You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Mrsr2017" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 7:51pm

New to this and terrified - endo / sperm issues/ ICSI starting soon Belfast

Hi

I am completely new to all this and I am still coming to terms with the fact we need fertility treatment - I am very up and down and hoping this forum might help to speak to people in a similar situation. A bit of background - my husband has low/slow/immobile sperm so ICSI was our only option (we haven't ever used protection in 5 years but only once we got married last year did I actually send him for the tests even though I knew there must have been something wrong after all that time )

Got results of SA And decided we would go private while waiting for NHS go. Went to GCRM in Belfast for consult in March - had a scan and dr traub advised that I had a low amh for my age (I'm 28 and my amh was 8 )and I had an 8cm cyst on my ovary (big shock as AF is pretty normal or so I thought ).

Had further tests and endometriosis was confirmed . Had laparoscopic excision of the endo at the Ulster clinic in Belfast ( thank god for wedding present money! Lol) but it turned out the endo was a lot worse than feared - I have deep infiltrating endometriosis and ovaries which were stuck together and stuck to my bowel and had 2 x 8 cm cysts . The surgeon was only able to remove one of them so I still have a pretty big cyst stuck to my bowel along with one of my ovaries . The surgeon was great he done his best to make my ovaries accessible for ivf but said that my pelvis was one of the worst he had seen - fab news ! Lol. He advised us to start ivf "sooner rather than later" so here we are . Surgery was a month ago and I started back to work yesterday ( a week earlier than surgeons recommended leave - couldn't take anymore sitting about the house Worrying )

So consent appointment at GCRM in Belfast is this Thursday . Have not a clue what to expect . Next AF is due at start of June but we are supposed to be going to Portugal for a week mid June so not sure if we will have to defer to July or if we can still go on holiday . Will find it on thursday when we pay the big bill!! Still have NHS go as our back up if this one isn't successful although I imagine it will be mid 2018 by the time that comes around .

So that's me - sorry for rambling I am just hoping there are some people out there with some hope for me - feel like we are fighting a losing battle already as every appointment I have had has held bad news - SA results /AMH results(which will now be a lot lower due to unavoidable damage to ovaries during laparoscopy ) / Ovary stuck to bowel/ large cyst living on my ovary and bowel. It just seems like we don't have any luck so far! I am completely devastated. Feel like one minute I'm fine and the next I'm in tears and my hubby doesn't know what to say . And my friends are all having babies and I don't feel like I can talk to any of them about any of this as it wouldn't be fair to bring them down . My family are great and my DH is too - he is very open to adoption if this doesn't work for us as I just can't imagine my life without a family of my own . I'm finding it tough at the minute .sorry for the rant ! Lol x
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 10:24pm

Hello and welcome and rant away!

I'm sorry to hear what a tough time you've been having already. Once you get started it really will feel a lot less scary and daunting - and I wish you nothing but good luck in your journey. Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

• "Mrsr2017" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 11:03pm

Net thanks so much for replying it is really reassuring to see a success story like yours for a bit of hope and positivity ! Thank u xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

Joys

Ace

• "Joys" celebrates his birthday today

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 3:34pm

Hi

I wish you all the luck in the world. Waiting is often so difficult and then so heartbreaking when you get bad news. I've recently been diagnosed with endo but only via an MRI and have three cysts so on the NHS waitlist for a lap but seriously considering going private as worried about them growing further and the endo causing more damage, esp as they said there is possibly an old erupted cyst present (confusing). I'm currently waiting for an update on NHS waiting times for this as been told until I've had this done, I can't have ivf so it's a constant waiting game. It's so difficult when it feels everyone around you are having babies and you have to pretend to be okay, I completely feel for you. Keep us updated on your journey and best of luck on Thursday.. a step in the right direction.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 4:51pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a male factor section HERE there is loads of information here, plus there are others there that know what you're going through.

There is a Male Factor FAQ section HERE which give loads of information about male fertility, tests and helpful tips too.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE