this is my first visit in a while to this forum.Me and dh recently had icsi treatment which was successfull but just before xmas we misscarried at 8 weeks pg.
This was our first course of treatment which was no picnc but i am sure you will all agree, we will do anything to have a baby in our arms.We were so thankful for all our support and assistance the clinic gave us.
Anyhoo my question is this, my dh has a variocele(prob spelt wrong) and had an okay count but bad motility(cont have the % figs to hand) which the hospital failed to treat even though they knew of this before treatment.Now, does anyone have any success stories of having this treated and going onto conceiving?We are pursueing the hospital for him to be treated for this at the moment although it seems like we are doing all the pursuing.We do have 3 embies frozen for a second attempt if this is to fail .
Any suggestions, enquiries, or general guidance would be helpfull.
Arlene XXXXX
:0)

maria

Reg: Nov 29th 2006

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 2:37pm

Hi Arlene,
sorry to hear about the m/c.
Regarding varicoceles, my dh has the same problem, so I read a lot about it. I read in fertility friends forum about a lady who got pregnant naturally after only 1 month of her dh having the surgery. so if varicoceles is the only problem u have, I think it is worth it for ur husband to have the surgery or embolization and make him take a lot of vitamines and proxeed. and hopefully u won't need another treatment... Read fertility friends forum -> male factor
by the way, if they put u on a long waiting list for the treatment, it may be worth going to Germany for it, I was told by a famouse doctor it should't cost more than 500 euros
Best wishes maria
Me:27, DH:38, DH low everything count

arlene31

• "arlene31" started this thread

Reg: Jan 18th 2007

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 3:38pm

Thanxs for that , it gives us a bit of hope, this is the only problem that we have and if the op can help things we would be over the moon.He is already taking viamins http://fertilaid.com/default.asp
We have a good feeling that if we the vitamins and he gets the op then we can conceive naturally.
Tried phoning the hospital again today, but still waiting for them to phone me back.
Has your dh had this op done?

maria

Reg: Nov 29th 2006

Thursday, January 18th 2007, 3:46pm

not yet, but hoping we will sort the op before end of Feb.
the new kind of op is called embolization and as they say he stays in hospital only for couple of hours after the op, and it only takes less than an hour, so it is easy fix.
Best wishes
Me:27, DH:38, DH low everything count

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, January 19th 2007, 6:16pm

Hiya

My dh had the varicocele embolization in July last year - we ended up going private to have it done and it only cost just over £300 - I thught it would be lots more. We were aedvised to wait 6mth before having a sperm test so he is having it this month - I will let you know if it has made any difference to his count/motility. At the start they said it may not help the count but it should help the quality of the sperm that do get through. He always had a dull ache is his testicle though and that has gone completely so we hope that is a good sign.

I will let you know what happens with the results but I would say if there is a chance for your dh's to have the op then go for it. My dh was in and out within 4 hours (a little tender for 2 days afterwards but nothing major).

xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE