You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ashastar" started this thread

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Friday, January 27th 2017, 4:35pm

Fertility investigations after successful IVF

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if any of you lovely ladies have been in a similar situation as me and can offer any advice.

I was referred to the RFC in Belfast in 2013 after ttc with no success for several years. The consultant did basic tests to check I was ovulating etc and also checked my AMH levels. My DH had a semen analysis. Nothing was found to be wrong with either of us so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. At the time the consultant said she could carry out more detailed tests on me but she felt regardless of the results I would need IVF so she recommended we just go ahead. At the time I was just so anxious for a baby I was happy with this so we went ahead with the treatment. The first cycle failed however I was lucky enough to have a couple of frozen embryos and proceeded with a FET in November 2015 which was successful and I have been blessed with a beautiful son. He's now 19 months old and I would really like to give him a sibling. I still have one frozen embryo however I'm wondering if there is any possibility of conceiving naturally as we don't really have the money at present to pay for private treatment. My question is, does anyone know is it possible to have infertility investigations on the NHS after you have already had IVF? Or do they just assume that because you have had IVF previously you are infertile and will not therefore fund any investigations? I'm just thinking that maybe if the original consultant had carried out a few more tests we might have got to the bottom of my problems and maybe it could have been put right. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE