You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ABCgirl

• "ABCgirl" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Saturday, November 26th 2016, 1:00pm

Immunology testing but none of the 'signs'

I am diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Never had a Positive HPT and never had a miscarriage. In a few months I'll go on the list for IVF. I hate having the unexplained diagnosis. I'm wondering if it's worth getting these immunology tests done before going through IVF. Why not rule it out (or start treatment) beforehand??? I'm willing to pay for it privately... it's a lot cheaper than going through rounds of IVF that could potentially fail. Any thoughts? Will the physicians even agree to see me if I don't have any of the signs of their typical patients? Thanks

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, November 26th 2016, 6:09pm

Unexplained infertility is so frustrating isn't it? My husband and I are also unexplained and as my consultant explained to me there will be a reason but we just haven't found it.

If you do look for further testing then I would advise looking abroad as a lot of the foreign clinics can carry out the testing for a fraction of the price, plus you get a holiday too. After having my son we had 4 rounds of treatment which resulted in 3 pregnancies which sadly all ended as early losses. Our British clinic put it down to bad luck so we had a look around and found a clinic in the Czec Republic that was happy to do additional testing. They did Karyotype testing to see whether there was anything in our genes causing the losses and then other testing on my bloods. They discovered that I had a form of thrombrophilia that causes blood clots around the embryo and I was prescribed extra medication for it. I then had a cycle of IVF with them which unfortunately ended up negative but I was able to take all the results back to my UK clinic who used them to tailor my treatment and we are now due another baby very soon.

It's a very personal choice but with hindsight I wish we had looked at other options sooner. Having treatment abroad wasn't for us but the testing may have made all the difference. If we had done it sooner we could have saved the expense of so many cycles plus the heartache too. However we wouldn't be expecting this little miracle either.

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

ABCgirl

• "ABCgirl" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Monday, November 28th 2016, 8:18pm

Thanks Curlytails for sharing your story. Hadn't even thought of looking overseas.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE