You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tvt

Reg: Oct 16th 2016

Monday, February 26th 2018, 5:53pm

I am so sorry to read this Martha xxx

Reg: Aug 8th 2017

Monday, February 26th 2018, 8:41pm

So sorry to hear this Martha x

Lyn

Ace

Reg: May 21st 2010

Monday, February 26th 2018, 9:07pm

Daisy, congratulations, exciting times ahead x

Martha, my heart is just heavy reading your message, as have been there and feel your pain!! Look after your wee self... sending the biggest hug x
Lyn

'10&'12FET:BFN:
'13:BFP:
'15FET:BFP:m/c6wk
'17:BFP:m/c7wk
18:BFN:

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Monday, February 26th 2018, 9:08pm

Martha so sorry to hear this . Life is cruel . Xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

tansy34

Reg: Jan 10th 2018

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 8:53am

Martha, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you are looking after yourself xx

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 9:57am

Hi girls thank you for your kind words. Life is slowly returning to normal ..if that’s even possible . Time to pull on the big girl pants . Lynn & Mrs 2017 so sorryto hear of your experiences I I wanted to ask how long it was before the physical symptoms bleeding to stop, cycle to return etc happened . I know mentally this will stay with me for a while but that’s to be expected , a journey of 16months in culmination can’t be forgotten over night. I was in a shop yesterday and saw a sign which had this quote ‘Don’t cry because it’s over , smile because it happened’. This and having found 2 white feathers in random places in the house has diffinately made me smile again .

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 11:30am

Martha- it’s very tough be gentle with yourself.

I sadly had a silent miscarriage last, identified at my early scan. I bled a lot heavier and longer than normal- probably 10 days. My cycle returned to normal the next month. But I am sure everyone is different.

After my recent failed cycle- I think everything is so tougher with all the hormones etc. I am still upset/ disappointed but feel I can think more rationally without feeling physically unwell. Can’t wait to the weather improves to get out walking/ running to clear my head and make future plans.

Take care of yourself.

Reg: May 18th 2015

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:42pm

Hi girls
Martha I’m sorry to read your news sending ❤️

Tansy34 how have you found everything? Did you have prostap injection? I get mine on Friday 9th .. paid for drugs the other day it all seems so real now xxx

CQCQ yes 9th is my day 21 is that yours too? We will be starting at the same time then we can keep each other sane
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018
:dust:

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 1:58pm

Yeah sparkle all being well I will start on 9th to do that’s good!! I will know for definite on Monday morning!! Almost there o suppose!!!

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 3:05pm

Martha I have to be honest physically I recovered in about 2 weeks total but mentally I still haven’t fully got over it (if that’s the right words ) I still have very down days thinking I should be 20 weeks etc and I dread what should have been my due date but most days as you say I am just greatful that I actually was pregnant for the 1st time in my life and hope that I will be again soon . Physically I had heavy awful bleeding and terrible pain for
About 5 days In total and continued to bleed with no pain for about a week or so after this (just like a period ) ...I then had a longer cycle than usual (by about 10 days ) the hormones can cause havoc with your cycle so be prepared that things may not go back to normal right away ... I seem to have regular enough cycles now tho (I’m in 3rd cycle since Mc)

You sound like a strong woman just have hope that it worked even just for a while and that if you go again at least you know it can work ... really sorry that it ended like this for you xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 7:05pm

Mrs 2017 thank you so much for your reply. To be honest inside my heart is broken and whilst i’mso grateful to know that it worked I honestly had not thought this would happen . Even now I’m sitting thinking this day last week I was saying three more sleeps to test day.. crazy what can happen in a week. My joy has turned to sadness and I have gone from looking forward to events in the next few months ( when bump would have come along) to absolutely dreading them. On a positive note though having this forum and reading about how many woman have had this and gone on to have a successful pregnancy is what has made me vow never to give up . Just have to keep doing the lottery now ::P

tansy34

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 11:23am

Hi Sparkle 10, I didn't have that injection. I am on Menopur and Cetrotide. I was really overwhelmed when we got all the drugs, very much felt as though we had been left to our own devices with them, but once I sat down and worked out what was what, I felt better.

My initial scan was disappointing as I am not responding as well to the drugs as I should be at this stage. I am only on 150 menopur because of high AMH. I will find out later if I need to up my dose. The Consultant said this cycle could be abandoned which would be disappointing, I feel I have waited for so long already. What does are you on?

Has anyone had this experience before and needed their menopur increased? x

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 8:48am

hi tansy, im starting on menopur too although because my amh was slightly low they have me on 300 menopur, for thr first two days thsts 300 twice a day :pinch:

they seem to have alot of room to up your medication so hopefully they do that and you start responding. where are you having treatment tansy? xxxx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 8:50am

CQCQ how you feeling now? not long until the 9th now.. im getting nervous. have you been taking any vitamins or any special diet tricks before you start? xxx :)
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

Gyte

Reg: Jan 24th 2018

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 10:21am

Hey girls. Im in spray already for 11 days. My period get late , tomorrow is a last day if not I need to contact them. I really start to worry about that.. maybe someone have experience about it whats gonna be if its not gonna come until tomorrow

CQCQ

Ace

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 7:02pm

Hi sparkle .... I dnt think it has really sunk in yet that it is so close lol I have just been taking seven seas trying for a baby multivitamin!! I’m also going to reflexology on Tuesday for the first time... but that is just more to relax and keep the stress levels down!! Other than that I’m just going to try living my life as normal.... I know some people was cutting out tea etc but I don’t think a cuppa tea will stop me getting pregnant at this stage lol obviously I will stay as healthy as possible but I’m not going to put extra pressure on myself as it’s going to be tough enough!!
If I thought there was scientific evidence behind eating this and that etc then absolutely I would do it, and I will ask the nurses on Monday what is there advice!! What about you? X

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 7:44pm

Hi Gyte, Thursday was my day to call and mine literally came on the day, and very light, but flow is flow so I'm firing on, due to start injections on Wednesday.

Gyte

Reg: Jan 24th 2018

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 8:15pm

Fifs thanks for answer . I really feeling paint like its before period but still nothing.
Emotional I feeling brake down.
Crying all day, bad mood , fiance hard cope with me and its not helps a lots.. I hope is gonna get better

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 9:03pm

hi CQCQ
i have been taking mulitvitamin too and trying to only have one cup of coffee a day, thats good for me coz im a coffee addict.
i have been having reflexology for a month now once a week and i love it. are you going to someone who speciaslises in fertility reflexology? :)
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 10:02pm

I would only have 1 coffee a day to and to be honest I cld do with out it.... but cldnt do without tea lol my hubby on the other hand is like you.... an addict lol so iv swooped him to decaf but he has managed to get swooped back lol he’s a lost cause!! Yeah it will be fertility reflexology, is that what yours is? X

Lyn

Ace

Reg: May 21st 2010

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 12:17am

Martha, hope you feeling brighter soon!! The emotional side of a loss, no matter how early is so so difficult, as the moment you see that positive result you have the next 9 months laid out in your head! But as Mrs 2017 said...it is positive that you got pregnant!! Really hope you get success in the not so distant future!
When I had my m/c... my bleed following and my next period were heavier than usual! My cycle took about 3 months to get back on track... but I guess everyone is different! Hope physically & emotionally you feel better soon! Look after yourself & it's ok to feel down... you've just experienced so many highs and lows in a short period of time!! It defo is like a rollercoaster!! Big hugs x
Lyn

'10&'12FET:BFN:
'13:BFP:
'15FET:BFP:m/c6wk
'17:BFP:m/c7wk
18:BFN:

Reg: Mar 4th 2018

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 4:48am

Hi everyone,

I’ve been hiding in the background reading all the threads and trying to educate myself for the past few months and they bring me so much joy and relief but I still have part of me that’s absolutely terrified for the journey ahead! We discovered about 4 years that my partner was infertile with a zero sperm count and diagnosed with klinefelters syndrome on top of it. It was a lot to take it but we dealt with it well, I think we had both subconsciously known that he would never have his own biological child and that was ok! After our first app at the RFC our tests came back that I then had low ovarian reserve which was totally unexpected and really just knocked me. I can’t remember the exact number and didn’t really understand all these levels so I asked him to put it into years and he said I’m about 10 years ahead of maturity I don’t remember much else from the app, I think my brain went into shock and shut down.. This shattered me as I was only 25 at the time. So all I can think about is I’m a ticking time bomb at the minute and every period is lessening our chances. Due to how advanced things are with me, ICSI with donor sperm is our only option so we signed the documents on 23rd August 2017 and now it’s just a waiting game!

Can someone fill me in on what’s the procedure now? We were told it’s a 10month waiting list which will leave us around June so what happens then? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :-)

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:29am

Hi Bubbles, we were ICSI with donor sperm. Unfortunately the waiting list for donor sperm seems to be alot longer than the normal waiting time. We waited 12 months to get to the top of the list. We then received a letter saying we had reached the top and would we call to arrange an appointment. We had our first blood screening appointment and chat with embryologist to choose our donor. 2 weeks after that we had an appointment with a fertility nurse who showed us how to take medications and gave us the medication. We then started treatment on day 21 of my cycle. I was on nasal spray for 3 weeks followed by injections for 2. I had 3 appointments at the clinic in the 2 weeks I was on injections to track the follicle growth. I went in for a Egg collection on 1st Feb and had a 5 day transfer on the 6th Feb. Hope that helps.

Reg: Mar 4th 2018

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 12:08pm

Thank you Anniebell! Yes that is exactly what I wanted to know. It’s such a frustrating wait when you know that time is running out for me and that this is our one and only chance unless we go private but financially that just isn’t doable yet.

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 12:45pm

I more than understand and the wait for donor sperm was horrendous for us. We kept see if people on here bypassing us on the list. Not their fault of course, we were just on a different list. We unfortunately are back to waiting again. Wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 2:02pm

hi bubbles , i was told when i joined the list in october its around 10 months tho i dont know if ivf and icis have the same waiting lists. i was the same as you i was on here reading about everything for ages before i posted anything. its just so nice to have others to talk to that understand what we are going through. i have low amh as well so i know how it feels to be told that when you are not expecting it ;( x

CQCQ yes im having fertility reflexology from a lady in randalstown, she is amazing. i really feel its helping me even just to relax. where are you having yours at?xx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 2:50pm

I’m going to a girl in Rasharkin , that’s all I’m looking for at this stage really... just to keep relaxed!! When do you go to collect your meds or what? Is this a private cycle for you? My appt is tomorrow so I would say there will be very little sleep tonight lol how you feeling now? X : D

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 7:49pm

yes this is s private cycle. what about you? and are you with GCRM ( i cant remember if i asked you that) i am down for my nhs go but it wont be untill august time roughly.
yes im just doing it for relaxation too..
ill collect my meds on friday when i go for my prostap injection. : D
what are you doing at your appointment tomorrow? im excited for you x
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

tansy34

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 8:53pm

Hi Sparke, I'm at GCRM too. Will find out tomorrow if the increased dose of Menopur has worked. Praying I can continue on this cycle! xx

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:05pm

fingers crossed for you it has worked :goodluck:
let us know how you get on.

how have you found GCRM so far? xx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

tansy34

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:22pm

thanks Sparkle, will keep you posted. I've only had one scan so far, so hard to tell yet but the nurses are helpful if I've had any queries. xx

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:27pm

tansy how have you been feeling with the increased dose of menopur [zx216]
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

tansy34

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:38pm

I can definitely feel a bit of activity in/around my ovaries. I'm hoping it has worked! Do you have your protocol yet?x

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:49pm

hmmmmm i dont know what do you mean by protocol ?o(
lol should probably know all the terms at this stage x
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:27pm

I’m with RFC and this is my NHS and first ever go!! I will get my schedule tomorrow and all the meds!! Havta leave at 7am tomorrow so it’s an early start lol but can’t wait!! X

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:39pm

Protocol is just the name for the different types of ways / drugs they can try and stimulate your ovaries with to produce eggs - what protocol you will be on depends on scans/amh etc x
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:43pm

CQCQ how exciting :thumbsup2:
have you got far to travel? will you be starting your meds tomorro like is tomorrow your day 21?
:goodluck:
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 10:46pm

thank you mrs r xx

tansy i have all my list of drugs ill be taking and i pick them up on friday.
i get my prostap on friday and then i have a scan again in 2 weeks to make sure everything is quiet and ready for stimulation.
do you have a time for your scan tomorrow? xxx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sparkle10" (Mar 4th 2018, 10:48pm)

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 11:01pm

Normally less than an hour away but with the traffic and trying to get into the car park that will add on over an hour I’m sure lol no day 21 is Friday!! Will be taking the meds home tomorrow tho!! I’m off work all this week to so Friday will b here in no time I wld say!! Excited and nervous!!!! Eeekkkk

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 11:07pm

CQCQ omg so our day 21 are the exact same happydance
we can keep each other updated..
how old are you if you dont mind me asking? xxx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 11:34pm

I know I will have your head tortured so I will apologise now lol I’m 28. What about you? Do you know what your fertility problem is or are you unexplained? Obviously you don’t have to say....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CQCQ" (Mar 4th 2018, 11:36pm)

tansy34

Monday, March 5th 2018, 11:24am

Hey Sparkle, my scan this morning showed a bit of progress, and I am continuing with my increased dose. So grateful to be able to keep going. I am back on Friday morning so we may run into each other at the clinic. All the scans are early morning generally so you can go before work. Do you have a time for Friday? xx

Monday, March 5th 2018, 1:51pm

hi CQCQ
yes i have no fallopian tubes due to ectopic pregnancy. had them both removed as they were so damaged.
im 33 just past there.
how did you get on today? i just had reflexology this morning and im home and on the sofa.xxx

tansy thats brill at least there is progress and you are still going .
yes im in at 10am friday morning what about you?
how was your amh level when they tested you ? mines was lowish so im thinking ill be getting my drugs upped etc too when the times comes but who knows. xxx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

tansy34

Monday, March 5th 2018, 5:28pm

Sorry to hear that Sparkle. That must have been very painful and tough on you. I am in at 7.30am on Friday so our paths won't cross this time, but I'm sure I'll be in and out next week. My AMH is very high (44!) due to PCOS which is why I was started on a low dose. I'm at risk of OHSS. I guess they will know what to put you on based on all your history and levels, it really is a different protocol for everyone. I'm sure you're excited to get started xx

Monday, March 5th 2018, 5:44pm

oh thats high isnt it.. mine is 10.3 or something like that although the amh test from rfc came back at 12.8 so it must vary.
how old are you tansy if you dont mind me asking? ( i cant remeber if i asked you that yet )
aw so ill miss u on friday.. maybe next time.. ill maybe be there from 7.30 waiting patiently because ill be so excited :snigger:
yes the ectopic was hard on me but im ready for ivf now and im just glad to be alive, ectopics are so dangerous and mine had ruptured so i was lucky they got me to surgery when they did xxx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Monday, March 5th 2018, 7:53pm

Goodness sparkle that is scary!! Good to see you are very positive!! I have reflexology tomorrow and I can’t wait lol ohh and seems I can’t count to 21.... as my day 21 is actually on Thursday haha and I’m pleased to say I got my schedule today so it’s all systems go!!! X

Monday, March 5th 2018, 8:00pm

CQCQ so do u start on thursday? im so jealous lol i cant wait until friday .
did you get all your meds today? does it seem like there are loads ? :xxx:
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Monday, March 5th 2018, 10:08pm

Yeah Thursday is the big day!! It does seem like a lot when you are carrying the bag out with loads of boxes and instructions but I have just sat and read over it al there and it’s not actually that bad!! I just can’t wait to get it started now, first 20 days I will just be taking a tablet 3 times a day so that will probably be the slowest part!!

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 8:01am

aw ok so you are not on the spray? when i first joined on here it seemed like everyone was on the spray and i had never even heard of it. but i know now there are lots of different protocols. i get an injection on friday and it takes 2 weeks to work so once friday is over i have nothing to do again for 2 weeks roughly ( except come on here and discuss side effects :teehee:
but we are on the right track now.. have you any time booked off work? xx
sparkle
me 33
IVF march 2018

CQCQ

Ace

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 4:58pm

No I haven’t booked any time off yet but I will sort all that out with my manager next week!! I really don’t know what to do about work, whether to try work through it all or book time off or just go off sick if I feel I need it!! Oh that’s good, I’m scared I’m going to forget to take this tablet 3 times a day... that’s a lot to remember!!lol no, no sprays for me either!! X