You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "wantabubba" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2011

Friday, October 14th 2016, 10:01pm

How do you know when to stop?

Hi,

Just looking for you advice girls! I have an almost 3 year old from my 3 rd cycle if icsi..he is my world,couldn't love him anymore! In the last year I have had a failed FET and a miscarriage at 8 weeks in trying for a sibling...the miscarriage was devastating. My question to you girls is should I stop trying? Obviously financially it is hard but more so mentally, and I don't want to waste precious time with my son. My DH is great, but even things between us have been alittle strained lately.

When do you know it's time to stop? Or do you ever? I would LOVE another child but can I do this again??

Any thoughts would be appreciated xxx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 7:46am

I have no idea when but I suppose when you do it has to be right for both of you.

My DS is 4 and was result of my 3rd attempt. I was desperate for a sibling and started trying again when he was one. My DH wasn't keen and each cycle I had to really work on him to agree. We went through 6 attempts for #2 and I suffered 3 miscarriages along the way but something told me to keep going. By the 6th cycle I had come to terms that it probably wasn't going to happen and had made the decision to stop trying if it was a BFN or another miscarriage. Amazingly it worked and number 2 is due at Christmas. I also have several frosties so the option to try again if I would like to but I think I know in my heart that this baby will be the last.

Hopefully some other ladies will come along and give you their advice too.

Xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, October 15th 2016, 5:00pm

I had many treatments, they all failed. I stopped because I could not take it anymore. Also I was getting older.
Tha main thing for me was that IVF and treatment was taking over my life.
I hope I'm making sense. Good luck.

• "wantabubba" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2011

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 10:17am

Thanks girls for the replies xx Curlytails I admire your strength to keep going, not long now until your baby is here. Maria72 your decision must have been a hard one, I wish you all the happiness in the world.

I guess I just can't find the courage to stop, I so desperately want a sibling for my ds, and it's even worse now he's asking!! Being an only child myself reaffirms this, I feel I missed out on a lot having no brothers or sisters. I think my DH and I need a long talk about how we move forward, I'm thinking after Xmas we could have one last go.

Thanks again xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 8:10pm

You just have to do wha feels right and go with it.