You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "My Time" started this thread

Reg: Feb 19th 2011

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 7:43pm

Maya Massage

Hi girls, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Maya massage? I am about to embark on my third and final ivf and considered trying it (in for a penny and all that!). I made initial enquiries though and it seems very expensive. £180 for consultation. They claim to increase success rates to 92% when used with IVF. Sounds like a bit of a bizarre claim to me but hard not to be tempted to find out more. Would be interested to hear if anyone else looked into it/tried it.
Thanks ladies xx

Reg: May 18th 2015

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 9:47pm

hi sorry no i havnt heard of that before, although im very interested.
where do you get it done? xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 10:17pm

It’s Logan’s well-being and medical, in Belfast. Don’t know if there are many other practitioners about.

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 11:18pm

Hi my time, hope your well and good luck with your next cycle. Back in Jan 17 I started my treatment with Logan's..i spent nearly 2000 on treatments, consultations, vitamins and Iv with drugs. This was over a 6month period, in life I try to have no regrets and I did really enjoy it, Hannah and Fiona were great but for me it didn't work but did make me feel good. My consultant strongly disagreed with it all and was cross that I had spent so much money so after my consultation with him in April I made the decision to finish my prepaid treatments at Logan's and draw a line. I got so engrossed in it and really thought that it would work but sadly it didnt. I think a fertility reflexologist has more experience and for a third of the price will help you relax and unwind just the same if not more. xx

Friday, March 16th 2018, 7:34pm

Thanks wannabe. That’s a lot of £££. Couldn’t afford it but I would try my best to get it saved if I thought it would make a difference! Do u mind saying who your consultant is, or even your clinic? I’m with GCRM and when I asked receptionist at maya clinic she said they work “hand in hand” with GCRM. Haven’t spoken with GCRM yet to see what they say but with my last cycle I did acupuncture and when I told Dr T at the review appt he shrugged and said no proof it’s of benefit. Think I’ll ask GCRM what they think. As I said as it’s my last cycle I want to give it my all. But don’t have an endless supply of £ either!

Friday, March 16th 2018, 8:56pm

I'm at the Royal on the NHS my Consultant also works in GCRM and I promise you he does not work hand in hand with them he just said to me I've wasted so much money on something that they claim helps but there is no proof as such. Definitely speak to the clinic directly even your consultant if you can just before you would embark on it.

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 11:11pm

Maya massage

hi there. I’ve been through all the process with Ruth Ellen Logan and in my opinion you might as well throw ur money in the Lagan! A terrible waste of money. I wish someone had warned me.
The treatments I had were pathetic, she did the first one which was great admittedly but the rest were useless. My hubby could have done a better job.
Please don’t waste your money with this horrid woman

Marcy

Reg: Mar 11th 2017

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 3:27pm

I have to say I agree with Fairyxo, I spent over £1500 with Ruth Ellen Logan last year with no success. I went for a consultation and before I knew it had signed up for a course of massages, walked out with a bunch of herbs and vitamins and was put on a gluten free, dairy free, sugar free diet. She is very good at selling but thankfully I didn’t go for the IV vitamins that she pushed on me so much ( I think these worked out at £350/£400 a go). That being said, I did enjoy the massage experience and felt like it gave me a little bit of control in the world of infertility but it is just so expensive and in my opinion is not worth it. My advice would be to stay clear, I also wish someone had warned me prior to my first consultation!

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 8:28pm

Thank you ladies. I have taken your advice (lost my £50 deposit) but it has prob saved me afortune in the long run xx

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 9:50pm

Find yourself a good fertility reflexologist and start a few weeks before you start your journey it definately helped me relax and in 7 sessions spent 180quid were it cost 90 a session in Logan's it's just crazy money xx