You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, May 4th 2007, 10:44pm

Hi

I am going through a very structured acupunture programme and I love it .

My 1st consultation was nearly 2 hours , asking questions and questions , more than my own doctor ever did ..

History of illnes , cycles , Ivf cycles , tests I had done , diagnosis from hospital ... so on so on..

I have had 4 sessions , so thorough , lower back calfs and feet , then turnover for tummy ... It isnt pain free , but as someone quoted No pain no gain . the most sensitive part of me is my feet, this is because there so bony and one of the important parts for fertility support in acupunture is little toes . OUCH

I am also like a witch, boiling herbs and drinking a substance twice a day . Its digusting but I believe its helping me to ovulate , I already have had a small amount of mid cycle mucus ( never ever get that) , also my period have been richer in colour, less pain , and no warning of coming on .

Not everyone believes, but they are fantastic and truly want to help me , so heck, im giving it a go .

Good luck

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

Reg: Mar 10th 2007

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 11:56am

Thanks girls, yeah im really positive about it. Everyone seems to have different treatment i suppose due to different problems. Mine were put in my tummy, top of feet and side of knees(OUCH!!!). Did feel relaxed going next week so will wait and see, only time will tell.

Emilia Thanks for pm. x

Me 34 DH 32
Clomid & IUI'S BFN
IVF Cnclld OHSS
FET Apr 07 BFN .
FET with Clomid Aug 07 BFN
FET due again Dec/Jan 08

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 4:59pm

Accupuncture in Wales??

Hi anyone

Am thinking of maybe trying acu - haven't made up my mind yet. Was wondering if anyone knew any fertility acu in N Wales. If not looks like i've got some ringing round to do from the yellow pages as i don't know anyone who could recommend anywhere??

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, June 1st 2007, 2:46pm

Ruthie
Sorry hun - I went to one in Cardiff. It's now a natural fertility centre
I could give you the number to see if they can recommend anyone, if that helps. She used to go on lots of courses so may have a contact for you

Caz xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Reg: Feb 4th 2007

Friday, June 1st 2007, 3:40pm

Caz

YEH thanks jus pm me with numba

Thanks thumbup

Me 28 DH 29
TTC 4 1/2 yrs
MC 2004 7wks MC 2005 11 wks
ICSI Dec 2006
Cancelled after EC:high risk OHSS
11 Frosties
Nat Fet March 07 BFN
7 Frosties :)
Med Fet May 07 BFP
VERY SHOCKING NAT BFP MAY 09

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, July 1st 2007, 11:14pm

acupuncture/reflexology for men?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of acupuncture or reflexology helping to improve a man's SA results?

Or, come to that, whether anyone had ever managed to persuade their DH that it was a good idea - figure I'll cross that bridge later!

Thank you!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, July 1st 2007, 11:16pm

Should I have put this in the male factor section? Or is it ok here?

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 8:41am

HI there - my DH started acupuncture a few weeks ago (the week before we got the BFP, so obviously not a contributing factor to that!).
he's going every week at the moment. haven't yet decided if we're going to do another SA but if we did it wouldn't be for 3 months or so - hoping that it does the trick and we get pg again.....without being ttc for as long this time.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Jul 11th 2007

Monday, July 16th 2007, 6:32pm

Braintree

Hi,

just reading this thread. Can you please tell me the name of your reflex person in Braintree?

i live near Saffron Walden and i think it will help me to relax! Had reflex years ago all the time and love it!

Roz

Reg: May 20th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful wee girl

Monday, July 16th 2007, 11:20pm

I had accupunture a few years ago to try and clear my eczema (it never worked), I would like to try it again though to see if it would help us get pg.
The bit that puts me off though is last time I had to brew and drink the most foul disgusting bark, twigs and whatever else was in it concoction.
Would i have to do that fertilty wise? :yuk:

Mummy to a beautiful little lady

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "milner" (Jul 16th 2007, 11:20pm)

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 9:09am

Hi Milner,

If you go to a Chinese acupuncture & herbs place the answer is probably yes. They will try and make you take the herbs as well. I also took the herbs for a skin condition many years ago along with a cream. I later discovered that the cream had actual steroid in and the herbs have natural plant steroids in. So basically although they work for many people they generally involve taking some form - natural or otherwise of steroid.

You need to be very careful when it comes to fertility. From all the research & reading I have done, the general opinion when it comes to fertility is don't take the herbs -e specially not in conjunction with IVF drugs.

My advice is stear clear of those Chinese herb shops and instead go to the website for the British Acupuncture Council and get the name, number and address of a reputable acupuncturist as close to your home or work as possible. Discuss at length with them how often they treat fertility issues, what success they have had etc. If having acupuncture alongside IVF make sure they have experience and training in the proper IVF protocol. It is very specific and general fertility experience isn't good enough - they need the proper training.

I hope this helps.
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

Billie

Megastar

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 2:01pm

i'm haveing my first acupuncture on wednesday @ 5pm. mine is costing 45 pounds for the first one and 35 thereafter.

i'm really happy with my first impression of my acu lady. i called her and she said to come for a chat which i did. she took a history, looked at my tongue etc and discussed the IVF in full. she said she trained with zita west but im a bit of a cynic so i'll reserve opinion on that.
she then took an acu needle from the packet and found a point in my arm just to show me that the needles were flexible and didnt hurt.
anyway i told her i wanted to go for it but she wouldnt let me commit there and then. she told me to go home and have some time to think about it and if i still wanted to choose her to do it, i should call back. so she put me at ease for not being pushy.

i'll let you know how it goes for wednesday night.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 2:17pm

That sounds really good Ali. Her attitude sounds right though I'm not sure it won't hurt! I found it very painful but because I could tell very quickly how much good it was doing I stuck at it. Some points don't hurt and some do and it also depends how receptive your body is but it's all worth it.

Let us know how it goes hun and I wish you lots of luck with it. You know I swear by it but it doesn't suit everyone so you need to see how it works out for you.

xxxx

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 3:34pm

I have only been once for a migraine and will go again tomorrow morning but OMG, who said it did not hurt!!!???!
I guess it is different when they stick needles into very tense muscles. One needle went straight to the bone. Could not speak. Painful!!!

But then afterwards, the feeling of relaxation! It was amazing. I loved it!

She was originaly a midwife and mostly deal with fertility and pregnancy related issues so if I ever have IVF again then I will start off with her!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 4:02pm

Mine was a midwife too! She was so brilliant and since I moved to Sussex I really miss her. I definitely credit her with helping my ivf be successful first time and she cured lots of other ailments for me and dh too. V relaxing afterwards and great for removing stress but OMG I am v sensitive to it and it hurt like hell!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Children: my fur baby shawnee and my beautiful daughter C born Dec 2010

Tuesday, July 24th 2007, 7:25pm

quick question for people who have had acupuncture -

i had my second treatment yesterday morning and while i was in work in the afternoon i had a dizzy spell that lasted about 5 minutes - felt really lightheaded and dizzy and my eyesight was very blurry similar to when im about to get a migraine - im going to ask the acupunture doctor about it when i go for my next treatment but has anyone else ever had this after a treatment?
TTC for 7 years (MFI and Immune problems)
6 ICSI's so far all BFN
Cycle with Immune treatment in Nottingham - :BFP:

Ellie's PG Diary

Tuesday, July 24th 2007, 8:44pm

Hi Ellie,

I've never had anything quite like this but I have had times when I've been pretty zonked after acupuncture and I'm not sure I'd be capable of work after a session. I always scheduled it on non work days but I know that can be tricky. Can you schedule it for after work? I think sometimes the body just needs to rest afterwards.

i would definitely speak to your acupuncturist about this though and see what he/she says.

Tuesday, July 24th 2007, 9:54pm

thanks for the reply emilia

my next few appointments are for after work so hopefully it will be a bit easier but i doubt i will be able to do that every week as i work shifts and my accupuncturist only works in my area mondays and thursdays - ive also noticed that i feel quite tired after the treatment too so maybe its all related
6 ICSI's so far all BFN

Ellie's PG Diary

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 9:36am

Mine always used to tell me not to drive after an appointment so maybe that's to do with feeling light headed. I remembered last night that when I had my first ever appointment I felt like I'd been drugged - like a really high feeling with light headedness - maybe this is similar to your experience Ellie but I never got it after my first time. Perhaps your acupuncturist went deeper the second time. The good side to it is it shows your body responds v well to acupuncture so it should be quite effective for you.

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 3:57pm

forgot to ask girls......do you have to take your clothes off for acu?
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 4:52pm

It depends on your acupuncturist i think but to be on the safe side I'd go for a bra, vest and big knickers/shorts.

I usually take off my trousers because she does a lot of leg points and then she pulls my vest or t-shirt up when she needs to but I don't take it off.

It all depends on which points she's doing. For IVf you have points in your legs, upper and lower back, arms and tummy and one in your forehead. There is one tummy point which goes quite low but she would normally just pull my knickers down where the needle needed to go and then put them back up.

One word of warning though depending on how radical your acupuncturist is - mine would never do this point and most won't - anyway you could always say no but the most potent fertility point is in your perenium!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH! But I know a girl who had it done and conceived in her next cycle! I think it's only the full on Chinese herbal people who do it though as mine said it wasn't necessary as there were lots of other good strong fertility points in the tummy.

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 4:52pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Emilia44
It depends on your acupuncturist i think but to be on the safe side I'd go for a bra, vest and big knickers/shorts.

... and some clothes of course - not just the bra, vest and knickers!

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 11:48am

lmao lmao lmao
that would've given her a shock!!!!

well i went last night and the points she used were....

1 in top of head
3 in ear
1 in left wrist
1 in belly
6/7 in left leg from knee down to foot
3 in right leg form knee down to foot.

it was very strange. i dont usually relax very much but i nearly dozed off.
then it felt like my arms were getting big and then small and then big again in a popeye sort of way.
then it happened to my bottom lip so i kept poking my tongue out check it wasnt getting bigger.
then the points in my ear were pulsing really hard.
thats about everything except i was very tired after.

any thoughts on this as this is my first time i'm analysing it quite alot.

ali.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Reg: Oct 26th 2006

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 12:03pm

That sounds pretty much what I have. The first time I didn't really feel anything, but the second time was different and I had so much energy afterwards it was wonderful. The third time I just fell asleep and snored!!!

Me 37 DH 35
PCOS since 1991
TTC 4.5 years
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
FET Mar 07 - BFN
2nd IVF Aug 07 on the NHS! Yippeeeeee - EC 3rd September 19 eggs - 2 fertlised - :BFP: Its a girl !

Baby Iona born April 2008 - 5 weeks early - The light of my life

Huggies1

Reg: Jul 20th 2007

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 12:17pm

Accupunture in staffordshire

Our clinic as recommended Accupunture and to be honest i probably would ahve gone down this road anyway.

There is a lady who attends out clinic and we could use her, but the clinic is a hours drive away and she only does thursdays which means we would have to tie our appointments in with that.

Plus she charges £65 for consutlation and £40 each appointment after?! Is this expensive and how many do you think i would need. DH was also planning on having some?!

Does anyone know of anyone in staffordshire? As this could be easier for us.

Me 28 DH 38 TTC 19 Months
Started first cycle of ICSI 21st August

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:22pm

That sounds like the right points Ali and a pretty normal reaction. It can make you feel very strange but it's great it relaxed you - that's a good sign because i think the best thing acupuncture does in terms of FET and IVF is de-stress the mind. Doesn't sound like you had too much pain either? I find all those kidney points in the legs and the wrist point agony most sessions.

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:38pm

no it was fine. i really thought it'd hurt but the fleshy bit were ok. must say the ear was a bit weird. that was irritating more than ouch. i'm glad i've started now though.
she suggested i leave next week as i'm having a cycst removed from my head on 1st aug and baseline scan on 3rd aug. she said to go back on the 8th, again near to et which is scheduled for 20th and again after et.

do you think i should have 2 in the week of et, maybe one on the monday or tues and then again thurs or fri coz then i have et on the monday again and will have another then.

sorry i keep bombarding you with questions, i'm just a little nervous about it all.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:38pm

AArrggh Juts got a letter from my acupuncturist to say that he is handing his practice over at the start of August. I have spoken to the new woman and although she sound lovely, in fact nicer than him, she hasn't done treatment during IVF before.

What do people think? Shall I be the guinea pig????

Me 37 DH 35
PCOS since 1991
TTC 4.5 years
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
FET Mar 07 - BFN
2nd IVF Aug 07 on the NHS! Yippeeeeee - EC 3rd September 19 eggs - 2 fertlised - :BFP: Its a girl !

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:44pm

Well I followed the very strict ivf acupuncture protocol where you go twice a week in the three weeks of stimming etc, day before ET, day of ET within 2 hours of ET. You're having FEt aren't you hun so as long as you have day before Et and day of ET that should be fine. She would tell you if you needed more.

Maybebaby - if she hasn't been specifically trained in IVF acupuncture I would look for someone else. It's a very specific set of points and timings and you need proper training for that. Why not contact the British Acu Council and ask them for a referral to someone in your area who has had the training? Considering the cost on top of IVF I wouldn't risk it.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:45pm

Hi Emilia

So is there a specific IVF/Acu training course then?

Me 37 DH 35
PCOS since 1991
TTC 4.5 years
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
FET Mar 07 - BFN

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:53pm

There's a very specific protocol and you have to undergo training to learn it. My acupuncturist had only treated a few people between training and seeing me and still referred to notes so they don't need tons of experience but they need to follow the protocol rather than just doing the 'fertility points' so to speak.

Every session was slightly different depending on where I was in the treatment and the cycle. So while DRing she did set points to help combat the side effects of the drugs, detox my organs, relax me. During stimming it was mainly about getting my ovaries to produce lots of good quality eggs and promote bloodflow to the womb and get the lining ready. The later end of the treatment was about destressing - relaxing and helping the womb be ready for the babies and the final treatment after ET was about 'selaing the cervix', stopping mc and promoting continued bloodflow to the womb.

I am sure other elements were involved too but these are the ones i recall.

I think if you are going to spend the money it's important to see someone who has had the training hun. Feel free to PM me or post here if you want more advice.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 1:54pm

PS - I think the British Acupuncture Council run the course but don't quote me on that but if they do they would know who had the training in your area.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 4:36pm

Thanks Emilia
That is Soooo helpful. I've just been for a session and the new lady was there. Although her questioning was more thorough the needles hurst went she put them in and 2 actually fell out. I'll definately find someone else.

Just when I was feeling ready for the next cycle, for some reason its made me feel all unsettled and upset.

Me 37 DH 35
PCOS since 1991
TTC 4.5 years
1st IVF Sept 06 - BFN
FET Mar 07 - BFN

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 5:41pm

Oh hun, yes find someone else - they shouldn't fall out. Sometimes they do hurt but if they hurt and some fell out I'm guessing they weren't in the right places. Call the British Acupuncture Council and they will definitely help you find someone good. Let me know how you get on and I hope you are feeling better. You don't need any extra stress right now.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 7:42pm

me and my dh have just starting having acupuncture at the nuffield in newcastle under lyme

we paid £55 for the initial consultation and now each treatment is £33

clinic is in the yellow pages hun if thats any help or you can pm me and i can let you have his name and phone number
6 ICSI's so far all BFN

Ellie's PG Diary

Huggies1

Friday, July 27th 2007, 10:27am

Cheers for that, another girl mentioned him and gave me his number but said you have to go twice a week (and we couldnt afford that) is that right?

Really interested if not? Is he any good, and would you recommend him?

Cheers Lisa x

Friday, July 27th 2007, 11:30am

well we are going twice a week but im not sure if you have to or not and so far he seems really good - my dh is now actually going without moaning lol

why dont you give him a call and speak to him and just see what you think

(in our case as we have male factor infertility he did recommend that both of us have treatment - not sure if that applies to you)
6 ICSI's so far all BFN

Ellie's PG Diary

Huggies1

Friday, July 27th 2007, 12:09pm

we have male factor the same as you, so he may recommend both of us go.

Cheers i will give him a call

Lisa x

Billie

Megastar

Friday, August 10th 2007, 10:54am

are these ivf acu points???

hi Emilia,

sorry again for hounding you (you should charge for your advice) but i went to acu again on tuesday night and i just wanted to ask if the points she used were what you would expect for ivf protocol

1 in forehead
2 in left ear
1 in hand between thumb and 1st finger
3 in belly about an inch from my button
1 in each leg just above the knee
1 in each calf
and 3 in each foot

then after she removed those she did 3 in my back close to my spine in the middle.

i didnt get the weirs sensations i got last time but i did feel relaxed again to feel like dozing and i did enjoy it except when i tried to move my foot and the needle in my leg stabbed me. lmao
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Friday, August 10th 2007, 1:50pm

No worries Ali! Any time.

These sound pretty much like the ones I had, the only difference being she didn't ever use the 'great eliminator' (the one between your thumb and forefinger) but she may be using it to get any side effects of the HRT drugs out of your system as it is the quickest detox point. During stimming mine used a point on the wrist which is similar but gentler.

The tummy ones are all about fertility and so are some of the leg/calf ones - the kidney points - I think the back ones near your spine are fertility and womb lining. The forehead is to relax you. Ears points are fertility. I even had these funny stud things that she put on my ears that I had to stimulate during ET!!!!!

When she did the points in my back - either 3 or 4 i think - and the points in the backs of my legs, she used electro acupuncture so they were all wired together and a current sent through. I had to stay like that for about 20 mins but this was during stimming I think.

As you are having FET there are bound to be subtle differences. many of the points or even the whole electro bit may have been about growing the eggs. My guess would be for FET they would get you as detoxed as poss, deal with side affects of hrt and then focus on womb lining and then closing the cervix and maintaining a pregnancy.

So it sounds to me (I'm no expert though!) like she is doing all the right points for you.

Please let me know how it goes and if you are worried about anything PM me or post here honey. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want this fet to work for you.

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 5:24pm

Hi Alicat

I had my 2nd session today,

1 needle in each little Toe ( OUCH !!!)
just below big toe
each ankle

2 in each calf, but the muscley bit ..

1 under each boob and 3 in pubic ovary line.

Then I had what emilia said the electrodes, to vibrate the needles, slightly weird sensation.

I truly believe this supports, helps with my womb lining .

I hope we get some great results from our FET... xxx

Im having 5/6 sessions before ET, not sure if you should go post ET ?

Any thoughts Ali or Emilia ?

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

Reg: Aug 3rd 2006

Sunday, August 12th 2007, 6:43pm

Hi Alliecat

Good luck with the A/c it sounds like the same points that were used on me .
Finally
Beautiful Son Charlie William Born 15/01/08 weighing 9lbs 3oz :innocent:

Monday, August 13th 2007, 9:52am

Hi Jules,

I had one treatment after ET on the actual day - it was within an hour of ET and that is part of the normal IVF protocol. After that they usually leave you alone but I had one more in the second week of the 2ww because I was feeling very negative. I think it was day 10 or 11 post EC and she just did a few points to make me calm and positive and close the cervix again. It really did the trick and got rid of my negativity and stress. My pg symptoms started within about 24 hours of the treatment and I tested 15 days after EC and got my bfp.

Acupuncture is excellent for womb lining - they said mine was perfect and I'm sure it was the acu. Good luck girls - I really hope it works out for you.

xxx

Friday, August 17th 2007, 12:23pm

Check in with the British Acupuncture Council - they can give you a list of therapists in your area and you can check they have the relevant experience and training to work with you through your ICSI. Most will be trained in general fertility but there is a specific protocol for IVF/ICSI that needs to be followed to get the best results. The BAC can tell you who in your area is trained.

Prices vary a lot - I paid £30 per treatment (I think that's quite cheap - most about £35-45) and saw my therapist twice a week for the 3 weeks of downregging and stimming, day before ET and day of ET so there were 8 treatments in the protocol.

Friday, August 17th 2007, 12:25pm

PS - DH went too though only a few times before his sample was collected on day of EC and the difference in his results between previous sample and the one on the day were huge. It can really help male factor but DH will have to be brave - maybe don't tell him but they have to put very long needles through the holes in the pelvis - they go very deep and it is very painful. My DH loves to go on about it because it's his contribution to the suffering involved in ivf!!!!

Friday, August 17th 2007, 12:29pm

Yes mine did and he didn't have a huge amount of treatments but the difference in his SA was huge before treatment and after. It was back in January and I don't have all the details to hand but I did post them in male factor thread at the time so do look it up. It can really help improve semen.

I actually just replied to Huggies post about what the acupuncturist did to my DH - yours might like to look away before you read and if you tell him he may wimp out! I'd keep it quiet!

Billie

Megastar

Friday, August 17th 2007, 2:17pm

i'm having one before et and again after et. then i'm having one around 7 days after. something zita west advised.

i have et on wednesday!!!!!!!!
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Friday, August 17th 2007, 3:02pm

Firstly, how exciting Ali - Wednesday is so soon! I can't believe it's come round so quickly! Wishing you so much luck and positivity for Wednesday honey.

I think that third treatment around day 7 is a great idea. I had one around day 10/11 post ec so about day 5/6 post et and it really calmed me right down. It's a lot less invasive because they can only do very few points once the embies are in there but it really helped me so much. By day 7 you are going a bit crazy and need something to sort you out!

How are you feeling about it all Ali? Is the acupuncture keeping you calm and centred?

Billie

Megastar

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 7:55pm

i think so emilia,
my lady is concentrating alot on the calming points coz i told her i have a tendancy to fly off the handle at dh for no reason.

i'm booked in for et @ 11.00am wednesday and am having acu @ 8.45am, then drive to clinic for appt and another acu on the way home so its worked out well.

just keeping my fingers crossed my snowbabies survive the thaw!!

thanks for the well wishes. hope to be in your shoes VERY soon.

hope the pg is going swimmingly hun.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Billie

Megastar

Tuesday, September 4th 2007, 11:40am

just wondering when to start acu again.
i didnt have it on my fresh cycle but did on the FET.

i want to be having it this time as the eggs are growing so i can help them along. does anyone know when is the best time to start?

thanks, ali.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE