You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:11pm

Anyone starting in September?

Hey ladies, just looking to see who's starting treatment soon. I've got my PTC on 6th Sept and should hopefully be starting sprays on 12th Sept (CD21) though I don't have my schedule as yet.

We had our NHS cycle in April/May which was unsuccessful and unfortunately we had no frosties so we are starting a new full private cycle.

It would be nice to have other ladies going through it at the same time to chat to, whether it's a full cycle or a frozen transfer x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
4 eggs - 2 x day3 embryos - :BFN: ;(
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018
5 eggs - 2 x day5 early blasts - :BFN: ;(

G-Girl

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:17pm

Hi Janelle132 - I am starting downreg on 5th Sept so there won't be too much between us :)

Sorry to hear your first attempt didn't work out for you - fingers crossed that this time is the one!

How are you feeling about going through the whole process again?

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:26pm

Hi GGirl, yeah sounds like we'll be close enough together. Is this your first cycle or have you done it before?

I'm feeling good about trying again. Took a while to get over it not working last time as I had it in my head that it would just work first time. I didn't respond particularly well to the drugs, only got 4 eggs though 3 of them fertilised which was a good amount. They transferred two on day threw and kept the other one until day 5 to see if they could freeze it but it stopped developing. Hoping that this time I will respond better to the drugs as I'll be on a higher dose from the start this time x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

G-Girl

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:41pm

Yes this is my first attempt so I really have no idea what to expect - not sure if that is a good or bad thing though lol

What dose were you on the last time and what are they putting you on this time do you know? I'm on 225 dose of bemfola and she said that was the average dosage.

Its such a shame they weren't able to get more eggs, but if they have you on a bigger dose this time then hopefully that means you will get a few more this time around?

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 2:55pm

The first time is a bit daunting, with the injections but once you get started it's easy enough. As I didn't respond as much to the drugs I didn't really have many side effects which was good though if rather have had the side effects and more eggs.
I was on 150 of menopur last time and they upped it to 225 after the first scan. They started me on a low dose as on paper it looked like I would respond well. This time they said I'd be on and average dose so I'd say probably 225 but I don't know for sure. Hoping that starting on that dose will help.
I'll be on the spray thus time too, I was on tablets and cetrotide injections last time so that'll be different, the Dr said the spray was cheaper so we just went with that. Hoping I don't have too many side effects from that this time.
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

G-Girl

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 3:14pm

Yea its the side effects i'm concerned about - I have severe endo and so i'm worried these injections will cause that to really flare up.....but if it all works at the end of it, it will be worth it :)

That's great that they know they need to start you on a bigger dosage this time - I really do feel like they know what they are doing so we can only put our trust in the nurses and doctors and hope for the best.

I look forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 3:32pm

Yep, put all your trust in the drs and hope for the best lol
Let me know how you get on when you start x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Reg: Jan 24th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 5:04pm

hi ladies

i'm due to start buserelin on 16th sept have my scratch booked in for friday the 14th, janelle reading your posts i can't believe how much your last cycle was like mine, i had one failed NHS cycle in 2017 no frosties, just starting new private cycle. i didn't respond very well last time either and also was started on 150 menopur as hormone levels were good it looked like i would respond well, ive been put on the long cycle this time (short previous) so hoping for a better response.

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:12pm

I rang the hospital today and I'll be starting my tablets on 7th so I'm around the same time too. I was on 150 menopur last time. It took a while to respond but they were happy with that as I have PCOS and they didn't want to over stimulate me. So excited to be starting again. :)

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:13pm

Misty can I ask if they suggested scratch to you or did you ask for it?

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:28pm

hi hopefully2018

im so excited to start again as well :) fingers crossed its a lucky month for us all.
i asked them for the scratch hun

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:32pm

i've just noticed i'm in the northern Ireland chat, i'm in Manchester but all them chats are dead, is it okay for me to still chat here :)

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 7:57pm

Of course, we are all in the same boat no matter where we live. Haven't heard many mention the scratch hence the question. Fingers crossed there will be lots of bfps in October.

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:07pm

a lot of people have the scatch here, its like a lottery to get it with a NHS cycle only certain few are accepted, im private this time so thought why not give it a try.
are you private or NHS hopefully?

Minnie91

Reg: Jan 15th 2018

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:08pm

Hi girls i am down for consultation on 11th of september . I think this is to lift meds?? I have no idea what to expect as this is my first time too lol can anyone explain time frames of what happens between now and the actual implantation xx

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:38pm

Hey Misty, no worries that you're not from northern Ireland, we are all going through the same thing! I've noticed that other than the NI board all the others are dead, I thought it was odd seeing how this one is quite busy. Our previous cycles were quite similar, it's good that they are changing things up for you. I think I'm still on a short protocol this time but hoping for better results.

Hey Hopefully, I have PCOS too so maybe that's another reason why they didn't go too high with the dose. I was very slow to respond and when they upped the dose it still took a while and though they said they were happy with how I responded in the end but I wasn't as I only got 4 eggs. I never felt anything during stims, which I thought wasn't a good sign. I hear people here talking about how they were very bloated and uncomfortable and I felt nothing so just felt it wasn't working. Hopefully this time will be different. I'd love to have some frosties to fall back on if it doesn't work out x

Hi Minnie, if it is your Pre Treatment Consultation then you'll meet with the nurse and get all your drugs and possibly your schedule. If you've already had your period and are before CD 21 then they will print out your schedule (A calendar with all the pill/nasal sprays/injections etc that you take each day starting on day 21 of your cycle). If you're after day 21 then you ring at the start of your period and they will send your schedule in the post. They will talk you through and show you how to administer all of the drugs. It can take a few hours for this appointment. In my last cycle, I took tablets for around 18 days then stopped for a week and had a period before starting on injections. I should have been on injections for 2 weeks but I was on them for 3 weeks because I didn't respond as well as expected. Then had egg collection and transferred 2 embryos 3 days later. So from day 21 to egg collection was just over 6 weeks for me. It won't be the same for everyone but hopefully thst will help give you an idea of what to expect.

Fingers crossed for all you ladies. It'll be nice to be able to chat and rant to you ladies lol. Good to talk to people going through the same thing at the same time! Keep us all updated with what's going on with you xxx
babydust
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janelle132" (Aug 29th 2018, 8:42pm)

Minnie91

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:45pm

Thanks janelle its just so much to take in lol thank god for this chat group or we would all be lost, its good talking to people whos going through the same. Do they count day 21 from the first day of your last period?

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:47pm

Hi ladies ..I have my PTC on Friday morning ...this is my NHS cycle but unfortunately my 4th cycle overall ..IV been to gcrm for 2 cycles one failed one miscarriage..went to Greece for last cycle but it failed too- although clinic in Greece was beyond fab and lightyears ahead of the UK in terms of tests and investigations but unfortunately our embies just didn't stick so this is our last chance ..have severe endo and have never responded well to the drugs so have never had any frosties good to see a few of us all doing it together always good to have somewhere to come and check in ..best of luck to everyone hopefully loads of bfps coming up xx
me 29 DH 38
Stage 4 Endo and MFI

#1 GCRM -July 17 - BFN
#2 GCRM -Nov 17-BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d .heartbroken
#3 - Serum Greece-June 18 -bfn..what now!?

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 8:59pm

Yeah Minnie, first day of your period is cd 1 so 21 days after the start of your period is usually when you start tablets or nasal spray x
Sorry you've been through so much Mrs2017. Fingers crossed you get your rainbow baby soon x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 9:05pm

cheers ladies, i'm looking forward to cycling with you all :)
hi mrs2017 sorry about your failed cycles :-( fingers crossed this is your time hun.
hi minnie91 good luck with your consultation, things will be much clearer after that.

Wednesday, August 29th 2018, 9:11pm

Minnie - day 1 is the 1st day of your last period. The nurses are great and will explain everything but we all have each other to help answers questions etc. YouTube is also good is you want to refresh your memory on how to inject meds etc.

Mrs2017 - sorry you are having to go through this again but fingers crossed this is your time!

Janelle - my last cycle was with GCRM, got 5 and 2 made to day 5 with both good quality. Still have 1 frozen. If I'm lucky enough this time to get more than 1 I'm going to ask to put 2 in as in 37 on my next birthday. Nurse said it's a possibility with me having such a high grade embie which didn't stick.

Reg: Oct 17th 2017

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 2:37pm

Hi Ladies, I’ve my PTC on 21st September. IVF first timer.

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 3:39pm

Good luck, Stephwishes! First time can be a bit daunting, any questions just ask x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 5:35pm

Hi Janelle! I'm in a very similar boat to you! Had a failed cycle earlier this year. Have my PTC next week although dont expect to start meds until around the end of the month.
Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on and supporting each other xx

Minnie91

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 8:22pm

Thanks for the info ladies. What has everyone been doing to prepare for this.xx

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 9:33pm

I'm not really doing any thing different to be honest. Trying to lose a little weight as ice put on a bit over my last cycle and holidays etc. I have recently downloaded a Mindful IVF app which I'm going to try to see if I can be less stressed this time round. Other than that I'm just trying to be normal x

Seems like there'll be quite a few if us going through this over September/October. Can't wait to see all the bfps at the end of this! Positive thinking is always good xxx
babydust all round
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 5:29pm

I have been an imposter on NI too Misty, as you say, everything else is so quiet. Have you had a scratch before? I asked for one this time (I am doing FET, on Buserelin and Progynova atm) but I was too late.

Wishing everyone so much luck xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 5:37pm

Hi Dusky7

No this will be my first time, i really wanted it with NHS cycle but i didn't meet the criteria. Have you had one before ?
i'm hoping it doesn't hurt, Good luck with your FET hun x

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 1:30pm

Hey Ladies, hope everyone is keeping well. Had my PTC this morning and got my drugs and schedule. Start spray on Wednesday and injections on 29th with planned EC on 11th October. Interested to see how I go with the spray as I wasn't on it the last time. Any tips? Hoping the side effects aren't too bad.

Anyone started or starting soon? Xxx
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:04pm

Never had a scratch hon.

Ooo yay Janelle, nearly there :) Never had the spray xxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

G-Girl

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:41pm

Spray is strange Janelle132, I'm on my second day and i'm still not sure i'm doing it right!
It doesn't taste very nice if it comes down your throat a little and my nose is like a tap for about 20 mins after but apart from that i've had to real issues.

Not long to wait until you get started, you are only a week behind me :)

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:52pm

Good news janelle, not long eekk bet your excited, :)
i start buserelin on the 16th, blood test on the 29th and should start stimms on the 30th, we will almost be stimming the same time :thumbsup:

hi g-girl im glad you haven't had any issues, what is the spray ? wish i was on that instead of the needles, I don't mind needles its just a pain in the arse at 6.30am : D

hope everyone else is okay :)

G-Girl

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 2:57pm

The spray is Synarel Misty2017, i'm only on day 2 so i'm sure if I am gonna get any side effects it won't be for a wee while yet but fingers crossed it goes ok :)

I start stimms on 22nd so there isn't much between us all.

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 3:05pm

eekk exciting times :)

wishing us all the luck in the world xxx

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 8:46pm

Hey ladies, We have our blood screening appointment tomorrow. Just looking over the appointment letter and it says the appointment is in the royal hospital. We have previously attending the grove. Good job I double checked letter or would have ended up in the wrong place

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 8:51pm

It's good that there's a few of us close together!
Misty, all being well you'll be right behind me. Do you have a planned egg collection date yet?
G-girl, the nurse said to me that you will feel it running out it down your throat so I'd say that's fairly normal, not looking forward to that but just excited to get going and glad to be doing something different as last time I was on stims for an extra week and upped the dose after a few days and still only got 4 eggs in the end so hopefully this protocol will work better for me.
Dusky, how are you getting on with your FET?
Lolawishes, good job you checked! From now on your appointments will probably be in the royal as that's where they seem to do all the procedures and consultations for ivf/ICSI nuts it's always good to double check the letter. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Blood screening app is quick and relatively painless. Is this your first cycle?
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 9:12pm

Thanks Janelle132 ! Yep first cycle so all about daunting.

Thursday, September 6th 2018, 9:14pm

hi janelle, no i haven't got egg collection date yet, my schedule only takes me to blood test on the 29th to see if ovaries have been suppressed, if all good then will get it after that.

lolawishes- good luck with you appointment tomorrow.

Friday, September 7th 2018, 7:42am

Good luck for today, lolawishes! The first cycle can seem very daunting to begin with but once you get started it's not so bad. Just try to relax as much as you can throughout the whole thing x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Elle K.

Reg: Jun 5th 2018

Friday, September 7th 2018, 5:46pm

Janelle132 I had my first appointment with the nurse on 6th Sept and Stephwishes my PTC IS 21st! ha I learnt yes what a PTC was, the nurse asked if I got one and I had no idea what she was talking about. I'll be looking around the waiting room wandering if you're there, ha!First timer also, so we have a bumpy road ahead of us I'm sure, no idea what to expect.

Saturday, September 8th 2018, 10:27am

Ellek great to know someone who will be going through it all at the same time

Minnie91

Saturday, September 8th 2018, 4:11pm

Hi ladies for the ptc do all 4 of the consent forms have to be completed? I think i saw on here before it was only 2? My ptc is on tuesday so dont want to land in with wrong forms done lol xx

G-Girl

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 10:37am

Hi Minne91, I completed all mine in before hand but I think it says you shouldn't do that - and to be fair she had to go over them all again with me anyway so if I were you I would fill in the bare minimum. They go through each step with you in terms of the questions and what your answer means so I don't think you can really do anything wrong.

When is your PTC appointment?

G-Girl

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 12:52pm

Sorry just noticed you said your appointment is today! Apologies for the lateness - hope it goes well :)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 1:05pm

Hi Janelle, they delayed my FET which was meant to be Monday, don’t know why A’s lining is good, it is now on Friday. Feels really surreal this time, don’t know why, feel quite detached and lacking in PMA...

How are you getting on? Xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 8:39pm

ElleK, first time is definitely a bit daunting but just keep checking your schedule and take it one step at a time and you'll be fine. Good luck!

How did your PTC go today, Minnie?

It's odd that they delayed your transfer, Dusky but I suppose they know what they are doing so you just gotta trust them. Good luck for Friday!

I start my spray in the morning. I'm excited to get going again but nervous as I haven't had the spray before so don't know what to expect x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 11th 2018, 9:21pm

Thanks hon x good luck for tomorrow, so exciting! Xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Wednesday, September 12th 2018, 8:42pm

Started the spray today, morning and evening. It's fine so far though it's horrible when you can taste it in your throat but can't complain too much. Hoping that I don't have too many side effects from it x
ICSI #1 - April/May 2018
ICSI #2 - Sept/Oct 2018

Minnie91

Wednesday, September 12th 2018, 10:00pm

Thanks G Girl :)

Hi janelle all went well start my spray on the 25th so not long now to go. Are you for ivf or icsi?x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 12th 2018, 10:29pm

Yay, and you’re off Janelle :thumbsup: xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

FERTILITYZONE