You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Anniemc

• "Anniemc" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 10:14am

FET- 3 Embryos- what should I do

I have my FET first appointment today and hope to start treatment on day 21 which will be next week.

At my review appointment following third failed IVF but for first time had 3 embryos left over to enable a FET, the Consultant recommended that my 3 embryos are thawed and we pick best 2 for transfer. It has occurred to me now that it might be best to thaw 2 and then have another one spare for another FET. I would welcome your views? I am minded to listen to the Consultant but I just want to maximise my chances.

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 1:05pm

Oh Anniemc I feel for you. What a head pickle! They always tell you that they only freeze what is good. I know if I where in this situation I'd only do 2 but my husband is a big risk taker and would thaw 3.

Are you in financial position to do a full cycle again if you followed their advice?

Are they in a position to thaw 2 and if 1 dosent look strong that morning do they have enough time that morning to then thaw the 3rd?

Anniemc

• "Anniemc" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 1:33pm

Thanks I will ask all these questions today as I'm unsure how it all works out. I am in a financial position to do another fresh cycle but its the fresh cycle which is so draining and I have already had 3 failed cycles. its hard to know when to stop.

That's a good point if they can then thaw the third on the morning. I'm really keen to get process started again. The consultant recommended thawing three as she thinks best next step would be to go to England to go through a fresh cycle and have any embryos screened, its so hard to know as my third cycle I had 5 embryos but 2 previous cycles I only had 2 embryos on first cycle and 1 on second cycle. Sorry for the waffle and thanks for your help.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 6:52pm

I personally would thaw all three, but that’s because I have always had a poor thaw rate with my embryos. If you did defrost two and then had just one would you want to do a frozen cycle with the risk a single one may not thaw?

Good luck whatever you decide x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 8:13pm

That is so hard, I am having FET on Friday, they told me yesterday that they thaw them and they need a couple of hours to dry out, so I guess it would depend on their schedule if they could thaw the other one, but I’m presuming that the one that they had already thawed wouldn’t be able to stay out for too long...but obviously I am only guessing.

I personally think I would do two...xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 8:36pm

Anniemc have they told you grades of your previous embryos? Have they ever suggested a scratch? I've only ever had 1 failed cycle and never had it but one of the ladies on the chat who is from England is having one. Might be worth bringing it up to see what they say

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 8:42pm

I haven't been through a FET but I personally don't think i would want to put all my eggs in the one basket so to speak so I think I would thaw two and leave one to may be try again another time. It's a very difficult decision though x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE