You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 6:09pm

Review after failed nhs cycle

How long after your failed nhs cycle did you get your review appointment? I got a letter today saying the wait time is 12-14 weeks or could be longer. Would this be from now or from when my cycle ended? Also did any one get a private review appointment rather than waiting on the nhs one? If so, how long did that take and how much did it cost? X
I want to be trying again around September time but could be longeevthsb that if I wait on the nhs appointment.

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 8:07pm

Hi Janelle , the private appointment cost £140 abd we were seen within 3 weeks . We had it with Dr Abadege

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 8:50pm

That's great, Martha. Thanks for replying. I get think I might go ahead with that and try to book an appointment for sometime in August after my holiday.
Was Dr Abadege your consultant or did you just go with who ever was available? X

Martha1

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 2:47pm

Yes Dr Abadege was my consultant so I wanted to stick with him . Good luck with it all x

Monday, June 25th 2018, 9:11am

On the review appointment are you able to start treatment if going privately or would I need to get another appointment before I could actually get started? Obviously I know it'll depend on where I am in my cycle etc but just want to know if I can get a schedule etc at that same app or if I need to book another one x

Martha1

Monday, June 25th 2018, 2:39pm

Yep you can sign your consent forms there and then, then they just post you your appointments out. If your bloods are up todate you don’t need a PTC that just leaves an appointment to pick up medication. Dr Adacje prefers 2 normal cycles before starting again.

Monday, June 25th 2018, 3:25pm

Thanks Martha. Did you see Dr abadage in the rfc at the royal? I phoned the rfc today to see about booking a private appointment with my consultant prof McClure and was given another number to ring and they said it would be somewhere in Hollywood we'd go to for the appointment. Just wondering if that's normal. I assumed that I'd just book a private appointment at the rfc as that's where I want to do my private cycle.

Martha1

Monday, June 25th 2018, 5:30pm

Hi Janelle , no we had to go to another clinic it was up beside queens university. From on then everything is right back to RFC. Honestly going private for the review cut out up to 12 weeks waiting .

Monday, June 25th 2018, 8:22pm

Ok. Thanks so much for replying, Martha.
We are heading on holiday in a couple of weeks so I'm going to ring when we get back to make an appointment for August to get us started sooner. By that time I should have had 2 cycles, although this cycle has been very strange. I had my period after my bfn and it stopped as normal after around 5/6 days but then I started spotting around CD 9/10 right up to today when my period started very early only CD 18. I'm assuming that's just because of all the drugs messing up my cycle and hoping nect cycle will be more normal x

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 5:40pm

Actually got my review appointment letter today. Appointment is 25th July so that's only 7 weeks from my test day so not as long as it expected to wait x

Martha1

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 8:49pm

Great news :thumbup:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE