You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bow40

• "Bow40" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2017

Friday, August 25th 2017, 8:06pm

Waiting lists and cuts??

Hi girls,
Does anyone have any information about the proposed temporary changes to waiting times for the RFC? It states that they are proposing any new patients may have to wait until after April 2018?
Not sure if anyone knows what they mean by 'new' patients? We have had initial meeting a few months ago and review meeting in the next few weeks?
Anyone know anything more?
Fingers crosssed

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Friday, August 25th 2017, 11:23pm

Hi I was about to post something similar when i saw your thread. Thanks. We went on waiting list around april 2017 so due to get a letter re icsi Dec 2017 but after hearing there will be cuts from oct to March I'm guessing it will affect all who would be due to receive treatment in that window?!as im thinking if you were just going on the waiting list during that time they would be saving no money by just putting people on a list so likely affecting us waiting for treatment?if that's the case im devastated. We all have to go through so much waiting as it is!hope we can get some clarification!xx

Bow40

Friday, August 25th 2017, 11:29pm

Yes let's hope we do - I think it's just proposals at this stage - so let's hope they get it all sorted before it takes affect. Yeah I think if it goes ahead you will be right. I think they might try clomid with me first - so not sure if that would also be put on hold or just ICSI and IVF?
Good luck to you and let's hope the waits not too long!! X

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 12:10pm

I hadn't heard about this until i read your post but I've looked it up and read a few articles and I think it sounds like new patients means any one who hasn't already been refered to the rfc. I would say of you are already on the waiting list for ivf/icsi then it won't affect you. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking as I'm on the list and hoping to be starting ICSI in the new year. I would say they would have to let us know if anything was affecting us x

Bow40

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 1:04pm

I'm only going for review meeting next month so don't think I'm on the ivf/icsi list at this point. I think the public consultation is to take place in next 6 weeks so maybe the list will go ahead until that point? Good luck - really hope it doesn't affect you! Keep us posted if you hear anything x

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 3:54pm

Hi I was at grove wellbeing yesterday with dr Williamson - we were added to the waiting list for ICSI yesterday . I asked about this and I was told that if I had been added a week ago she would be saying see you in 7 or 8 months but as it stands because I was only added yesterday then she doesn't know how it will pan out . They are calling people from 7 months ago now and that's not going to change they will keep calling people who are already on the list it's new people like myself that may end up being affected but dr Williamson didn't seem to think anything would come of it and it was more a ploy to try and get politicians back to work possibly ? I don't no I really hope it is I will be devastated if we have waited this long then don't even get one go through NHS we have paid tax and national insurance for years and all I have had so far is let downs by NHS .heres hoping that it just stays a proposal but only time will tell :( .. any of you that are already on list a month or more ago will be ok I think either way xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mrsr2017" (Aug 26th 2017, 3:56pm)

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 4:01pm

Thanks Mrsr2017, it's good to hear that. It really is a shame for you and others that aren't on the list. Here in NI, we get the raw end of the deal anyway as other areas in the uk get 3 full cycles and we only get 1 plus a frozen transfer. Fingers crossed it doesn't go through and we all get our chance soon x

Bow40

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 6:19pm

Thanks - that's really helpful. Let's hope it doesn't go through then. Do you know if it only applies to IVF/ ICSI? Or if treatments like clomid etc will be affected as well? Good luck to us all xx

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 7:56pm

Hi,

Although I am not affected by this, as I previously had my nhs cycle at rfc- I am so angry that this is being proposed. Not sure if I am ok to post this, or indeed if these petitions make any difference but I came across this-
https://www.change.org/p/the-permanent-s…orthern-ireland

I hope that this proposal doesn't go through. Unless you have been through it, I don't think people fully get it. It can be such a private matter that it can be hard for our voices to be heard.

Thinking of you all

Joys

Ace

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 2:32pm

Has anyone got an update on this?

I called the RFC to check as we signed our IVF form in May but then in June we're called back to say there was a mistake and due to the fact I have endo, I needed a laparoscopy first. We paid privately for this so we could be put back on the IVF list asap but found out last week this wasn't done and we have our next appt next Wednesday to resign the forms (causing a devastating delay of 5 months). I asked how this proposal would now affect us and was told it only affects new patients but was lead to believe its new patients from October. Does anyone know anything further?

Reg: Sep 14th 2017

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 11:07pm

My understanding of the proposed cuts was that it would affect any patients waiting to be put on the list so those of us currently having investigation etc done. Proposal is out for public consultation and could be shelved. Given other proposed cuts mentioned by permanent secretary, not sure if it is a scare tactic to pick emotive issues that generate public interest to get those eejits up on the hill to bang their heads together and start making decisions over budgets/cuts that affect people in Northern Ireland rather than Westminster making them.

Joys

Ace

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 3:24pm

Had our appt today and been put back on the ivf list but been told these cuts are very likely to happen as the doctors have been told to look at other possible departments to work in during the closure. They have said the list is currently 10-12 months but the cuts will have an impact on our wait so expect it to be 12-18 months as they don't know how they will prioritise people once the clinic reopens.

Seaside

Reg: Feb 26th 2017

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 8:18pm

Hi Joy

Just wondering where you got this info? We were put on the list last week and Dr Abadje told us it was business as usual and wouldn't affect us :s

Joys

Ace

Wednesday, September 20th 2017, 11:50pm

Hi Joy

Just wondering where you got this info? We were put on the list last week and Dr Abadje told us it was business as usual and wouldn't affect us :s
We had appt today at the Grove. We were surprised as when I called a few weeks back was told it will only affect people new to the clinic as I was particularly concerned my appt had been cancelled by them two weeks back, postponing getting back on the list and being affected by the possible cuts. Today our Dr said they were still unclear what's going to happen but even though we are placed on the NHS list, there will be an increase in waiting time due to the closure. We left being told we are on the NHS list but to think about possibly paying privately. It's all very frustrating and unclear.

Joys

Ace

Thursday, September 21st 2017, 12:06am

In fairness, we get told different information every time we go and often the dr leaves the room to check so I might call the RFC tomorrow for an update. I didn't mean to panic anyone, lets hope Seaside your info is accurate. I know our Dr went to speak to Dr Agabje about whether to allow us even on the NHS list if these cuts go ahead and he said to still put us on. So he may still be airing on business as usual until things are confirmed/finalised.

Joys

Ace

Friday, September 29th 2017, 9:58am

Consultation period ends next week so please please can you all complete the questionnaire on the trusts website with your thoughts. The more people who complete it, the more likely our voices will be heard. I believe there is also a petition regarding this.

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 5:13pm

Hi Ladies, i have just signed the online petition regarding proposed cuts which still needs more signatures before the closing date tomorrow 2nd October 2017.
If you havn't signed yet please do it could make a difference! This is the link below . . . . . . .
https://www.change.org/p/the-permanent-s…f_variant=combo

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 6:44pm

Hi bumble. I have also just signed this petition.please everyone take a minute and sign this petition.. It is so heart breaking and disappointing to hear of these cuts affecting us all.. We went on the listing list 29th march so weren't far off getting to the top of the list- as I read on here people who went on the list January are now receiving their top of the list letter...can anyone tell me Will this affect everyone on the waiting list already or new patients who are about to be put on the waiting list??

Jo31

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 7:51pm

Hopefulgirl
I read on another thread a girl that got to the top of the list last week, she rang in to get her dates and was told the cuts mean that dates cannot be set, so it's affecting everyone on the list new and old. Not good news at all.

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 8:50pm

Hopefulgirl, we went on the waiting list at the beginning of April so not long after you. I was also hopeful that it wouldn't be too much longer before we got our letter and got started treatment but from what I'm hearing I'm not so hopeful.
I have also signed the petition and have asked family to sign too.
I also intend to send a response to the proposed cuts to the Belfast Trust. I'm hoping if enough people do this they may change their minds.

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 8:58pm

Hi jo hope your well r u also on the waiting list? Can't believe there is an extra 5 months to wait we were hoping to receive our letter before Christmas just so disappointed as I'm sure everyone is. I believe the decision will be finalised tomorrow? Here's hoping it doesn't come to this.

Jo31

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 11:25am

I'm only on the start of the whole thing, I'm not even on the list yet, just had our first consultation on the last day of August, OH had a test to do and then we have to wait for the 2nd consultation to be put on the list when ever that will be ..... it's just all so hateful having to wait for this, wait for that then wait again, never done with waiting.

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 12:56pm

I really dont think i could mentally wait another 5 months, it has been 2 years since we first started going to appointments and 3.5 years trying! This is torture!

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 7:26pm

Daisydo I feel exactly the same. Time is on hold. I emailed health minister, department of health and the place for the questioning of the proposals begging them to rethink this. I was talking to admin in RFC today who say that they are being given information on a day to day basis, today they were booking appointments, tomorrow maybe not. The whole thing is heartbreaking.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 8:12am

Its impossible to stay positive at this stage, theres been that many set backs it really is beyond a joke, they should have more funding for it not cut backs, everyone should have the right to try for a child. The amount of stuff on the NHS that people take advantage of even when they dont need it and heres cus crying out for help to have a child and getting constant set backs. It just angers me! More people will prob turn to private treatment and the price will most likely rise and il really be screwed then!

Joys

Ace

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 8:57am

Its impossible to stay positive at this stage, theres been that many set backs it really is beyond a joke, they should have more funding for it not cut backs, everyone should have the right to try for a child. The amount of stuff on the NHS that people take advantage of even when they dont need it and heres cus crying out for help to have a child and getting constant set backs. It just angers me! More people will prob turn to private treatment and the price will most likely rise and il really be screwed then!
That's the exact point I made when I responded to the consultation using the questionnaire on the trust website. I believe they are still accepting responses until tomorrow.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:15am

I totally agree Daisydo, Im scundered. Trying to stay positive is so hard when all this is happening. Everytime we get somewhere another setback happens.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:50am

So scundered aswell girls this is so unfair. Does anyone know when the final decision will be? So hard to be patient when we don't know weather were coming or going

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 12:28pm

Id love to phone them to find out how much i would have to pay to go private with them, i am so down and depressed thinking about the extra wait, i should be getting my letter any week now but whats the point in even getting it! Awe girls i am so down about it today :( x

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 1:32pm

We got put on the list 23rd march I rang few weeks ago and was told the list is now 9 months now hearing this I'm devastated, so it will definitely affect us even tho we're near top of the list?

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 4:29pm

Daisydo private ICSI with RFC is around £5k, I'm not sure about other treatments.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 4:49pm

Need 5k fast lol we have been on the list since feb its heart beaking to think that once we get our letter they mite not have an appointment to give us :(

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 8:17pm

Hopefulgirl, the consultation closes on 5th October. Don't know how much longer after that until the decision is made.

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 8:38pm

Thanks maisiemoo. Hoping and praying it doesnt come to this. Hope we hear good news soon girls. The waiting is long and hard without adding an extra 6 months onto it. Finger and toes crossed for us all x

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 9:06pm

I work in another trust, and the trust board meeting is on Friday, the consultation having closed on Thursday! Last time all the trust boards met at the same time, not sure if that's the case this time or not. We were put on the list in May, so should have been called sometime between November and January. Really hope they see sense and don't make these cuts. (We are currently going through a private cycle, but I had convinced myself it would take two goes for success, so panicking about the NHS one!)

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:04pm

I really can't be doing with all this! I've just been getting over the stress of it all and actually just getting to a point where I'm not stressing about it all as o knew I was on the list and moving forward with it all. Now this is really stressing me out again! Do we have any idea when we'll hear what's going to happen? I'm on the list from May so was expecting sometime around jan/Feb time, but another 5months or more on top of this already long wait (almost 3 years ttc and almost 2 years attending rfc) just seems unbearable! :-(

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:54pm

HI all we are in the same position - on the list for ICSI since start of April. Had really hoped to get a letter this side of Christmas to go into the new year excited to be on some kind of journey!
Can't bear to process the outcome if that is not the case! Thinking of you all also. Challenging times x

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:56pm

It's crap, especially when we're disadvantaged already compared to the rest of uk. I wondered if they had the trust board meetings on Friday if they'd announce something the same day.

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 11:09pm

Anyone any news?

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 12:15pm

Sorry, I had said the trust board meeting was yesterday, but it's actually next Friday (13th). At least there's a bit more confidence that they would have time to read and consider the replies.

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 1:54pm

Friday the 13th :-(

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 5:58pm

Aw friday the 13th noway!!!!!

Joys

Ace

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 6:10pm

So does this mean in the meantime, the clinic is still running and taking new appointments / sending out letters or are they still postponing appointments until they know for sure? I'm not expecting my letter anytime soon, but just be good to know.

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 12:10pm

In the meantime the clinic are operating. They are being updated daily whether to send for patients or not. How did you find out meeting would be Friday journeyatob?

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 1:26pm

I work in the northern trust and ours is Friday 13th. The last time all the trusts held their board meetings at the same time as each other, so I was assuming they'll all be the same again. I by no means know for sure! The northern trust website says they're having an extraordinary meeting, but I couldn't find anything on Belfast trust website.

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 5:25pm

Hi all. The meeting is definitely happening on Friday 13th. I've tried to attach the notice about it. Xx
Maisiemoo has attached the following file:
  • 173940961.jpg (119.3 kB - 1 times downloaded - latest: Oct 9th 2017, 1:52pm)

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 7:55pm

We can't attend this can we? Cross everything that they save it

Jo31

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 8:20pm

Some use a 12 o'clock meeting is, when most people work.......and a lot of people don't actually want it to be public knowledge that they are going through the IVF process too, it's a very personal thing.

Jo31

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 8:22pm

Actually read that wrong, thought it was an open meeting

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 9:10pm

The person who started the petition is going to be there so at least we know our cause will be represented. Fingers crossed we get the result we are all hoping for. Xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE