You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Annie.M

• "Annie.M" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2018

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 2:44am

RFC - IVF

Hi Everyone, does anyone how long does it takes to reach IVF stage at RFC Belfast from the very first appointment at the clinic? The husband is fine so all on my shoulders.

Amro

Reg: Mar 4th 2018

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 7:53am

Hi Annie.M,
I had my first app at the RFC in the first week of Dec'17. Second app was on the 6th of Feb where we were put on the IVF list. Top of the list letter arrived on the 20th of Sept and now waiting on bloods app (24th of Oct) and pre treatment consultation (7th of Nov).
Though timeline may vary if you need any additional tests. For us it was pretty straight forward. Also, seems our wait for reaching the top of the list was quite quick. From reading older comments I was expecting to get the letter only Nov/Dec time.

Annie.M

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 9:57am

Hi Amro, thanks for that. I've been going since November 2016 and all I've got is Clomid, that didn't work, and only starting menopur ovulation injections now. My appointment were repeatedly cancelled for months by RFC!! It'll be three years in total before I'm near IVF which I feel is a joke, but don't know if everyone else is in the same situation. :-( :-(

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 12:21pm

I’m ICSI but my dates were first apt August 31st, 2nd apt Dec 7th. Top of the list letter was Sept 8th, bloods apt Sept 15th and PTC 29th. But I know the ICSI list is longer than IVF one.
When you get your first apt you can then book your 2nd apt to sign on the list quicker if you pay for a private apt, I wish I’d done that as it would have saved prob around 4/6 weeks.

Annie.M

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 12:36pm

Thanks Joe31. Did you have to do Clomid etc before getting to that point? I feel like I'm just stuck on a conveyor belt instead of a tailored treatment plan for my scenario.

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 12:57pm

No, Husband and myself went to gp in January 2017 after the year of trying, we both had the usual tests in our local hospital in craigavon, that took us a few months as they repeated my husbands a few times, then we were referred to RFC, that took us to our first apt on August 31st 2017.

Amro

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 5:14pm

Annie.M, sorry to hear about your struggles...if you don't mind me asking, is there confirmed diagnosis regarding the issues to concieve? In my scenario the fertility issue is pretty clear: 1 tube lost to ectopic, followed by another 2 ectopics, the remaining tube is f... up so the only way forward is via IVF...though funnily one of the risks are listed as a possibility of an ectopic...

Annie.M

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 5:23pm

I've PCOS & only one ovary after the other was removed from having a lump on it that grew too big after my GP didn't listen or act when she should have. Surgon said the ovary would only be removed if the other was in good condition, then a handful of months after it was removed I was diagnosed with PCOS so essentially left with something that actually didn't work!! I feel like I'm getting nowhere. 2 years from visiting the Grove and only a failed batch of Clomid to show for it!!

Amro

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 8:44pm

Oh, I hope they get you moving soon Annie and 2019 will be good to you xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE