You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 20th 2017

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 1:55pm

Hi ladies

I think we were all in around the same time for our last cycles- April/May.

are you all now doing private treatments? are you with the royal or gcrm?

we are deciding which to go with next and we are leaning towards gcrm. have you any experiences of private treatments at either clinic?

wishing you all loads of luck xx

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 9:20pm

Hey marie1983 ive had private with gcrm and my nhs at rfc and i personaly like gcrm better as i think the keep abetter eye on us and are better at keeping us informed on whats going on.on my nhs cycle the never mesured the eggs on scan and dident mesure my lining it felt like it was all down to chance but i surpose they know what their doing ive been told that a private cycle with them is no diffrent.

Anniemc

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 10:29pm

I had 2 private with origin which is now closed .... but this was private and it felt like a conveyor belt ... I then had my nhs treatment at rfc and had a better experience on nhs which surprised me as it wasn’t general consensus on here but my comparator was origin. If nhs fet doesn’t work I will consider gcrm but my nhs consultant recommended I consider care clinic in Nottingham as they do more extensive tests on embryos which may be my issue.

My experience and research seems to be that most clinics are same they offer pretty much similar protocol to every patient but don’t look or want to look at any underlying issues ... just my thoughts x I appreciate I went off tangent there lol

Reg: May 18th 2015

Friday, September 28th 2018, 9:57am

janelle thank you so much i didnt know that i could do that, i will def ring them and see if letters are sent.. great bit of advice :)

girls i had my first cycle with gcrm and i couldnt fault them, i got my positive on first cycle but sadly miscarried:( i had a frozen tranfser but the embryo i transfered wasnt great quality and it didnt stick, i have my review appt with them on monday just to see what they say and what they want to do next.

i have my nhs go here coming up anyway so def going with that . ive heard great stories about the royal and heard bad stories too, think its gonna be the same with everywhere isnt it, just depending on each persons personal experience.

ok so misty i thought i couldnt start meds etc until i had my 2 appts, the PCT or something like that and the blood one? did u ask to get started before blood test? sorry for so many questions lol, im just dying to get going xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

• "Misty2017" started this thread

Reg: Jan 24th 2017

Friday, September 28th 2018, 2:46pm

hey ladies

janelle good luck with injections tomorrow :)

hi marie1983 my cycle is private, i'm from Manchester so don't know about your clinics sorry, good luck with deciding.

sparkle10 my fertility treatment is in Manchester, as i've already had a cycle last year and all my blood tests are within a year my clinic doesn't need me to repeat them, quite lucky really it saved me a fortune!!!!

Fertility treatment is so expensive, how many NHS cycles are funded in Northern Ireland ?

18 days to go :)

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Friday, September 28th 2018, 11:52pm

Hey misty, in Northern Ireland you get one ivf/icsi cycle and then one FET if you had any left over. A cycle counts when you take the medication and if you don’t get any eggs the day of collection that counts as a full cycle.

Ash1984

Reg: Sep 5th 2017

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 2:18pm

Hi guys

Ash1984

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 4:36pm

My post didn’t go up for some reason. Basically we have our first appointment for bloods etc tomorrow I’m so nervous

Jo31

Ace

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 5:19pm

Don’t be nervous!!! It’s all starting for you now!!! Exciting times ahead

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 5:59pm

Good luck for tomorrow, Ash. Try not to be nervous, the bloods app is just blood test really, nothing too much to worry about but I know I'm always a bit nervous before appointments xxx
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
4 eggs - 2 x day3 embryos - :BFN: ;(
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN: ;(

Ash1984

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 8:22pm

Thanks it is exciting just need to get tomorrow over and done with

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 9:07pm

Hi Ash1984 Good luck for tomorrow hun :)

Cherry3

Reg: Aug 11th 2018

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 11:32pm

Good luck tomorrow Ash!! We have ours on Tuesday! When is your PCT?

Reg: Oct 17th 2017

Monday, October 1st 2018, 7:14pm

Hi girls, got my schedule in the post over the weekend. Start norethisterone on the 13th Oct and begin menopur on the 27th!!! Just really want to get started now

Monday, October 1st 2018, 8:53pm

lola im sure you cant wait to get started!!! good luck,

i got my letter of offer today girls.... im so excited.
wonder do i need the blood tests if i have had them done recently with my private cycle?

do you girls know how long it takes from when you accept to getting pct appt? or its mayb all different just depending on their availability.
im dying to ring and accept tomorrow but on the letter it says only to ring on a wednesday or a thursday.
xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Amro

Reg: Mar 4th 2018

Monday, October 1st 2018, 9:08pm

Hi Sparkle10,
I've accepted my offer on the 20th of Sept, the bloods appt will be on 24th of Oct ant PCT appt is scheduled for 7th of Nov.

Question for all- parking at the Royal? How bad is it? Never been even close to there and 1st appt will be at 11am and the 2nd at 9.20am. Also is everything easy to find? Panicking that I won't find the right place or get stuck lol

Monday, October 1st 2018, 9:18pm

Sparkle, I got my letter on the 10th August. Blood appt was the 7th sept and PTc was the 21st.
Amro, I found parking at the royal handy... got spaces both times no bother. Really easy to find, rfc clinic is in the middle of the main door and the maternity clinic

Jo31

Ace

Monday, October 1st 2018, 10:11pm

Hey sparkle, I got my letter sept 8th, accepted sept 12th, bloods on Oct 15th and PTC Oct 29th. Parking is fine at the royal, just leave plenty of time to get there and relax.

Reg: Mar 20th 2017

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018, 9:09am

Hi ladies

We have decided to proceed with GCRM and i am wondering of anyone knows what their timescales are?

we have a consent appointment for my husbands SSR next week the we will have to wait for the procedure- does any one know how long generally after the consent appointment this would happen?

then do we need another consent appointment for actual ICSI treatment??

it feels this is a really drawn out process and we just want to get started again.

Ash1984

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018, 11:23am

Hi guys, all went good thank god bmi 30

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018, 7:38pm

amro, lola and jo thank you.. seems so be about a month, im thinking i will just miss my day 21 if thats the case. thats so annoying the way it falls..wonder could they squeeze me in lol so i can get started. if i wait for next day 21 then im pretty sure ill be injecting over christmas and transfer early in the new year!!

marie my last cycle was with gcrm. im pretty sure once you have consent and bloods and get ur meds you are good to go when you reach day 21.. depending on your protocol. there isnt any waiting about , just depends on your cycle.
xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 12:59pm

Hello everyone,
I kept meaning to log on but ever got round to it. Hope everyone is doing ok. I recognise some people from my last fresh cycle. Let's hope we all get good news for Christmas.

I had my planning appointment and endometrial scratch yesterday. I start sniffs on 9th Oct, scan on 30th Oct, start injections on 1st Nov, scan on 9th Nov and egg collection wc 12th November. Nice to know when things will be but dreading the rollercoaster ride! The scratch wasn't as bad as I was imagining and think it was less painful than my last egg transfer. I also had an AMH blood test which hasn't been mentioned before. They may change my injections depending on the result. Not sure why they've not tested before.

Xx

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 3:16pm

Hey ladies :)

lola- how exciting eekk, not long now till we start yours 13th and mine 16th. Time is going so slow : D i just want to get started!!!

pup18- glad the scratch went well, it's strange they haven't checked your AMH before, in manchester its one of the first tests they do. good luck on starting soon.

sparkle- i know how you feel, i just missed my day 21 by 2 days :-( so had to wait ages ( so it seemed). for my next day 21. I hope they can fit you in.

Ash- Glad your appointment went well.

Hope everyone else is okay xx

13 days to go : D i feel like a kid waiting for xmas, i'm just so excited to get started.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Misty2017" (Oct 3rd 2018, 3:18pm)

Ash1984

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 5:36pm

Thanks misty2017 it’s so exciting can’t wait til the 15th now and then it’s all systems go

Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 8:42pm

Misty2017 it's a bit odd that this blood test wasn't done before my first cycle but the consultant made it sound like it a new thing they're trying with a view to maybe changing my drugs. I had the day 1-3 and day 21 blood tests a few times in the beginning and they came back ok.

Cherry3 I had endometriosis removed last year but didn't know anything about avoiding certain foods, is there a specific diet you follow? Xx

Saturday, October 6th 2018, 1:13pm

Hope everyone is doing ok
My AMH result came back low so they've increased my injection dosages. Not the result I was hoping for but good old Google said it doesn't affect ability to get pregnant so we'll see. Last cycle they said I had so many eggs on each ovaries in my scans so not sure what to believe. 3 day x until sniffing commences!

Saturday, October 6th 2018, 6:30pm

hi everyone, pup i think i remember you from my first round :) yea i thought they would have tested amh straight away.. whats your story so far with previous cycles? x

awww girls im so jealous of you getting to start!! i rang and accepted my offer so just waitin now on my letter to tell me dates for ptc and bloods... always waiting!!

ill look forward to hearing all about your cycles and get excited for mine x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Saturday, October 6th 2018, 9:02pm

Hi Sparkle10, I had my first fresh round in March, had 1 frozen which I had transferred in August. Starting down regulation on Tuesday for my last nhs cycle. (I'm in England). How many tries have you had ? X

Monday, October 8th 2018, 7:41pm

hi pup, yes i had a fresh cycle around march time, got my positive but i sadly miscarried.
then i had an fet in sept there but it didnt work. so no frosties left, going to rfc for our nhs cycle.

girls i rang to accept my offer last week on wednesday, i got my letter today. bloods on 1st nov and PCT on 15th nov. i will miss my day 21 and have to wait until next cycle, does anyone know if they carry on as normal over christmas? it seems thats when ill be injecting etc x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Sunday, October 14th 2018, 10:28pm

hey ladies hope your all well

Ash1984- eekk how exciting for tomorrow, good luck hun.

pup18- hows the sniffing going ? as for the AMH ive seen people with low get good amount of eggs and vice versa

sparkle10- sorry you missed your day 21 hun, good luck for your future cycle.

downregging starts on tuesday, really excited to get started, fingers crossed for us all xx

Ash1984

Monday, October 15th 2018, 4:51pm

Hey girlies, just back from ptc oh my goodness a lot to take in!!! Starting this Saturday with northistorone for 7 days then a 7 day break then on to menopur for 3 morning and night and then cetrotide and menopur for another week couple of scans in between and that should be me good to go so long as I respond well. Dreading the jabs as my DH will be at work for my first one

Monday, October 15th 2018, 6:34pm

Hi Ash, your protocol is pretty similar to mine. I started norethisterone on Saturday past and taking it for a week and 7 day break, menopur for a few days etc my hubby has a needle phobia so chances are il be doing them on my own

Ash1984

Monday, October 15th 2018, 6:46pm

Lolawishes I was expecting to have stuff that you sniff...pretty happy I don’t. Ref the injections I will probably sit for half an hour trying to do it before i actually do lol. Is this your first attempt? X

Monday, October 15th 2018, 8:07pm

Me too, was actually dreading the stuff u sniff more than the injections lol so I’m glad I don’t have it. Yep this is my 1st attempt. Do my 1st injection on the 27th October. Il let u know how it goes but I can imagine it will take a while to build up the courage to stick it lol

Ash1984

Monday, October 15th 2018, 8:20pm

My first injection is 9th November so a while yet. I’m sure it’s not as bad as we think.

Joy2018

Reg: Feb 24th 2018

Monday, October 15th 2018, 10:18pm

Injections are grand. I actually found it easier to do them myself. I wouldn’t have been too keen before but just adopted the thought process that it was a necessary task that had to be done. Go on YouTube and find the pharmaceutical companies’ videos for your injection medications. Check each company on the outside of each mefication’s box. I did my first one accompanied by the nice YouTube lady!! Good luck

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 1:08pm

hey ladies hope your all okay

the day has arrived :) first injection done and dusted, was quite easy also had scratch this morning, strange sensation and mild cramping but not to bad. I also have a small cyst on ovary so scan booked for the 30th to see if its gone.

hope your all having a good day x

Cherry3

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 9:48pm

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing? Had our PTC today. Starting nasal sprays this Friday! Collection/transfer third week in November and test then after first week in December if everything goes well! Either is gonna be the best xmass ever or the shittiest one yet haha

Misty hope your cyst goes away quickly! Are you on injections for the whole treatment?

I naively thought the process was a bit quicker than this. I'll be on the sprays for a whole month!

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 4:54pm

hey ladies hope all are well

cherry- yeah i have 14 days of downregging injections, then 10-12 days of stimms and lower dose of buserelin injections, so many needles :rollseyes:
good luck starting your nasal spray tomorrow x

Cherry3

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 9:48pm

Wow misty! The things one has to do, right?

Are you injecting them yourself? I must say I was completely set on my partner doing the injections for me when time comes but after going through the demo with the nurse I feel like they won't be as bad as dreaded and it'll be better to do them myself? Like being in control of the action and pain will be better? Don't know if that makes any sense : D

When is your egg collection scheduled for?

Friday, October 19th 2018, 2:49pm

yeah i'm injecting myself my OH doesn't like needles : D i suppose its a good job i don't mind them, i haven't got a date for egg collection my clinic just gave me the 30th oct for blood test to see if ovaries have shut down, if all is well with that then will start stimming and will get the next lot of dates for scans etc...
how did your nasal spray go ? x

Cherry3

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 8:38pm

Sprays are going well- it doesn't taste as bad as I thought it would! The one this morning had me sneezing like crazy so I panicked the medicine got blown back out before body had a chane to absorb it :thumbdown: but there's nothing I can do about it haha
So far no side effects tho. Feel just normal.
Are you having any side effects from the injections yourself? xx

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 8:59pm

glad the sprays are going well :thumbsup:
i don't have any side effect either thank god, day 6 tomorrow. This may sound strange but i worry when i don't have side effects in case its not working : D . This IVF lark doesn't half send people crazy haha
do you have date for egg collection etc ..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Misty2017" (Oct 20th 2018, 9:03pm)

Cherry3

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 10:07pm

I'm the same! It's only day 2 for me but I know as days go along I'll worry I might've doing something wrong if I dont feel any side effects! Just need to trust ourselves I guess : D

EC is scheduled for the 22nd- obviously very likely to change a bit but its nice to have the date as reference.

Scheduled test date falls on my mum's birthday- again more than likely to change but I like the idea of it, sounds like a good omen!!

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 4:11pm

Well ladies I can’t believe I’m back on here again. I have been following all your stories but didn’t comment to much as it’s taken me a good few months to get over our last try. We had a NHS cycle which resulted in a positive test but I started to bleed and they said it was a chemical pregnancy. It’s taken a lot of time to consider whether to do it again as I turn 39 next year and I wanted to exhaust all other options. We are returning to RFC for a private round starting with my PTC appointment on the 28th November. I’m hoping I will get to start on my day 21 around the 13th Dec. I to said never again but it’s surprising how time changes everything...that and a lot of saving !

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 2:35pm

hey ladies hope your all doing okay :)

martha1- sorry to hear about your chemical, i really wish you the best of luck for your upcoming cycle.

cherry3- i can't wait to get some dates so i can book the time off work, i'm taking 10 day off after egg transfer ( if i get that far). To be honest i'm looking forward to some me time : D .
Are you taking any time off for the 2ww ?
It does sound like a good omen, what a lovely surprise that would be for your mum's birthday.

Cherry3

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 10:16pm

Martha1, so sorry about your loss. Hope this new cycle is kinder to you and everything works out.

Misty, that is great-Id say you can't wait for your me time. It must be really hard not knowing your dates yet, you must be so excited to get them!

We're holding onto our annual leave so we can go for a good break away once everything is over and done . If it's good news, to celebrate! And if not.... To break away from everything!!! So no time off for our TWW.

Hope you're injections are going well :)

MrsE29

Reg: Oct 24th 2018

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 11:41am

First Post/Egg Collection

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. Currently in my first cycle of ICSI. Had egg collection yesterday, thankfully wasn't too bad well I guess I had prepared myself for worse. Wishing everyone well x

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 2:58pm

hey ladies

MrsE29- good luck with your cycle, i'm glad egg collection went well.

how is everyone else doing ?

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 9:37pm

Hello, sorry I disappeared for a while. Hope everyone is doing ok? I'm still sniffing- got more symptoms this time but could be that I'm a bit more mental after the past two attempts! Got my base line acsn on 30th then start injecting on 1sr Nov. My husband did all my injections last time but I'm gonna try and be brave and do myself this time. Sorry about your chemical Martha xx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 member

Glee

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE