You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Odi

Ace

• "Odi" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2018

Friday, June 29th 2018, 9:09am

I’ve been taking it 8am and 8pm. I had to go to Dublin and for got to take it with me so wasn’t able to take it till 12 that night. Don’t worry. My hayfeaver is killing me
Icsi #1- 9/5/11, Chemical
Icsi #2- Bfp 10/11/11, Miscarry 7 weeks
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss
Fet #1- 31/5/13 twins 12/3/14

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Friday, June 29th 2018, 2:11pm

Ive been take mine at 9 it just suits me better with walken in the evening saves me doing it till i get home.ive also been keeping it in the fridge because it says on the bottel store below 25* and were hitten the low 30s in my area i was worried about it been si cold taken it but it was fine.ive even put my fels in the fridge to so i hope it cools down before i need to use them.he he imagen how cold that would be.ive not been feeling tierd this time yet!!!!!!!

Reg: May 18th 2018

Friday, June 29th 2018, 2:45pm

Sorry Babydream is that the spray you’ve been keeping in fridge?

Friday, June 29th 2018, 11:16pm

Yes ive every thing in the fridge.i would get in myself if i could.

Bbird

Reg: Nov 28th 2017

Friday, June 29th 2018, 11:58pm

Hey all

Heat is a killer! Combined with hayfever it’s not enjoyable like!

Luckily I’ve escaped just for the weekend to an air conditioned home!

I started injections today - all grand - no side effects obviously yet.

With the Menopur - can I switch legs when injecting or should I always be doing it in the same one?

It’s funny the random things you think about, and then overthink, and then nearly start to panic lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 1:02am

Bbird you can do it anywhere, have you tried the tummy yet? I found it much less painful than the legs!! I’m loving the sun because we have a big paddling pool in the back yard lol but dunno how we are going to refill it now with this big hose band haha x

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 8:23am

Ive always done menopure in my tummy i diden even know you could do it in your leg.learn some thing new every day.ive done my trigger in my leg and found it sore .i think the tummy is less painfull to.i asked the nurse could i do my trigger in my tummy this time and she said yea thats fine.ive more fat on my tummy so i hardley feel a thing.

Bbird

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 10:39am

The nurse definitely told me to do menopur in the leg and then certotide in the tummy when I start it on Monday! Bizarre!

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 11:41am

Cetrotide has to be in the tummy but I was told either leg or tummy for menopur. I always did it in the tummy so I wouldn't get confused and do the cetrotide in the wrong place x

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 2:16pm

I dont think it really matters where we do it as long as we are doing it.i think just depends on the nurse where as we are told to do it.as long as were getting the drug in our system i think were fine.

Reg: Feb 4th 2018

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 1:13am

I start nasal spray on 7th July and 375iu Bemfola injections on 26th July. I’m so excited! It’s been a loooong wait to get to this point!

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 8:31am

Im sure blossom17 like us all your glad to finaly get to thin stage.once you start your meds time flys.

Monday, July 2nd 2018, 11:01pm

Hi ladys hows evert one?hows the injections going Bbird are you finding easy to do?

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 8:23am

Hi Babydream, currently sitting on day 13, patiently waiting on day 21 so that i can get started! How are you? What stage are u at? xx

Bbird

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 12:01pm

Hey guys

So far all is good and injections are going well. This is my first cycle and I’m high risk for OHSS due to polycystic ovaries so just keeping a close eye and taking it easy. Only side effects I’m having is feeling bloated still and a feeling that something is happening but that’s it - fingers crossed it stays that way!First scan tomorrow!

How are you guys all doing? X

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 1:09pm

Keepsmiling ur nerly their.im waiting on my period when i started spray i felt it was going to come early but now notting.im due to start injections friday the 13 th so hope fully it will show up by then. Bbird fingers crossed your cycle runs smooth for you .they will have a good idea how your ovries are getting on tomorrow and you will be abel to down your dose if needs be.keep us posted how you get on tomorrow.hope all goes well for you.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 1:34pm

Oh Bbird it’s getting exciting now for you..... let us know how u get on tomorrow - not long to go!
Babydream - oh it’ll come before 13th no problem - and then you’ll be on injections too! It’s so exciting. I’m just so impatient. xx

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 1:37pm

Just a quick question - anyone have any thoughts to share about exercise during the whole procedure. I like to go to gym etc but was thinking of calming it down esp when I start injections and just walking etc..... give my body every chance. I’m not overweight.... if anything the nurse at the bloods appointment said I could do with a wee bit of weight on. It’s difficult because I also have an under active thyroid so I try to stay active to keep weight down.....
that said..... my one goal and all I want is a baby so I’d do anything to help those chances.
Any thoughts? xx

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 1:48pm

Ive always keeped exercising untill end of stims when my overies wete to uncomfertable to do any thing.i havent been doing to much this time because of the heat.just do what feels right for you.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 2:02pm

Thanks Babydream - just don’t want anything to affect my chances. Obviously nothing too strenuous??
xx

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 2:34pm

At the end of the day chick its all down to the embyro.we can do this and that and avoid this and that but its all down to the littel embyro.

Tuesday, July 3rd 2018, 4:06pm

That’s so true. Thank u xx

Bbird

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 1:44pm

Thanks for all your well wishes guys - quickest appointment ever this morning, in and out in 10 minutes - everything looking good. 5 follicles in each ovary with more small ones on the way - they seemed happy and my doses are too remain the same. Glad to know that meds are working and doing their job.

Another random question - am I able to go swimming whilst on injections?

Hope everyone else is getting OK! When do you start injections again?xx

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 1:49pm

Bbird - happy days - great news!
Hopefully start injections on 27 July! Can’t wait (sad - as it’s injections, but at least then the process is well under way)
xx

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 1:53pm

Random question..... on my schedule..... on day 4 of injections, I have cetrotide and menopur, do you take the cetrotide in morn and then memopur in evening..... (1st two days is just menopur)
I’m just getting myself confused and trying to remember what was discussed at pre consultation mtg. I know I’m a while to wait (until 27 July) but want to be clear in my head xx

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 2:07pm

Yeah, keepsmiling, I did cetrotide in the morning and menopur in the evening x

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 2:17pm

Thanks Janelle. How are you keeping? xx

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 8:31pm

Bbird thats great news.i cant see why you cant swim if you feel fine with it.i was in the sea today but im not injecting yet.if your worried about swimming just call the clinic and cheek no harm in asken them.my big bad period arrived to day must have been the sea air.

Bbird

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 9:01pm

Baby dream that's so funny - my period arrived after downregging on the day I was down at the sea too - your right, it must be the sea air.

Yeah I will call clinic tomorrow to ask about the swimming just to be safe.

Will you start injections in seven days then babydream?

I'm trying my best to keep going with normal life and be busy as I think if I think about it the time it will consume me and then I'll be stressed. It seems like injections are just part of my normal vitamin taking routine now! LOL

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 9:45pm

Lol girls - I’m down at beach now ...... for a walk to clear the head! xx

Wednesday, July 4th 2018, 11:44pm

Looks like its beach all round.il start my injections in 8 days friday the 13.it does become normal life.i only inject menopure thank goodness.this is my 3rd go and ive got to the stage where i was so good with all the dos and donts that i dont think it makes any diffrence been really good and self disaplined im going to try been a bad girl this time and see what happens.its all down to the embyro.like a lotto.im going to eat what i like and do what i like and not worrie about it.we will see what happens.

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 7:38am

I'm doing good. All ready to head on my holidays on Saturday. Then when I get back im going to get a private review appointment to get things moving for august/Sept time.

Good luck to all you ladies, starting or getting started soon. It's exciting. Don't worry too much about the injections, they aren't as bad as you imagine and once you get started it's does just become normal. Also try not to stress about everything (food, exercise etc) as babydream says I think it just depends on the embryo but stress won't be good. Just get through it best you can.

Wishing you all the luck in the world. Hoping to see lots of bfps here very soon! babydust

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 8:11am

Babydream and Janelle.... thank you for your words of wisdom.... you have no idea how much you all have helped me already in this journey..... i admit that I’m a worrier and stress over the slightest things but now I’m taking on board your advice and trying not to stress too much about this. It really depends on the embryo and if it’s meamt to be, it’ll be.
Babydream - you seem so positive / strong.... that’s an encouragement.
Janelle - have a brill holiday and can’t wait to start the journey with you when you get back and get appointment.
Thanks girls for all the support / encouragement. Who thought things like this..... talking to ppl we don’t know would help so much! xx

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 8:49am

Thanks janelle for the good luck wishes lets hope its bfps all round.keepsmiling the only thing i am going to do this time is eat plenty of protien rich foods during stimming as it is the only do and dont i do think makes sence protien to grow happy healthy eggs.but i will be eating what ever else i feel like with it.im just going to live in the moment just going to go with the flow.if im asked out for a coffee im going out for a coffee.

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 9:23am

That’s actually a good point - my head so caught up worrying that I didn’t think about protein..... thank you for that - makes perfect sense. I’ll be increasing my protein rich foods too! I’m not familiar with any other major do and don’t - only thing I was thinking about was - no alcohol, cut down on fatty foods etc.
I love tea / coffee but have switched to white tea and 1 shot coffees when out. But haven’t cut down ?o(
I’m sorry - as a complete newbie to this..... I’ll take on board any advice xx

Bbird

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 11:51am

Yeah I think it is dangerous to start changing how you normally live (as long as that's relatively healthy obviously) and put your body and mind under lots of pressure! Best to just go about as normal as possible.

I've been using a free app I found called Mindful IVF - the 10 day prep ones are really good for chilling you out - I think it's the sound of the guys voice! haha You could try it keep smiling to see if it helps you worry less.X

Thursday, July 5th 2018, 1:44pm

Thanks Bbird - will give anything a go! xx

Saturday, July 7th 2018, 9:30pm

Hey ladys hows every one .blossom how did you get on starten sprays today?keepsmiling you haven long to wait now this week comming in now your starten is it.Bbird are you starting to feel the the overies getten bigger yet are you for ec this week.

Reg: Feb 4th 2018

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 2:04am

Hi Babydream, spray was fine but I’m a little worried as I’m quite blocked from hayfever. The nurse had said as long as the spray hits the membranes in the nose it will work. But I ant help but worry that my hayfever will interfere!

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 6:29am

Ive hayfever to and air bourne allergies. As soon as i take mine i sneeze even with allergie tablets but nutse told me the same.so lets just trust shes right.

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 8:38am

Hi Babydream and all!
Yep I start tabs on Wednesday..... as my hubby likes to remind me every morn when we wake.... Now on day 18!
Excited would be an understatement! As hubby says..... this is the start - stage 1 and won’t be long till we’re on injections and then a scan etc etc..... I’m so excited! So hard not to be!
I’m not on the sprays but my only thoughts is that they wouldn’t give them out if they didn’t work..... so you’re all doing great and it will work! Here’s to BFPs all round in a few weeks time...... ps nice to say weeks now.... long time coming round

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 10:48am

I know chick once you start meds time dosen be long flyen in.times slippen away on me i need to get my hair roots done this week because i dont wanta be getting them done for a while if i do end up pregnant in case i take a reaction to the bleach or some thing like that and they say you shoulden colour your hair while pregnant.

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 1:07pm

Yes def get hair done this week....... cause you’ll be pregnant in a couple of weeks and can’t get done then!!!
Ps Have to keep positive cause then we’ll get our BFPs xx

Odi

Ace

• "Odi" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2018

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 3:39pm

Hi all

So just back from a week in Portugal at a family wedding. Trying to remember to take sprays was a minefield had a reminder on my phone but was still 30 mins to an hour early or late each day. I’m on day 48 of down reg. only got to Wednesday till I start the sprays. It’s all going fast as have been supper busy.

I haven’t had time to really be good with everything. And I can’t really remember if there is anything during stimming that you should be doing. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Babydream when’s your ex/transfer?
Icsi #1- 9/5/11, Chemical
Icsi #2- Bfp 10/11/11, Miscarry 7 weeks
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss
Fet #1- 31/5/13 twins 12/3/14

Bbird

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 8:06pm

Hey all, seems like we are all getting into the thick of it now as by end of this week you will all have started!

I am defo more bloated and tired so hoping that means ovaries are getting bigger! I have another scan tomorrow morning and then EC later in the week hopefully.

I agree about hay fever - clinic told me to stop taking antihistamine/allergy tablet once I started injections so defo feeling it more. Trying to see the good weather as a positive as it means we are getting lots of vitamin D!

I've just being staying away from the normal stuff during stimming - drinks/too much coffee - and trying to make sure my protein intake is good. I had been doing my normal walking and yoga, but yesterday went for a 30 minute gentle walk and was nearly out of puff by the end of it! Thinking it's a combo of meds, hay fever and heat so might not be able to do too much for next wee while.

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 8:11pm

Bbird - would u recommend just walking over next few weeks? Also did u completely cut out coffee / tea or just reduce? So exciting now for u....... you’re doing great! xx

Bbird

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 8:56pm

I think you just need to go with what your body tells you. I was totally fine on the Norethisterone (my down reg med) - it was only towards the end of it that I found myself bloated and so wee bit uncomfortable, then I got that chest infection so was knocked out for a few days. I can defo still go walks now, but just not pushing myself. When I rang the clinic and asked about the swimming on day 9 of injections there, the nurse said it was OK if it was a swimming pool and it was a gentle swim. I didn't actually end up going, but obviously there advice towards the end of stimming is gentle exercise.

I haven't reduced my tea at all, coffee I only ever have one a day - I'm a veggie that's why I'm keeping an eye that my protein intake is good - it normally is, but just making extra sure around now.

I feel very fortunate as I only have bloating and tiredness - I was expecting worse. Although I still have two more days of injections so maybe it will all kick off tomorrow!! LOL

How are you all feeling?

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 9:25pm

Awh thanks Bbird - I start norethisterone on Wednesday and just good to hear how others getting on!
Appreciate advice etc xx

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 10:37pm

Hey ladies.odi protien is the only thing im doing this time. Bbird im veggie to any good protien tips?clinic never told me to stop allergie tablets even last time i asked and the said it was fine not sure i trust these nurses now!!good luck with the scan in the morning hope those eggs are fat and juicie o gosh your nerly there.let us know how you get on

Bbird

Monday, July 9th 2018, 10:19am

Yeah, I think it totally depends what nurse you get - perhaps mine was just being overly cautious.

All good this morning and taking trigger tonight and egg collection on Wed - feels mad to be at this stage after such a long wait.

Protein wise I've upped my broccoli (more protein per 100g than a steak lol!), upped the peas, spinach and mushrooms, oats for brekkie, adding natural pea protein to porridge/chilli etc, have been using some quorn as it's got lots of protein, eating Arla 20g protein yoghurts and every three days I've had a natural protein shake. I normally do all the first stuff anyone, only thing I have really added is the protein shake every couple of days.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE