You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kat99

• "kat99" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2019

Sunday, May 12th 2019, 9:58am

Just got my review letter

Hi,
I've been reading fertility forums for years and this is my first time ever posting anything - feels weird! I first went to my GP about this 18 months ago and I've just got my letter to book a review appointment with rfc to find out about treatment. It's been such a long process but for the first time I feel positive and like things are actually happening! I'm hoping to get put on the list for IVF but I'm also wondering if they will try to offer me clomid. I have some symptoms of PCOS (high androgens, high prolactin, facial hair, very light periods) but blood tests and scan showed that I am ovulating. I'm wondering if they might still want to try clomid in this case? I'm not really keen on the idea for a few reasons and feel like it would be a waste of time when I've already been waiting for so long. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Or is anyone else at a similar stage?

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Thursday, May 16th 2019, 1:43pm

Hey, it really is such a long process. I dont know much about your situation specifically but the first thing they will do is send your partner for a semen analysis test. The results of that may determine what they do next. With me, my hubby's sample showed that he had a blockage and no sperm were getting through so we went straight to ICSI. If there's no issues with his SA then they may go to clomid, IUI or something like that. I have PCOS but do ovulate but very irregularly and they did say that of that was the only issue they would have tried tablets or something but we couldn't because of hubby's issue.
Good luck x
ICSI #1 - 05/18
4 eggs - 2 x day 3 embryos - :BFN:
ICSI #2 - 10/18
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN:
ICSI #3 - 05/19
16 eggs - 1 blast - ??

kat99

• "kat99" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2019

Yesterday, 1:06pm

Thanks for replying! My partner already had an SA which was ok and I had a HSG scan which ilI find out the results of at this appointment. If there's a problem with my tubes it'll be straight to IVF but otherwise i think they might try clomid. I've read that it's possible to be ovulating but the egg just isn't strong enough. I suppose it's best to try the least invasive method first but the thought of it not working and having to wait another 6 months just to get an appointment never mind the IVF waiting list just fills me with dread. I'm 32 which I know isn't that old but I'm starting to really feel time ticking!

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Yesterday, 8:23pm

Kat99, even if you have had tests done in the past and your husband already has a SA sample done it doesn’t matter, the RFC make you repeat these tests. If this is the first apt at grove well being that will repeat those tests and then at your 2nd apt at grove you’ll be signed on to the list or whatever treatment they suggest. First apt you are literally in and out in 10 minutes.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE