You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Misty2017" started this thread

Reg: Jan 24th 2017

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 6:47pm

Anybody starting in oct :-)

hey ladies
i'm not actually from Northern Ireland but all the other areas are dead : D

I'm due to start downregging on the 16th oct if AF arrives on time, this will be my 1st private ICSI cycle, one failed NHS from 2017.
was due to start last month but unfortunately my nana just passed away so we delayed it a month :-(

Any other ladies due to start, who would like so share there journeys ?
be nice for some cycle buddies xx

Reg: May 18th 2015

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 7:56pm

hi misty, im not sure of my dates yet but il being sent my letter next week. so it might be november before i start depending on when my day 21 is etc.
i just had a private failed frozen transfer , and i had my fresh transfer in april before that which resulted in a positive but i miscarried at 10 weeks.

im so excited to get started again!! are you on sprays for down regging? x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 8:15pm

I have my PTC at the end of Oct, so hopefully will be starting in November. Actually hoping my next period is 3 days late lol that way I can start last week of Oct!!!

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 8:59pm

Hi sparkle, so sorry to hear of your miscarry, life can be so cruel :-(
i'm on buserelin injections, my last cycle in 2017 was short protocol so really hoping for a better response with this new protocol.

Good luck with your upcoming cycle, eekk i'm so excited to get started also.
have you had the injections for down regging ?

Hi jo31, fingers crossed for your late period, is this your first cycle ?

Jo31

Ace

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 9:44pm

Yes, first nhs cycle for icsi, just want to get started now.

Cherry3

Reg: Aug 11th 2018

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 9:46pm

Hi Misty! I'm counting on starting in October. Have our PTC on the 16th of October and that'll be cycle day 18 so hoping to start the treatment in the following days.

We're ICSI and this will be our very first cycle. Excited and nervous at the same time! It's nice to have this forums to discuss things and moral support.

Is anyone doing anything special to prep for it?

Sparkle so sorry to hear about your loss- not fair. Hope we all get BFP and a xmass to look forward to for once!

Reg: Oct 17th 2017

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 10:10pm

Hi Misty, I have my PTC tomorrow for first round of IVF, so hopefully should be starting middle of October but will no more tomorrow x

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 10:33pm

jo31, good luck with your upcoming cycle hun, anything i can help you with just let me know :) Have you been on the waiting list long ?

Cherry3 good luck with your cycle, it is an exciting time. Time seems to slow down waiting to start : D . it will be hear before you know it.
I'm trying to eat healthier also no alcohol after this weekend (the things we have to do eh!! ) because i was suppose to start last month i've been on a month detox already , so having a few cheeky ones this weekend.

Lolawishes good luck with your PTC tomorrow, exciting times, are you NHS or private ?

so just to ask (feeling silly really : D ) what does PTC stand for ?

Jo31

Ace

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 10:48pm

PTC - pre treatment consultation, it’s the long 2 hour appointment when you are shown how to use all the medication. I’ve been on the list since last December, took from January for me and the husband to get all our tests done so all in all 3 years to get to this stage.

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 10:58pm

That's a long time, bet you really can't wait to start, ( exciting times ahead hun) what are your fertility issues if you don't mind me asking ?
mine is MF low sperm count due to undescended testicles as a child, all my checks seems to be okay but i was a slow responder to my last cycle, so hoping this cycle is better.

Cherry3

Thursday, September 20th 2018, 11:45pm

I know!! the things we have to do!

I go back and forth about needing “prepping”- everyday ppl falll pregnant on junk food, drugs, stress and all the no-nos! So it shouldn't matter right? But I can't help but try to be good to give ourselves the best chance.

I'm starting low carb, no sugars/caffeine/ gluten/dairy. I’ve done it before so I know I can do it. I had a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis, so I feel like I should make antinflammatory choices to make sure my body is as receptive as possible :whistling:

Taking CoQ10 for egg health and some multivitamins for overall health.

Downloaded Mindful IVF app, finding it really good! Love the guy’s voice- I wished he did normal meditations too!

Ordered some empson salts from amazon, gonna start taking baths to help relax. I don't feel stressed myself but have started waking up with really sore jaws-so I must be getting tense at a subconscious level as the time approaches…!! Need to get back to yoga too, really helps me wind down. :-)

Cherry3

Friday, September 21st 2018, 12:03am

Misty we're similar to you, low numbers overall and high DNA fragmentation due to an undescended testicle.

Actually has anyone tried to see an urologist? I find there hasn't been any focus on the male nor any effort to improve his numbers.... at all! Not even a suggestion to check up for varicocele or taking antioxidants for the fragmentation...

Jo31

Ace

Friday, September 21st 2018, 7:10am

Ok Cherry3, you’re making me feel lazy now!! I’ve not done anything drastic like that at, I’m just trying to be a bit healthier and go for my exercise. I’ve also been going to reflexology to prep for everything.
Mine is male factors too, husband is low on all 3 factors from medication over the years when he had meningitis as a teenager. I have a slightly low AMH so they have told me that I may now respond to the medication as well as most.

Cherry3

Friday, September 21st 2018, 7:59am

Haha Jo 31 don't! As I said I realize thousands of ppl get pregnant without changing their lifestyles so... Is it really that important? I was suggested that diet after my endo diagnostic while we waited for the lap. Written down like that sounds like a lot but its just basically green smoothie for breakie, choose a lean protein (it could be even a hard boiled egg) and add a side salad or some vegs (i love my roasted veg!) for lunch/dinner, nuts/seeds for snack! But I can do it cause I'm like "its only 6 weeks" I could not give up pizza for life trust me!!! ;( : D everything else is just to relax myself, not cause I feel it will interfire in the result but just for my own mental health.

Is reflexology any good? Is it to relax or improve your chances?

I'm sure they'll give you the best protocol to ensure the best response possible :thumbsup:

Really excited for all of us! So nice to hear your stories and be able to share

Anniemc

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Friday, September 21st 2018, 9:21am

Hello there, I have recently started my FET on NHS, I just started Nasal sprays on 17 September and all being well my estimated transfer date is 1 November so I might be ahead of you all if you are doing fresh transfer but Im not sure.

I have had 3 failed IVF and this is first time I have any frozen, interestingly it was from my NHS cycle that I had best numbers. I have 3 embryos remaining. All very nerve wrecking. I find fresh cycles are very stressful as its getting to each hurdle is an achievement. Delighted there are people in similar position to talk to. x

Friday, September 21st 2018, 9:45am

Hi Misty I’m NHS so has been along wait til get to this point. We are in the “unexplained” bracket which is frustrating.

Friday, September 21st 2018, 2:21pm

hi ladies

Cherry3- i'm taking ubiquinol and pregnacare, i don't feel as stressed this time round, its quite concerning how relaxed i am : D lets see if it lasts.

Jo31, don't worry about your amh hun, mine was 21 last year and i was a poor responder only 2 follies grew first time so my cycle was cancelled, Think everyone is so different regardless of blood results. fingers crossed we get some good quality eggs.

Anniemc, good luck with your FET hun, sorry to hear about your failed cycles, fingers crossed this is your time

Lolawishes hi hun how did you PTC go today ?

not much to report from me, just waiting on AF (monday) to phoned clinic then should get my schedule the same week, happy weekend everyone xx

Friday, September 21st 2018, 4:21pm

hi girls,

misty the last round i had i had one injection for down regulating called prostap, dont know what the nhs down regging drugs are xxx

cherry thank you, yes good news this christmas would be amazing!!!!fingers crossed for us all.

my AMH is on the low side of average , cant remember numbers but not great so they started me on high dose of menopur to hope for the best and i got 17 mature eggs!!! yes 17 the doc came in and actually said to me where did all those come from..lol they must have grown from my last scan until collection!!

im taking that ubiquinol this time round , i hear great things about it. im jusr gonna cut out caffine as much as possible and alcohol. and try to be 80% healthy. think sometimes we put far too much pressure on ourselves through ivf!!

ive always had reflexology and when we were doing it she taught me how to "pump my ovaries" by pumping a certain spot on my foot, so i did that a few times a day maybe it helped my eggs grow?? ;)

awwwww girls i hope so much we get good news.. lets keep each other positive over the next few months.. xxxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Friday, September 21st 2018, 6:09pm

Hey Misty, PTC went well. AF due tomorrow so I have to phone next week for schedule. I’m such a planner so can’t wait to have schedule to see exactly how things will go. Feeling excited to get started but nervous at the same time : D

Friday, September 21st 2018, 6:33pm

sparkle- i think your right about the we put to much pressure on ourselves, it's mentally and physically draining sometimes, every period i've had since last year i haven't once thought about the ovary twinges, but you can guarantee once ivf starts i will analyse every twinge ache and pain haha

i'm cutting alcohol after this weekend ,along side 75% healthy : D

Lolawishes- glad your appointment went well are you on the long or short protocol ?

Friday, September 21st 2018, 6:42pm

aw lola .. so happy for you.. i cant wait to be where you are.. so much waiting xx

yes misty ive seen so many girls getting a positive after a round of ivf where they wernt so strict on them selves.

i want my letter to come soooooooooooooo much so i can get planning too x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Friday, September 21st 2018, 7:42pm

Hi Misty, I asked if it was short protocol but nurse said no as I’m on tablets. She called in the antagonist protocol. So really I’ve no idea lol

Jo31

Ace

Friday, September 21st 2018, 8:02pm

Seems like so much is going on at once here lol I would def recommend reflexology, even if it doesn’t do anything it’s very relaxing. I haven’t been taking anything else, haven’t had alcohol in ages, hoping it’s enough to just be ready for everything.

Friday, September 21st 2018, 11:05pm

Lolawishes- i always thought the antagonist was the short protocol, maybe things are different in northern Ireland, all will be much clearer when your schedule arrives :) exciting times.

jo31- your right this thread took off faster than i expected :) really happy to have you all here so we can share our journeys and support each other.
my friend does reflexology, i've never really looked into it but maybe i should give her a call :thumbsup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Misty2017" (Sep 21st 2018, 11:07pm)

Jo31

Ace

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 11:05am

Def try reflexology, the girl I went to last month was able to tell me that my ovaries were very active and that matched my ovulation date, she said that I had a sore neck at the time and that I had something going on in my head not unlike a headache but lower down, which I did at the time as I had a pain behind my eyes. I wasn’t showing any of this so it’s not that she could have guessed all of that.
Even if it’s doing nothing it makes me feel like I am preparing for what’s to come.

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 12:01pm

I’ve been going to reflexology as well. I think it’s fantastic. Even just to help you relax

Cherry3

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 9:20pm

So many of us in here, great to feel we kinda have a little group for support ^^

Does anyone know if in the NHS is it the same consultant that put you in the list that leads your treatment or is it all down to nurses/embriologists now?

Also, is there any bloating or any physical side effects to the medication/injections? Most of my clothing is skin tight, so it occurred to me today I may have to be careful with my clothing choices at work!? 8| : D

Jo31

Ace

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 9:31pm

I’ve def read that it can cause bloating, some girls even say they had wee bumps that made them look pregnant it was that bad, but I’m sure it effects everyone differently. I also think I read that it’s random what doctors and nurses you see, it’s just whoever is working that day.

Jo31

Ace

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 9:32pm

I’m forever on this forum checking stuff, it’s almost like a whatsapp Group.

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 10:16pm

Hi cherry i agree with jo31 def bloating also it depends on the medication and the person, i just suffered headaches last time.

only 24 days till injections start : D not like i'm counting haha

what medication is everyone on ?
i'm on suprecur (buserelin) for downregging then meriofert 300iu for stimming, then Gonasi 5000iu for trigger.

how is everyone ? xx

Cherry3

Saturday, September 22nd 2018, 10:31pm

Thanks Jo31 and Misty - Time to wear baggy tops and dresses so. May have to go shopping- treat myself :yes:

Didn't really feel like we connected with our consultant- I know that has no bearing in his professionalism but I wouldn't be too sad if somebody else treats us rather than him.

So exciting to have proper set dates Misty!! By my own calculations just under a month to start meds for us! I read many times once it starts it flies!

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 8:34am

girls i never saw the same consultant through treatment , it just depends who is working on the day of your scans and egg collection and transfer.

and yes i was sooooooo bloated during stimms and after. i started wearing baggier clothes to work and had to wear tracksuit bottoms so they were comfy round my waist. one of the girls i work with ade comment to one of the other girls about wonder why she is wearing different clothes and joggers all of a sudden, im sure people have there suspicions xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Cherry3

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 8:58am

Wow thanks so much for sharing Sparkle10, really good to know.

It's tough when we all probably been with our partners a while and anything we do triggers suspicion- we changed from a hatchback to a saloon earlier on the year cue in few raised eyebrows and comments did we have any good news to share? :rollseyes:

Cherry3

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 9:07am

How much time off work does one need roughly? Are scans early in the morning and roughly how many are there, about 3?

Do you need the whole day off for egg collection and transfer?

Did anyone just book time off for the whole process or anyone that didn't regret it later?

Sorry I have so many questions! : D

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 11:28am

Hi Cherry3, I was told scans would be early in the morning. The number you have depends on how you respond to treatment. Nurse said for egg collection to take the day off but you can go back to work after transfer and carry on as normal.
I haven’t started yet but that’s the info I was given

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 12:19pm

Misty, they have put me in norethisterone tablets first, then on menopur injections and cetrotide. My trigger is ovitrelle. Lots on injections but fingers crossed

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lolawishes" (Sep 23rd 2018, 12:23pm)

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 3:23pm

Hi ladies

Cherry my last cycle i had to have blood tests and scans every other day from day 8 of stimming ( all morning appointments) Don't know if private is different.
I'm taking egg collection off ( think that's advised by clinic) then i booked 10 days off from egg transfer.
It gives me time to relax and chill, my job is very physical so i'm really looking forward to some time off and having a social life.

Lola your right about the lot's if injections, the things we have to do eh!!
i'm okay with needles thank god, but i bet its hard for people with phobias.

well AF arrived on time :) so will call clinic tomorrow, book my endo scratch and wait patiently for my schedule xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Misty2017" (Sep 23rd 2018, 3:25pm)

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 5:47pm

Ladies I'm starting my NHS go after failed private with GCRM. I'm in the Sept thred but just thought I'd let you know my schedule. I'm starting Menopur on Thursday night 27th. 1st scan is Monday 1st and 2nd is 7th Oct. Depending on how your 1st scan goes they might book you in for 1 or so in the middle. If scans are during the week they are usually early (mine is 7.35) and then the weekend ones are later (mine 10am) if all goes to plan collection will be 9th Oct and if 3 day transfer it will be on12th Oct. Hope this helps

Elle K.

Reg: Jun 5th 2018

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 5:51pm

Lolawishes I am on the same schedule as you, all the same meds! Very overwhelming!

Cherry3

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 10:12pm

Thanks everyone for all the info!! I deal better knowing what's ahead.

Very best of luck to you all that have started/starting soon!! baby dust to you all :dust:

Sunday, September 23rd 2018, 11:18pm

Ellek when do you start? I have to ring on Tuesday to get scheduled

Elle K.

Reg: Jun 5th 2018

Monday, September 24th 2018, 12:39pm

I start 4th Oct, remember to take your vit d and folic acid supplements now. You/ll probably not be far behind me in starting your schedule!

Monday, September 24th 2018, 6:22pm

I’m still waiting patiently for my letter this week so I can ring to accept. Hope it comes tomorrow . I might give them another wee call just to be annoying lol .

I had a cycle with gcrm last time and my scans and bloods all were early.
I took egg collection day off both cycles.
On my cycle that I got my positive I didn’t have any time off after transfer and on my last frozen transfer I booked the days off until test day to relax etc and I got my negative. I don’t think it really matters what you do. It’s nice not to have work to worry about but this time I had too much time to think about what was going on and wonder had it worked! It’s just personal choice. I think this time round I’ll just go back to work and normal life.

Xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 1:10pm

Hello, I'm due to start my sniffs in 9th October. I had a failed fresh icsi cycle in March and a failed frozen in August. Having an endometrial scratch on 2nd October. Has anyone else had one? Xx

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 3:36pm

hey ladies hope your all okay

Received my schedule today eekk exciting times, i start downregging on the 16th oct also have prep appointment and endo scratch booked in for the same day, Blood test on the 30th oct, can't wait to get started :)
I have all my meds so its just the waiting game again. 21 days to go : D

sparkle fingers crossed your letter arrives today.

Hi pup18, good luck with your upcoming cycle, i've not had a scratch yet but have one booked for 16th oct. i've heard its pretty much like a smear, good luck and let me know how it goes.

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 8:12pm

Hi pup I think we cycled in March /April time the last time together .. good luck for this cycle!

Thanks misty . I rang them today just to stop me wondering and they said that my letter is due to go out in the next batch . They will be posted next week she thinks but she said they get posted 2nd class so it could take a week to get here so I’ll not get the letter until end of next week .. but ragin but at least I know better when it’s coming. Instead of waiting every day and wondering.

Still taking my multi vits and trying not to drink alcohol anyway in mean time . Xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 8:13pm

Misty are you getting to start your meds before your blood appt? Xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 8:45pm

Try ringing them next week on Thursday or Friday, Sparkle. If your letter has been sent out you should he able to accept over the phone. That's what happened with me, I phoned just to check where the list was at and the girl said my letter had been posted and said I could accept on the phone there and then. My letter took ages to actually arrive and as it says on the letter you need to accept within 2 weeks from the date on the letter, by the time I got the letter and had to wait until the Thursday to accept it would have been later than the two weeks so it was lucky I had accepted on the phone x
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
1st ICSI Cycle :BFN: ;(
Sept/Oct 2018
2nd ICSI Cycle :?: :?:

babydust

Tuesday, September 25th 2018, 9:05pm

hi sparkle
yeah i don't have any blood tests till 30th so i will have been on the drugs for 2 weeks before that, fingers crossed the letter arrives soon, if not definitely do what janelle said :)
i'm also sticking to the vit's and no alcohol, after a long day at work i could just murder a large glass :-( but it will all be worth it (i hope ).

Hi janelle how are you getting on ? have you started stimming yet ?
sending you lots of babydust :)

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Wednesday, September 26th 2018, 7:27am

Hi Misty, not yet. Start on Saturday, just got my period yesterday so all on track to start as scheduled. I hate the injections but I'm excited to get started again x
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
1st ICSI Cycle :BFN: ;(
Sept/Oct 2018
2nd ICSI Cycle :?: :?:

babydust

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE