You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lilly16

Reg: Mar 13th 2017

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 10:49pm

Hi pup im so sorry to hear ur news, look after urself and take time to yourself.
I had a awful few days with migraines there but that god its passed now due to start my injections tomorrow did everyone take them at 6 pm on the dot or what time? Will have a check up on wed so see how its working.

Wishing everyone luck with there collections and transfers

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 11:51pm

Congrats tansy, hopefully the ohss starts to ease so you can enjoy your bfp!

Lilly I took my injections within about a 45min window each day, usually just after spray between 7-7.30ish.

Great to hear ecs going well too

Reg: Jul 11th 2017

Friday, March 30th 2018, 7:11am

Congratulations Tansy, that’s fantastic news, although shame about OHSS, it’ll hopefully ease for you soon.
Did you transfer 1 or 2? Any Frosties?

Holly, did they give an indication of when transfer would be? They told me:
Day 2 transfer if 2 or less embryos
Day 3 transfer if 2 embryos are ‘out in the lead in terms of quality’
Day 5 transfer if on day 3 there are 3 or more top quality embryos.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, March 30th 2018, 8:11am

That is fantastic Tansy, congratulations!! :thumbsup: from before I knew what it was to the end I think about 5 weeks, it was awful but I was so excited to have my bfp and quite out of it tbh :) they had to drain a lot of fluid from my abdomen and lungs. Consultant said PhD’s hormones helped the pregnancy xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, March 30th 2018, 5:34pm

Clinic phoned me this morning to say that 7 of my 10 eggs have fertilised. Transfer scheduled for Sunday but might be postponed until Tuesday if there are 3 good quality embryos. I’m satisfied with that, the next 48 hours will reveal a lot depending if they continue to develop ‘normally’. Won’t hear until just before we are scheduled to leave for clinic.
I’m very sore, very tender swollen belly, dr told me he had to untuck my ovaries from behind my uterus during retrieval so think I’m suffering the consequences of that manipulation at the moment.
Hope everyone well and staying hopeful xo

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Friday, March 30th 2018, 7:13pm

Great mewsbabe well done!! X

Reg: May 18th 2015

Friday, March 30th 2018, 10:19pm

excellent news tansy im delighted for u i hope you are feeling better soon xxxx

mewsbabes thats great news too well done xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

Fifs

Ace

Friday, March 30th 2018, 11:18pm

That's great mewsbabes! Although the untucking sounds unpleasant!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 7:23am

Fantastic mewsbabe Hope you are not so sore today? Everything is crossed for you xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

tansy34

Reg: Jan 10th 2018

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 8:23pm

Thats great news Mewsbabes. Hope you're making a good recovery from your EC.

Thank you Sparkle. How are you getting on? xx

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 3:13pm

hi tansy, im good im still down regulating ive been back for my bloods 3 times and ive to go again in the morning for more bloods. they are down to 3.3 now (the level of LH hormone) they want them at 2.5 or below so pleaseeeeeeeeee be down tomorrow then it means i can get started. did you down reg with prostap? im just glad they are making sure im ready before i start i suppose x hopefully it will be good news for easter monday.
how are you feeling tansy? have you been told to take it easy or anything? xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 4:41pm

Happy Easter everyone,

Got the call from the clinic to say it will be a 5 day transfer. Embryologist said it was too difficult to tell them apart and they are all doing really well still. From past experience between day 3 and day 5 there is a strong possibility that we will lose several embryos so hopefully there will be 2 good ones for them to transfer. My poor acupuncturist has been on standby since Thursday, was even willing to see me today If it has been a 3 day transfer!

I hope you all are having a ‘day off’ and eating plenty of Easter eggs. I’ve had so many mini eggs I feel ill ::P

Xoxox

Fifs

Ace

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 4:44pm

Brill that they're all doing so well mews.
I've ate myself sick with chocolate today... Don't regret a thing!!

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 4:58pm

Mewsbabes what is the story with acupuncture? I have just looked into it there this week but the man is away on holidays until 9th, would you recommend it? Well done btw that is great news! X

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 5:45pm

CQCQ I’ve done Acupuncture with a few treatments I’ve had over the years. I thoroughly recommend it, if anything, I feel like I’m doing absolutely everything in my power to make it work. My acupuncturist recommends starting just before your cycle to get your body in balance. Every piece of literature I have read on getting a successful outcome always recommends it. That doesn’t mean it’s going to work every time as I’ve had a failed cycle with it, but I feel like I’m doing all that I can.

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 6:24pm

Hi girls just wondering can any one help me- we have pre treatment consultation on Thursday 5th april and day 21 of my cycle will be next Sunday does this mean I can start with our meds on Sunday? As in do you get your treatment plan at the RFC on Thursday or do they post it out to you?

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 6:31pm

Hi hopeful going by your dates you should get your meds on the 5th and start on Sunday but it depends on what their timetable is like . Mines fell the same and they made me wait until my next cycle on day 21 as there was to many people booked in. Good luck hope you get to start next week :thumbsup:

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 6:41pm

Hi Martha thanks for the reply..just chatting to a friend who has also went through icsi and she mentioned just because my day 21 is on sunday doesn't mean we can definitely start on Sunday but I was secretly hoping things have changed a bit since she went through the process (it's been over 5 years since she done icsi) we have been on the list over a year now and seems to be delay after delay...here's hoping we can start next week...hope your keeping well? X

Martha1

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 6:57pm

Hi Hopeful I’m doing good. The wait is really awful. We are still contemplating our next move on whether to try again or not. If the treatment hadn’t worked we probably would have started again by now but because it worked and didn’t stick.. it sounds awful but I’m so scared of the disappointment again. I always thought I would keep going no matter what but having been through it’s a different story. Good luck with your appointment :)

tansy34

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 6:15am

Good luck for your bloods today Spark;e. I hope you get the right result. I was on norethisterone to shut down my cycle. I am feeling ok apart from the ohss but feel like I have turned a corner this weekend. I have also developed insomonia which I think can be a pregnancy symptom. I am not complaining though.

Mewsbabes, best of luck for your transfer. Will you have two blastocysts put back in? xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tansy34" (Apr 2nd 2018, 6:20am)

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 8:12am

All being well Tansy in that we’ve something half decent to transfer, I’ll insist they put 2 back, we have 2 ticked on our form. How many did you have transferred?

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 9:18am

Did anyone experience a late period, if so what was outcome? I had to call rfc if it didn't arrive today so if still no word Wednesday I have to go for a scan. Really hope it comes later I can feel it coming on. Fingers crossed x

Reg: Feb 14th 2017

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 10:02am

Hi ladies, been a bit quiet on here recently. I started synarel on thursday, nice to see some of you are going through the down regs along with me! Just a quick qu for anyone on synarel, I've only once or twice tasted anything from it and don't really have any side effects, maybe a slight headache for an hour or so. Has anyone else taken it and not had much reaction? Just have a bit of a fear that I'm not doing it right! Also, for everyone at the RFC, are we supposed to have a baseline scan? I know we are supposed to ring if our period doesn't come by a certain day but unsure if get any tests done before stims.
Hope everyone else is getting on well with their treatment/2WW :)

Fifs

Ace

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 11:34am

Hi Rachel, I was the same on synarel. No real side effects and I had a bit of a cold at the start so didn't know if anything was getting through. Started to taste it more at the end.
I was with rfc and didn't get a baseline scan. Period came the day I would have been due to phone so just carried on and started injections as scheduled.
Next appointment was the scan to see if I was responding to injections.
It's a bit nerve-wracking but great to be getting on with it!

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:04pm

My first two cycles I only had the synarel taste every now and again. I'm not doing anything different this time, but taste it every single time. No idea why (but it's gross!)

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:24pm

Martha it's a big decision and not an easy one but just take time to yourself to figure out what your next move is, book a holiday or spa for the 2 of use and try to relax you haven't had it easy...do your research ...would you ever think of going abroad? Wishing you all the luck in the world whatever you decide to do. X

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 3:05pm

Congratulations Tansy! Really pleased for you! Hope the OHSS has eased off a bit and the pregnancy goes well.

Thanks for everyone’s comments! It’s so nice that we can all relate to each other’s treatment and support each other! Just a shame we don’t all have good news! Wishing everyone luck with their treatment xx

tansy34

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 8:11pm

Mewsbabes, I had one transferred. I did ask about two but I was advised against it. Have you had your transfer?

Thank you Pup. I have been thinking about you, and hope you are ok xx

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 8:24pm

Hi Tansy, transfer earlier today. We had 4 blasts, 2 grade A, 1 grade A- and 1 grade B-. The embryologist was in a flap and came running into the room saying urgent urgent we need to talk about only transferring 1. But I stood my ground, with my husband as back up and said no, 2 transferred please. Had to sign a form and they went ahead and transferred the 2 grade As, freezing the other 2. I just felt that (at 38) I had to do it, in the vain hope that at least 1 sticks. We will see, long way from test date!!

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 10:16pm

are you feeling any better tansy? xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Jun 1st 2017

Children: Praying

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 2:59pm

Hi everyone, hope use don't mind me joining. Have been following the thread and all of your journeys. Wasn't sure whether to post or not :) . My journey long story short is I'm about 3 quarters through treatment. Ours started June last year. Developed mild OHSS, had egg collection on 22nd August last year, they collected 15 eggs, and 13 mature enough to freeze. Unfortunately on day of egg collection my partners sperm decided to disappear and drop to zero, he had biopsy and they still couldn't find any, they were talking about sending us to England for a procedure and finishing treatment there. After that they accidentally forgot about us and we had no app for months. Fast forward my partner finally had another sperm test in Feb and its back : D . Still waiting to hear how were moving forward. It really is a long and emotionally draining journey for us all. Wishing use all luck and love on yours :)

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 3:39pm

Hey Cheryl what a long journey for you both, wish you all the best over the next few months and hope that you are not waiting much longer. That would be a hard one when you were so close. Good luck x

Lilly16

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 4:51pm

Was up today for scan and bloods and literly made it home 1.5hours down the road and i ring for my results and i need to increase my injections and dont have enough to do me so they wanted me to come back up to collect new script thankfully my friends come together to collect and deliver them to me save me a round trip next scan is monday so heres hoping all works out.
Ive been thinking of asking for two transfers why are they so against it?

CQCQ

Ace

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 5:07pm

Cheryl any tips on how to get good mature eggs as you sound like an expert lol

Lilly that is typical, what injections are you on? And what dose?

What clinics are you both with? It feels like all we are told to do is wait wait wait!! X

Lilly16

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 6:05pm

Im in the Royal belfast currently taking bemfola 225 now increased to 300 so heres hoping all is ok on monday as my collection is planned for Wednesday nxt week

What stage are u at CQCQ

• "Daisydo" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 6:23pm

Lilly as far as I am aware if it's an NHS cycle they've a strict policy on only one embryo tranfefed for a 5 day tranfer they do transfer 2 for a 3 day transfer that's what I had, I think it's because a multiple pregnant is high a risk pregnant and they don't want to take chances, id be the same tho and prob would of wanted to take the chance if it came to it x

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 6:34pm

Along with the risk of a multiple pregnancy clinics are actually fined by the HFEA if their multiple pregnancy numbers are above a certain level. I was told that by a Dr at Origin a few years back.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mewsbabes" (Apr 4th 2018, 6:36pm)

Martha1

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 7:18pm

Hi Mewsababes
If you pay for treatment do you have more of a say ? I had two put in during my NHS treatment due to my age. If we proceed privately as I am 38 I’d like to think it would be my choice and it wouldn’t be annout and out no ....3day or 5day .

• "Daisydo" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 7:29pm

Martha I think anyone paying for treatment should get a free night away and 5 course dinner after their transfer for the price ye have to pay lol but ud like to think if your paying for it it will be your choice how many x

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 7:46pm

Hi Martha,

I am at GCRM this cycle and when I got the call to come for transfer, I was told over the phone that due to my age, 38, I would be a candidate for 2 blasts transferred BUT when I got down for transfer the embryologist was having a canary as my blasts were top quality and she was literally begging me to consider 1, but I held firm and said no, transfer 2. They froze another 2 high quality blasts and I got a call today to say that another embryo had made a freezable blast on day 6, so I’ve now 3 Frosties. Hopefully I’ll not need to use them, but good to know I’ve got ‘backup’ :)

CQCQ

Ace

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 8:26pm

Lilly I just started my injections for the first time ever today!! Eekkkk went well I think lol I’m only on 150 menopur so sounds very little compared to everyone else but scan on Monday to see how things are going so we will wait and see!!

Girls use have me seriously considering trying my luck to have 2 transferred if I make it to day 5!! Well done on your 3rd frosty mewsbabe!! X

blessed

Reg: Mar 27th 2018

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 8:56pm

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd add my wee bit in . I'm currently on the 2ww 8| But last week at my scan I thought it was all over when I was told I only had 6 follicles after having 8 three days before . Having had nothing to transfer one other time I just saw history repeating itself but on collection day we go 8 follicles & from those 8 eggs . Only 3 fertilised & we had 2 good eggs put back on day 3. So I'm waiting nervously on next Thursday to come to see if our last try will be a success. 3rd time lucky hopefully x

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 9:09pm

hi there cheryl and blessed glad to hear your stories : D

cheryl hoping everything works out for you xx
wishing you all the luck for your 2ww blessed xx
CQCQ welcome to stimms.. we are only a day apart :thumbup: we can keep each other sane

daisydo your last comment made me laugh out loud x :teehee:

girls if i didnt have this forum i swear id go insane, when i come on here i feel normal again lol x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Martha1

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 9:45pm

Thanks girls and Daisydo you are cracking me up lol can ye imagine a night away lol .

Reg: Jun 1st 2017

Children: Praying

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 10:01pm

Thank you Wannabeee, a long journey it has been indeed, feel like the finish line is a bit more insight now. No denying, at the time it was like the world shattered, but picked myself up and got on, nothing else I can do :) xx

CQCQ- we're with the RFC. What about yourself? As for mature eggs I'm not sure lol I always said id follow some health kick and all of the tips on these forums and websites about how to produce good eggs, and I followed none lol. I did cut out caffeine etc, and took my pregnacare conception but apart from that I lived normally :). So just do you and your wee eggs will follow :). I couldnt believe it either when I had 13 mature enough.! xx

Sparkle thank you, its nice to have somewhere to come and vent/chat where everyone understands what each other is going through, my partner and family are brilliant but they don't fully understand it. Good luck to you xx

Good Luck Blessed on your 2ww xx

Luck and love to you all :)

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 8:30am

Hi blessed, your test day is the day before mine, fingers crossed for us both! How are you feeling today? I would have to say I’m not doing too great. Analysing every move and simply terrified of a BFN. I’m only 2dp5dt :huh:

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 8:34am

Hi Cheryl, my husband unfortunately has no sperm, we had a biopsy to reveal that he doesn’t have the cells to make sperm so no matter how long we waited he would never produce any. It was the worst time of our lives, but we made it through. We ended up using a sperm donor and have been very very lucky to have had 2 healthy boys since, thanks to IVF and some very skilled Drs. Hoping for a 3rd which is why we are here again!

I know exactly how you both feel and I’m really rooting for you. Do you know when fertilisation is going to happen yet? Such a tough journey, but believe me if you’d made it this far, there’s absolutely nothing that will stand on your way now. Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mewsbabes" (Apr 5th 2018, 8:36am)

Gyte

Reg: Jan 24th 2018

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 5:23pm

Hey ladies...
Was really busy at work and was not in the best mood to talk to someone..
My ivf was not successful..
Im in a tears the last couple days. Just locket my self in the house..

Wish you all the best ... god bless you all

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 5:48pm

Oh Gyte, so very sorry to read that. Sending you lots of love. Did your cycle result in any frozen embryos to use? The strength will come to think about the process again, regardless of your decision. But in the meantime, give yourself some time to get through this sadness xx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 5:51pm

Oh Gyte I am so sorry to hear this, so so sorry, sending you lots of hugs and strength xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests