You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SHL

• "SHL" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2018

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 3:03pm

7 week scan question

Hi ladies!!
I am new to this site, been spending last few weeks reading through all your journeys so far and what an inspiration you have all been!!
I started my first icis treatment on 28th October and had my egg collection on 28th November which only resulted in collecting 5 eggs as the doctor could not reach my other ovary and could not get it turned (which was my good side with loads of little eggs).
3 out of my 5 eggs fertilised and on 1st December (day 3) we transferred 2 embryos, i phoned on the Monday to see if my 3rd embryo made it to the freeze but unfortunately it was not meant to be.
So after a what felt like a life time 2ww I tested on Saturday 14th December (14dpt) and got a BFP!! : D I am in still in shock, i have never seen the 2 lines in my life!! I even went to doctor first thing Monday morning just to double check there wasn't anything wrong with my tests (hospital one step and clearblue) which he confirmed that yes I am definitely pregnant!! I am now waiting on an appointment for the 7 week scan and was just wondering what to expect with this scan? is it internal ultrasound? and am i right in thinking that on day of test you are 4 weeks pregnant? sorry for all the questions, i just have no idea. xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 6:21pm

Congratulations, now the wait for your scan starts and it can feel just as long as the 2ww.

The scan is internal and they will check that everything is okay with your pregnancy and how many babies you are carrying. They will also check that the pregnancy is in the right place and will give you a due date.

If you go to the BFP section there is a useful link in the BFP announcement area that tells you how to calculate how far along you are.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

SHL

• "SHL" started this thread

Reg: Dec 18th 2018

Wednesday, December 19th 2018, 10:02am

Thanks Curytails!!

It does seem like a life time away to scan but will just keep positive and pray that all is ok :heart:

I will check out the BFP area, thanks for your reply xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE