You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 25th 2007

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 7:58pm

My Dr laughed at me when I asked if it would help and told me not to bother...but I do have a little extra on my cereal just in case and as I don't really like milk in it's neat form have cunningly changed it custard! Devonshires finest!
Sue xxx

ICSI Feb 07 m/c 8 wks, ICSI Aug 07 m/c 5 wks, FET - Mar 08 BFN, ICSI July 08 BFP

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Monday, September 17th 2007, 8:55am

Ah good you have all answered my thoughts with exactly what I was thinking!! Thanks girls!

Kara with regard to the pineapple, I know that eating when you are due to give birth can sometimes bring on contractions, and historically it is known for toning the uterus. i don't think it would make any difference as to whether or not you'd get a bfp from eating it though. It is however very yummy, and full of good stuff so it can't hurt!!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Friday, September 21st 2007, 10:35am

I understand pineapple is apparently a good source for your selenium.

The milk is to help build the womb lining and is also a good source of protein. I was advised by my clinic that I needed to make sure I was getting enough protein through the cycle so I made sure I was getting a minimum of 60 per day (sorry can't recall what units the protein is measured in when you read it off the back of packets of food !).
Vivvy
Me 37 DH 34 (male factor)
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

BFP (MED FET 2 x day 6 blasties + aspirin) Baby boy 08/08/09, a big fat 8lbs 9ozs !!!
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) but m/c at 6 weeks
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) TWINS DUE MARCH 2011

dwarf

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Friday, September 21st 2007, 12:58pm

Clinic yesterday told me to get dh to eat 6 brazil nuts a day as they are packed full of selenium - chocolate covered or not - doesn't matter!
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Abbie

Reg: Nov 15th 2006

Monday, September 24th 2007, 10:51pm

Milk

I was told by my consultant that milk itself does not make any difference and to not go too heavy on the dairy products.

I have been given a really useful leaflet from Bridge which explains about proteins etc.

Bridge Centre Leaflet

I wish I had known half of this before but am trying to follow it now

Me 39 DP 41
Male Factor
First ICSI March 07 :BFP: then :BFN: (biochemical)
Fibroid removed June 07
2nd ICSI Oct 07 Assisted Hatching OMG :BFP:

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, September 25th 2007, 10:45am

dont know for sure if it works but i love milk and drank loads, milk, milkshakes and ice cream yum yum
x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 6:57pm

Poor egg quality

I am going to jump the gun a little, and assume that our poor fertilisation rate has been down to me having poor quality eggs. I am aiming to help that along, by adopting a low GL diet, amimed at reducing my blood sugar levels, and to lose weight. (I am trying to get back to the rough weight I was when I was super fertile).

Does anyone know of any other ways to improve egg quality? I am willing to try most things! Are there nutritional/food supplements which I should be taking aimed at improving egg quality?

Also has anyone had laparascopic diathermy treatment on their ovaries? This has also been suggested to me as a possible solution IF my ovaries are still appearing polycystic.
I have 4 lovely big kids

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, October 8th 2007, 5:31pm

mrs smiff

i would try and discuss this with your cons, some people say you can improve the quality some say now

they should now how your eggs looked after ec and i would ask this
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Tuesday, October 9th 2007, 10:37am

hi mrs smiff - have a look at these threads - might help

[EMAIL=http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/thread.php?threadid=8969&hilightuser=646]Egg Quality cant be changed?!!!!???[/EMAIL]

How Do You Improve Egg / Sperm Quality?

hope they help

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Saturday, December 15th 2007, 4:46pm

Mrs S
Heres my story.... On my first ISCI - ( me polycysytic and DH low count )... we had 20 eggs, 18 fertilised but none suitable for frozen. I was gutted at the time witha BFN, but picked myself up and started again... 2nd ISCI - same protocol/same drugs/same dosage but this time I had accupuncture a few months before and and during tx to improve my egg quality... I drank the milk, eat well etc thru both treatments...this time I had 27 eggs, 20 fertilised, 2 were put back as before and I have 8 frosties to use later on...oh plus a BFP that turned into my lovely little boy :happy:. I really think the accupuncture helped as it's the only thing I did differently - theres no other explanation in my eyes.

Ignore me if you don't fancy any more needles during your TX :bawl:but I really think it helped me a lot

Caz xxxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cazzmo" (Dec 15th 2007, 4:46pm)

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Saturday, December 15th 2007, 6:04pm

I had acupunture Caz for 8 weeks up to my 2nd IVF, right the way through using the IVF protocol but it didn't make any difference for me as I got a BFN but congrats on your little boy, he looks lovely, you are so lucky.

I would like the same answers as you Mrs S as my egg quality dosn't seem great

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

ZIG

Ace

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Tuesday, December 18th 2007, 11:10am

Sounds as though you are doing the right thing to increase egg quality. I didn't produce many eggs and they were always poor grade.
For my 4th tx I went on a strict anti-thrush diet, which also meant high intake of protein and losing loads of weight. I had acupuncture, bowen and cut down on exercising. I also did the milk and water thing during tx. Lo and behold, Bella has just had her 2nd birthday! And once my body knew what to do, baby no.2 arrived 3 months ago, via natural conception. The power of positive thought is an amazing thing. "Think" your eggs big and strong, and believe it will happen. You just never know....

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

roxy

Ace

Reg: Feb 5th 2008

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:07pm

Good quality eggs :)

Hi ladies,
does anyone have any tips for making sure I have healthy eggs? :smile: I am starting puregon up reg drugs on Monday and wondered if I could do anything to help myself , I have only got one ovary and that one has PCOS :bawl: I am sure that I have read somewhere that diet/certain foods help?? ?(

JenC

Ace

Reg: Sep 21st 2006

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:17pm

:hi: Roxy
I had poor egg quality on my 1st try, but this time I did accupuncture, drank loads of water and ate lots of veg and fruit.

I feel that the accupuncture is a good start, read the story that was inthe news today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1933901.stm

It may help, give it a go!
I love it, its great and relaxing too (and it doesn't hurt).

My eggs were 100% better quality this time round....
:goodluck:
:xxx:
JEN:cat: Sept 07 - 1st IVF:BFN: Feb 08 - 2nd IVF:BFP::happy:

happydance bab15 MUMMY AT LONG LAST , Amy Louise was born via Emergency C-Section on the 27th Oct 08 happydancebab15

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:25pm

News story

Hi all

I read this story in the metro as I did my 7 hour round trip to argc today and initially it sounded fabulous, BUT the metro pointed out the balance.... that a survey in the US last year showed a 45% negative response in IVF patients using acupuncture, so its very much a personal choice on where you go with this... if it works for you, then great, but do your research too!!!

Cathie

xx
Cathie

Proud mum to Eric after 3 years TCC!!!

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:31pm

RE: Good quality eggs :)

Quoted

Originally posted by roxy
Hi ladies,
does anyone have any tips for making sure I have healthy eggs? :smile: I am starting puregon up reg drugs on Monday and wondered if I could do anything to help myself , I have only got one ovary and that one has PCOS :bawl: I am sure that I have read somewhere that diet/certain foods help?? ?(

I think just generally looking after yourself is the best you can do. Eating plenty fresh fruit and veg, drinking plenty water and milk and perhaps taking a pro natal multivitamin.
Very best of luck to you hun x
:xmas8:

roxy

Ace

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:34pm

Hi Jen, :smile: thanks I will download the link now, I found accupuncture helpful with the endo so will definately give that a go, I have upped my water intake although I usually only drink the demon drink Coke but I am banned from that at the moment! I never realised how difficult it was to drink 2 litres of water!
A huge good luck with the test (i am useless with the graphics, i would send you a big fingers crossed if I could) XX

roxy

Ace

Friday, February 8th 2008, 8:40pm

Thanks for all of the repliesLadies :D
I think stress will be my biggest barrier - I keep getting told I need to learn how to relax (I reply "try working with teenagers" :snigger:), I will definately follow the diet advice and persevere with the water torture :happy:

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 8:24pm

I agree with the stress factor Roxy, I get really anxious every cyle. I do have a healthy diet including crisps lol and drink lots of water, take folic acis, no caffeine, no alcohol, who knows if it helps.... oh and I drink pint of milk while stimming. I did have acupuncture last cycle but didn't enjoy it and it didn't get me my BFP but lots of girls swear by it

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
5 frosties

bab10 bab10

kar1

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 8:27pm

egg quaility can rarely be changed, good diet is of course important and some said acupuncture helps and also a drug therpy called dhea (janet evan con at ivf is doing a study)

no booze, caffine and smoking of course is best and also eat as healthy as you can. some say milk, i drank 1 glass a day, this is mostly for the protein
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

kar1

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 8:48pm

TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

roxy

Ace

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 9:07pm

Thank youso much ladies blowkiss
I did not realise that milk helps so will add that in, my only milk intake is usually in coffee but thats out, along with chocolate, crisps and chinese food lol, Kara - a huge big :hugs: for Monday, you have been a lot of help to me over the past few days I will be thinking of you :xxx3: Jane are you are February girl too?

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 9:17pm

Or Ice Cream - I ate LOTS of ice cream when stimming,EC,ET and 2ww I ha no idea it was recommended I just Love Ice cream :D :D
But maybe it helped x x

roxy

Ace

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 9:23pm

Now that sounds more like it I LUV ice cream too - Ben & Jerrys chocolate fudge brownie makes a change from my weight watchers eclairs thanks :xxx3:

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 9:25pm

mm mm mm mm mm mm mm Eclairs - i always get chocci munchies at night.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "1xbaby pls" (Feb 9th 2008, 9:25pm)

kar1

Saturday, February 9th 2008, 9:26pm

yummy yummy

im sure that must 100% improve quality :happy:
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 6:58pm

Excuse me for being thick, whats an anti thrush diet???????????????????????/

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
5 frosties

bab10 bab10

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 7:25pm

Hi Mrs S
I followed Zita West's advice in her book (not at her clinic as wasn't practical) after, I think our 3rd BFN. This time I have taken her Vitamin supliments. She is a strong advocate of accupuncture too.

ZIG

Ace

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Monday, February 18th 2008, 6:39pm

An anti-thrush diet consisted of no sugar of any kind, or anything that was mould producing. So nothing sweet at all, no fruit (fructose), wine or vinegar or cheese (mould), bread (yeast), limited veg (dependant on how much natural sugar content). Any kinds of tea and coffee were also out. Sounds harsh but it really worked as I lost loads of weight, felt fantastic after a month and completely got rid of my thrush. Mind you, the first 2 weeks were horrendous! I was chased out of a sweet shop for licking the walls (only joking!)!!!!!

I stuck to it for 3 or 4 months and began to slowly re-introduce things once I got my bfp.

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

Children: if only!

Monday, February 18th 2008, 8:51pm

I'm not sure if any of the stuff I've been reading up on is any use to you?

The Randine Lewis book I've got suggests Coenzyme Q10 and pycnogenol (antioxidant) supplementation - but I haven't found any scientific trials where they have actually tested any supplements for the female partner to see if they improve IVF success rates - except for an old study which showed that Vit C supplementation improved IVF outcome (and helped reverse the negative impact on success rates caused by smoking) and several studies which show that folate/vit B complex improved outcome and boosted rates of twin pregnancies with IVF.

Getting your weight right is worth doing, because there has been consistent evidence that a BMI above 25 or less than 20 reduces IVF success rates.

Studies on the effect of acupuncture on IVF outcome have given mixed results with several studies showing a positive effect, some showing no effect and at least one suggesting a negative effect.

Some studies have looked at exercise and have found that higher levels of exercise have a negative effect on IVF success rate.

One interesting study I saw found that, ironically, ladies who scored HIGHER on a rating scale for anxiety and depression relating to their impending IVF, actually had a better IVF outcome than ladies who were more relaxed and optimistic.

I've also been reading up about OD - but haven't come to any good conclusions about it. My understanding so far is that it is more likely to be good route for younger PCO ladies than older ladies, because there is data that shows that it reduces ovarian reserve. It is also more likely to be effective if you have higher LH levels beforehand.

One comforting bit of information is that PCOS ladies have a lower rate of premature ovarian failure than the rest of the population. So it seems that whatever the mechanism is that causes PCOS, it protects against ovarian aging. So maybe if you do have PCO, then there is less chance that your eggs are 'older'.

I don't know if these articles are any use to you:

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/con…ract/22/10/2660
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16785158
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/19/10/2175
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17852413
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16390777
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16167950

sorry if I've gone off at a bit of a tangent.

SarahV

Superstar

• "SarahV" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: One on the way, yippee

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 12:58pm

Hi, just to let you know my consultant has actively encouraged me to try acupuncture. It's too soon to tell if it will work, but I can tell you know it's helping me to relax!

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 6:53pm

:hi: Mrs S

Sorry I can't offer any advice as im new to all this but didn't just want to read and leave. Good luck with your journey.

:xxx3:

Reg: Jul 7th 2008

Children: Hopeful for 2009...

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 3:34pm

Any supplements good for egg quality?!

Hello ladies,

I know there is nothing we can take that can specifically and directly affect the eggs we were born with, but I was wondering if you had come across any kind of supplements that are meant to be able to keep them healthy and protect them in any way?

I haven't been told there is anything wrong with the quality of my little eggies but I just wanted to do the best I can do!

Thanks ladies and babydust

xxx

Reg: Jul 23rd 2008

Children: Fingers crossed

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 3:57pm

I read some stuff about coenzyme Q10 (I think it might have been in Zita West's book), and there is some stuff about wheatgrass juice being helpful for older ladies and something called DHEA (but that sounded risky).

I don't think there is any scientific proof for taking coenzyme Q10, wheatgrass or anything else that I know of though.

I'm interested to hear if anyone else knows anything.

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: 1 amazingly beautiful miracle daughter x x

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 4:02pm

I don't know anything about eggs specifically but I have just bought the pregnacare conception tablets which have a few different things aimed at different parts of conception? Have been taking plain folic acid for about a year but just bought these for when I run out.

This is what it claims:

Antioxidant minerals with natural vitamin E – Important co-factors in antioxidant enzymes, to help protect genetic material from free radical damage.

Inositol – Inositol may help support ovarian function and influence fertility. It is involved in the cell signalling pathway which influences fertilization and cell growth.

L-Arginine – Well known as a precursor in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism, L-arginine can influence release of the egg from the ovaries (follicular release) as well as healthy follicular blood flow and implantation.

N-acetyl cysteine – A precursor of glutathione, an important antioxidant in the body. N-acetyl cysteine is also important for healthy cervical secretions.

Vitamin B12 – Part of the B complex group of vitamins, it has been found that B12 supplementation can help to maintain healthy ovarian function and reproductive health.

Good luck! x
Natural x2 Ectopic 18-8-03*M/C 30-7-05
ICSI Jan 09-BFN* 1 frostie* ICSI Sept 09-abandoned* ICSI March 10-BFN* 1 blasto frostie* ICSI Oct 10-:BFP:* 2 frosties* FET July 13-BFN* ICSI Aug 13 - ?

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:08pm

Thank you all very much ladies.

Carnelian - Your mention of Zita West got me thinking and I went on to her website to have a look at what she offers. I know quite a few girls who have taken her supplements and gone on to concieve so I think I'll give them a go. I've ordered the DHA capsules and Vitafem. For my last IVF and FET I just took my pregnacare and baby aspirin but I'll give them a go and see what happens :smile:
Good Luck with your tx. xx

Londongirl - I've been taking the pregnacare conception but I think I'll try the Zita West supplements this time and see what happens! I'm also going to make sure I eat loads of protein, fish, beans, lentils and a glass of milk per day. I'm even going to go the whole hog and cut out chocolate, sugary processed foods and snacks. i don't drink caffeine or alcohol anyway so I think that'll just about cover it! Loads of luck with your tx and please remember (re last post) you will be a great mum :smile:

Eeyore - Thanks very much for those links. I've read them all with great interest. You are a cavern of information!

xxxx

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:13pm

You're welome

Can I ask - did your consultant prescribe baby asprin last time?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:20pm

Yes they prescribed it on my fresh IVF and FET. I still had two early losses though.
x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:25pm

I am sorry hun, I just wanted to be sure as so many women read the threads and take it upon themselves to take it without being advised to, that came out wrong, I didn't mean you were doing that, I mean my question was so anyone reading this knows not to!

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:30pm

Don't worry! It's my fault. I know exactly what you mean, I don't want somebody to read my thread and think oh I'll take it. I should have said it was prescribed.
x

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 6:44pm

I took DHEA. My clinic are doing a trial with it at the moment, and as far as I can tell, from what I have been told by my clinic and what I have read, there aren't any risks involved. Our bodies make DHEA naturally, and it tails off as we get older, hence DHEA is marketed as an anti ageing drug. The trials at the moment are because there have been a lot of cases where there seems to be a direct link between taking DHEA supplements, and improved egg quality and quantity, particularly in patients where either or both were previously low.

My embryo's were of a much higher quality this time round. I don't know if it had anything to do with the DHEA, we'll never know, but my view was that it can do no harm so why not try. I did feel more energetic and definitely had less depressive moments while on DHEA. (It has also been proven to have anti depressant qualities).
I have 4 lovely big kids

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 7:08pm

on the subject of milk you might want to check out Sarah Dobbyn's 'the Fertility Diet' book (see RECOMMENDED READING).
I've just borrowed this from the library. Haven't made up my mind about the book yet but it does have pointers to some interesting studies that are worth looking into. Unfortunately I don't think she always tells the whole picture, such as studies that might refute others. Anyhow, she cites a controversial study (conducted in 1994) that suggests milk may actually decrease your fertility. I wouldn't want anyone to stop drinking milk on this basis but if you're interested then do look for the book yourselves.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 10:12pm

Jen - thanks for this, I'll have a butchers. I have also read that milk in very large quantities is not beneficial but a small glass a day may be beneficial and can do no harm. x

Mrs Smiff - I'm glad you mentioned DHEA and how it may have improved your eggs this time around. I wasn't too sure as I was worried there may be risks but I feel a lot more positive that it can't really do any harm so I may just give it a try. I mean, just look what happened with you...a great big lovely BFP! Congrats on the doubling beta btw :smile:

Even though my FSH is nice and low, 4 of our embryos went to blast and they were good quality I still want to try and improve our chances as much as possible.

Right, I'm off to read that link Jen.

x

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 10:15pm

Mrs Smiff, I forgot to ask where you bought the DHEA and how many mg you took per day? Thanks

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 10:21pm

Sorry to keep on bounding messages back. I just found a couple of medical sites that sell them and it says not to take them if under 40. I'm 35 so I'm not sure what to do now. However, from what I can gather, DHEA has an inverse effect on cortisol and my cortisol levels are generally sky high so I feel it may be very beneficial. What do you think?

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 10:36am

Hi Kate,

I can't answer your question, sorry - but I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying following this discussion and thanks everyone for the useful and interesting info. :xxx3:

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

wanaka

Reg: Oct 4th 2008

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 3:05pm

RE: Egg Quality cant be changed?!!!!???

Hi, Did you get pregnant? I'm having issues with my quality as well. I've conceived 4 times, 3 ending up in miscarriage & 1 a tubal. Very frustrating! I'm seeing a fertility dr but the clomid hasn't really helped. I only developed 1, sometimes 2, egg follicles, & the 2 IUI's didn't help, either. Each time I've conceived it's been natural, but my body can't seem to hold on to it, & each time I'm told, "Oh, it was most likely at time of conception, either a bad egg or bad embryo." I'm sorry, but I need more of an answer than that! I'm now 39 years old & my husband & I are still childless. :bawl: I just recently changed my eating habits & am eating a lot more fruits & veggies, especially blueberries & spinach & broccoli. Hopefully that will help. My question to you is, did you end up going with acupuncture & did it help? I'm just so frustrated & it seems like I'm really running out of options, except for either adoption or a donor, but I want our baby to come from ME, you know?? Any advice you can give me will be so much appreciated! Hope to hear back from you soon. :smile:
Wanaka

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 3:16pm

Welcome to :FZ: Wanaka

I am so very sorry for your losses.

I can't help with your question but I wanted to say hello and welcome.

I just wondered if you'd like to you can introduce yourself in the Newbies section where I am certain you'll get a wonderful welcome and loads of advice and support.

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 9:31pm

RE: Egg Quality cant be changed?!!!!???

Wanaka

Just wanted to say hello and welcome, I wanted you know that I understand what you are going through. A lot of people say I can understand but they don't really know what you go through every day.

I have had 7 BFP and still no babies, these BFP's rsesulted in 3 ectopics and 4 m/c's so wanted to say hello to someone a similar position.

I am about to start my 3rd IVF this month so here goes..........

Reg: Jul 26th 2007

Children: Yes please!

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 10:47am

Kim and Wanaka, my heart goes out to both of you. I admire you both for still being so strong and not giving up the fight.
We will all be a mummy one day. :angel2: xxx
TTC 2002.
1st icsi BFP 4th Dec 07.Twins! Miscarried!
2nd icsi BFN July 08
3rd icsi BFN Dec 08
4th FET BFN Aug 09
5th icsi BFPJan 2010
http://lb1m.lilypie.com/Ya1o.png

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE