You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Saturday, April 13th 2019, 5:21pm

Anyone starting now or started recently? April 2019

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here, not sure if theres anyone still about who may remember me (hopefully you've all got your bfps and are no longer on this forum!) I took a break from all things IVF related for a few months after my last failed cycle.
A little about myself - I'm 33 as is my hubby. Hubby has zero sperm in ejaculate (a blockage of some sort) so has to have a biopsy to retrieve it. We had our NHS go in April/May 2018, got 4 eggs, transferred 2 on day 3 with no success and no frozen. Private cycle in Sept/Oct 2018, 5 eggs, 2 transferred on day 5, again with no success and no frozen. The only up side was that they were able to freeze some of hubby's sperm so no biopsy for him this time.
We had our PTC yesterday, which was my day 22 so I was convinced I was in for a month long wait before getting started but we were actually allowed to start straight away so started on sprays yesterday, then injections (bemfola 300) on 26th April and planned egg collection on 9th May (though I've never had egg collection on the planned day so I'm not holding my breath).
Despite my AMH levels looking good on paper, I seem to be a very slow responder (hence only 4/5 eggs). Starting on a higher dose this time so fingers crossed for a better number! Third times a charm as they say!
Is there anyone else just started or starting soon? Would be nice to have some buddies to chat to though the process, even though at this stage I'm an old hand at it all! Lol.
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
4 eggs - 2 x day3 embryos - :BFN: ;(
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN: ;(

Carlie29

Reg: Nov 9th 2017

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 4:49pm

I janelle, I remember you from last year. I had a failed fresh cycle around the same time .Had my frozen a month ago which didn't stick long. I'm hoping to get started on a private fet in the next couple of months but haven't had my review in the royal yet. Just wondering are you going private this time and if so who with? I'm hoping for more explanations this time as to why it didn't work but I'm maybe going to stick with the royal for my private cycle.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 6:02pm

Hi Carlie, I remember you from last time too. I'm so sorry to hear that your FET wasn't successful. It's a really tough journey and the failed cycles are so hard to recover from.
I'm sticking with the RFC, I've found everyone there so friendly and helpful that I dont really want to change. This will be my 2nd private cycle with them after my NHS cycle, so third in total. All of them have been full cycles as we've never been lucky enough to have anything to freeze.
I looked into GCRM but thought it was very expensive in comparison. For example, my hubby needed a biopsy to retrieve sperm which cost around £500 with RFC and almost £1500 with GCRM. The royal is much handier for me to get to as well, especially for the early morning scans.
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
4 eggs - 2 x day3 embryos - :BFN: ;(
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN: ;(

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE