You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sunshine" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, December 9th 2006, 6:58am

mixed emotions

well, we've always said that we want a sibling for DS, but quite frankly given that we are not going to try treatment again our best chance will probably be adoption.

so, we've had you know what three times in the last year (yeah I know, but PND sort of kills your drive) and the last two were two weeks ago around ov time.

we didnt take precautions because we couldnt see the need for it.

but... my period has been regular for the last 4-5 months literally every saturday every 4 weeks. except today. so i took a clear blue test (digital) and surprise surprise it said "not pregnant". part of me was relieved because the thought of another baby really scares me (sorry if that offends anyone but PND is a scary thing) and Peter still isnt out of the woods with his eczema and allergies, but the other part of me was desparately sad that I'm not pregnant.

weird.... not quite sure how I should be feeling

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, December 9th 2006, 7:42am

I would test again in a few days if it still hasn't arrived.

Also it is perfectly normal to feel that way Sun, when you have had tx and been through so much to become pg naturally would be wonderful.

xxx

Saturday, December 9th 2006, 11:16am

yeah - that's what DH said (& that I was silly for testing so early and wasting a test!)

ho hum

AF probably will come tonight now & wake me up & just when DS will decide to sleep through

you know what?! the mood I'm in at the mo - I'm sure AF will arrive now I think about it! hahaha :rolleyes:

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Saturday, December 9th 2006, 1:38pm

RE: mixed emotions

Sun, it is still Saturday, so that is an early test! I suppose you must know your own body and think it's worth testing even today. Tell us what happens over the next few days, and test again if AF hasn't showed up, but try to leave it till, say, Monday. If you can see the good (and the bad) with either result, that's great.

Thinking of you. It's a funny old time, isn't it.
Lx
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Saturday, December 9th 2006, 6:20pm

Don't think there is a 'should' with feelings Sunshine - no matter how much our head may tell us this may be for the best our hearts still say something completely different. We aren't using precautions either, I'm not even recording my cycle so if a miracle does happen I'm going to be blissfully unaware! At the moment I just can't face testing again - brings back all those horrible BFN feelings and I used to get completely obssessed with them

Reg: Jun 22nd 2006

Friday, December 15th 2006, 10:01am

sunshine, it's early days, your little boy is still under 1 year old! I know just what you're going through, about 5 months after my little girl was born a sort of desperation for another baby hit and we are ambivalent as well as to go for IVF again. But now I'm sort of chilled about the whole thing. I know I do want a sibling for dd, and I would love to get pregnant again. But in the here and now, I am not stressed. I am actually really enjoying dd right now, she's recently turned one, started walking and is becoming more responsive and aware and for someone who tried for 4 years for a baby I look at her in amazement every day. I know feelings you just cannot switch on and off, but I think it really helps to look at the positive things you've got, your ds and let the future worry about itself, be that another natural pregnancy, IVF or adoption. You've been through a difficult time, PND is an illness, be kind to yourself. :)

Saturday, December 16th 2006, 11:45pm

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck yes I know that is going to be censored out but i need to write f.u.c.k. out in letters

8o

BFP this morning - on the bog with a horrendous hangover cos we had a large pre-Christmas party at our place and feeling way more nauseous than I would for half a bottle of wine (or some :rolleyes: :P )

DH & DS asleep on the bed

you're the first ones I'm telling !!!!

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

now I am really confused cos this is fanfuckingtastic news and I'm overjoyed but I am feeling incredibly physically sick AND my work contract finishes in June next year - getting a job whilst 7 months pregnant is going to be a bit hard to sell 8o

oh lordy

but we only had sex twice! and it has taken us 6 years to get DS!

wtf is going on?!

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, December 16th 2006, 11:53pm

Oh congratulations sun, wow
Jo

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, December 16th 2006, 11:54pm

go wake dh up and tell him

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 1:18am

he is :D

speaking of which - why on earth are YOU awake?

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 6:55am

:D WOW congratulations Sunshine that is fantastic news - I remember when I 1st came on here which will be 2 yrs in Jan & I followed your horrendous TTC journey - WOW well done although I am sure it is a little bit of a shock!!!

Fantastic news

Dolly
xx
x

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 7:39am

Sunshine,

Congratulations. Hope the shock dies down soon so you can enjoy such a wonderful miracle!

Minnie xxx

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 8:20am

You are bound to have mixed emotions on this, but in the meantime whilst it sinks in I will celebrate for you!!! Really I am so chuffed for you!! :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 8:29am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like there was a little miracle floating around which decided to land on you!!

What did DH say???!!!! How are you feeling??! Wake up! Tell us!!!

Ring me woman!!

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Saz

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 9:02am

WOW!!!!!!!!! Sun, that is fantastic news!!! So so pleased for you!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxx

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 9:15am

Congratulations hunni!!!! ... what did DH say? I'm sure in time the mixed emotions and shock will go ... I'm so chuffed for you!! Well done! smile2

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

mariej

Reg: Oct 9th 2006

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 9:23am

OMG what a surprise!!!

That is fan-bloomin-tastic news!

happydance happydance happydance

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 9:39am

OMG wonderful fabulous news Sun congratualtions xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 10:55am

Flippin Nora Sunshine!!!!!! 8o 8o 8o ...... :D

Shock? I nearly spat my coffee out!

I can't offer any constructive advice on how to deal with the emotions, we know you have a lot on your plate at the moment and it's all very complex for you but you know we're always here for you and we do understand the highs and lows you've been through in these past few years.

Congratulations....what a merry christmas you'll be having with your head down the bog :D ;) blowkiss

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 11:13am

snigger - thanks Bells for that :rolleyes:

actually DH had the same kind of mixed emotions as well but DS was being such a poppet today, we were like "well, heck, it happened way quicker than we could possibly have thought, and yes maybe we're not ready yet (!) but this is a wonderful gift" and we are now looking at DS with big grins imaging him with a sibling :D

Reg: Oct 6th 2005

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 11:52am

Sunshine that really is fantastic news. You must be in total shock though for it to have happened so quickly naturally.

Only having sex twice - my god DH must have super sperm!

Michelle x
Me 33, DP 32
TTC for 3 years.
HSG showed 2 blocked tubes.
Lap and dye August 05 unblocked both tubes. :D Hurrah!!!! :D
Natural BFP 05/06/06

My beautiful baby girl was born 2 weeks early on 3rd February 2007

After many up's and down's we're back and ttc naturally in 2013!

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 12:11pm

actually he does - if it wasnt for the CSA & all the uncertainties on anonymity we both discussed whether or not he would be a donor - his results when we were going for ICSI were (in the words of the consultant) "shockingly outstanding" :D also as well, when we didnt have our own child at the time it would be hard knowing there could be his kid out there somewhere.

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 2:23pm

Sun 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

but also :D :D :D :D :D :D

another :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

Congratulations and thanks for telling us first! 8)
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Sunday, December 17th 2006, 7:05pm

happydance clap

Reg: Jun 22nd 2006

Wednesday, December 20th 2006, 9:22am

Sunshine, how wonderful! How :O am I now having written about not worrying about the bfn!!! You give us all hope honey. What a fantastic Christmas present, hey? How jealous am I on my dh's behalf about your dh's fabulous sperm, lol!!!

Thursday, December 21st 2006, 5:06pm

Oh Just caught up with this - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! - what fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you. Don't worry about all the technical stuff like jobs etc, in my experience that always ends up sorting itself out so why waste the energy on worrying about it.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE