You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Peony11

• "Peony11" started this thread

Reg: Aug 27th 2018

Monday, August 27th 2018, 8:08pm

First Timer Needing Advice for first appointment

Hi guys ☺️
This is my very first time writing on a forum and was wondering if any of you ladies can help me with a bit of advice.
My husband and I have been TTC for 6years however only realised we may be having problems last year. We initially went to our GP who ordered hormone blood tests, ultrasound and took 2 SA from my hubby. The results returned and it was discovered I have PCOS however no blockages etc. With my hubby also having mobility, motility and concentration. Due to results we were then referred to the fertility clinic at CAH were we had a further US completed, fertility/health hx taken alongside further verology bloods. When the results returned the consultant informed us exactly what we knew from previous testing and had stated that he would refer us on to regional fertility centre for further treatment, recommending IVF as the SA only responded to this wash. I was also commenced on clomid (I am now on my third cycle). We received a letter to inform of us of our first appointment at Grove Wellbeing centre which is coming up in two weeks. I was just wondering, I know from reading posts beforehand that tests will also be taken here at the first appointment. However I was wondering has anyone had the experience of where they haven't needed to do tests on first appointment as we have done all the tests in excess in the last year which is required and I don't know if I have the strength to keep repeating the tests when when it would make sense to hopefully use our results on first appointment to determine treatment process.
Sorry for long post!
Any advice would be great x

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Monday, August 27th 2018, 9:15pm

We were referred to CAH as well first, husband had 3 SA done and then we were referred to grove, they repeated the tests again so I don’t think you’ll get away with no further tests, they seem to think no other hospital results can be trusted or maybe cause of the time there always is between apt’s they want to make sure nothing has changed. Either way they’ll prob repeat some of your tests again.

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Monday, August 27th 2018, 9:18pm

Our tests were all repeated aswell to it is very frustrating as it feels like time is being wasted x

Peony11

Monday, August 27th 2018, 9:57pm

Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it ☺️ Aww that's a bit fraustrating but suppose just have to be grateful that we are finally getting seen ☺️ Do you guys know roughly timeline of appointments from when we will first be seen for rough guidance. We are so nervous

Jo31

Ace

Monday, August 27th 2018, 10:08pm

My first was August 31st and then second was meant to be Nov 9th but they cancelled it and was made to wait until December 7th.

G-Girl

Tuesday, August 28th 2018, 8:56am

Hi Peony11, I have replied on the other thread you posted on as well but wanted to reply here incase you don't see that one.

I didn't have to have a lot of tests done when I went to the RFC for the first time because I am already under the care of a consultant for severe endometriosis and so he had already carried out a number of tests and already ordered my partner to be tested etc so when I went to the RFC for my initial consultation a few months later they simply looked at the results and said that they would just be testing my AMH levels and a few other things including weight and height (they took a small amount of blood only). Once I reached the top of the list I was called back for the usual blood appointment along with my partner and that has been the only tests I've had.

I would have said that if tests have been carried out within a recent timeframe they probably don't waste time doing them again but looking at some of the previous replies here it looks like that isn't always the case.

I hope you don't have to go through too much more! Good luck :)

Peony11

Tuesday, August 28th 2018, 8:26pm

Hi Gi-Girl!

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience. It’s actually really helped fingers crossed all will go well and can get the ball rolling!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE