You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 11:18am

Fertility clinics

Is it just GCRM and RFC for fertility treatment in and around Belfast?
I was just checking up prices etc to see what's our best choice going forward. GCRM are a lot more expensive. Would work out around £3000-4000 more expensive for me to go with GCRM. Husbands TESE would be £2000-2800 with GCRM and £750 with RFC, along with more expensive drugs and treatment.
For anyone whos went with them what were your reasons? Are their refund programmes good value? Think with the biopsy for hubby it's gonna have to be RFC. I do like them, all nice and very friendly and the royal is very handy for me, just curious about it all and want to make sure I've researched everything before making a decision.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
1st ICSI Cycle :BFN: ;(
Sept/Oct 2018
2nd ICSI Cycle :?: :?:

babydust

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janelle132" (Jun 12th 2018, 11:23am)

Reg: Apr 9th 2018

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 1:26pm

Janelle

In total I paid £18k for my cycle in RFC- and 3 in origin. All 4 failed.... had I of been in a refund programme I would have gotten that £18k back.

I paid £10,500 plus drugs to GCRM for 3 cycles if fails full refund back - my first cycle failed and my second currently has resulted in a positive all being well it continues. Technically it would have cost me £5k per cycle totally £10 so I suppose I didn't really loose out on anything as this is what it would have cost. But if something goes wrong its nice to know my money back is an option.

I got my prescription from them and got my drugs from boots which was cheaper and I got the point which were £90 odd quid which was an added bonus also. xx one point to note though- my cycles were the same protocol and drugs in all 3 clinics ...

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 1:41pm

Thanks princess. £10,500 sounds ok knowing that you'll either get your baby or your money back to try again. Looking at their individual prices it's very expensive, maybe I should look into the refund scheme more but if I have to pay almost £3000 for hubbys biopsy each time it's going to be very expensive.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 2:24pm

I don't really know about the biopsy - can you not remove so many sperm and freeze them to avoid needing to do each time?

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 3:25pm

First time they didn't get enough to be able to freeze them. They tried to freeze then last time but they didn't survive the thawing process so it's no good doing it that way by the looks of it. I'll speak to GCRM about the refund scheme and see how much it would cost but I think we will probably go with the RFC again.
I take it with the refund scheme you only do it until you get one live birth, if it works first time you can't then use the other couple of cycles at another time for a 2nd child?
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 4:01pm

Girls i think its just a lotto it all down to the embyro.ive had a fresh and frozen with gcrm fresh m/c at 6 1/2 weeks and frpzen bfn.im now about to start my nhs cycle with the rfc.i think the will all just sell you the dream and any one who is lucky enough to get pregnant is going to say that clinic is the best

Holly555

Reg: Nov 4th 2016

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 8:41am

For me personally I preferred GCRM. I’ve had one private cycle with them and an NHS round st RFC. Both failed. The difference was I felt like I was treated better at GCRM. In the royal I felt like I was being pushed along a conveyor belt and there was no personal touch to it. I’m going back to gcrm to try again.

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 8:52am

Babydream I think you are right ..... The clinic that yields the best result if often the clinic that people say is the best. that's why I tried to explain that all 6 cycles were the same for me and I agree its pot luck...... it will either make it or sadly not.

Yes the refund programme stops when 1 live birth is achieved. Really think about it because if it takes you another cycle the refund programme is worth considering. They offer finance options also and have a cheaper multi cycle programme too.I am not sure about any of the finance as I paid mine upfront but its through a company access fertility and you can call them to discuss. the cost includes your bloods tests, consultations, treatment, review and storage of embryos etc

Take me for instance - I have no medical condition, partners sperm is low but there and was obtained each time. We had a god number of embryos make it each time and good quality- got to transfer each time.... just didn't implant. It really is a waiting game and I do believe its not the clinic itself its the embryo and your own body.

take your time and consider all options before making any decisions. xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE