You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LoopyLotty" started this thread

Reg: Sep 9th 2016

Children: 2 boys - ages 12 and 7 years old

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 10:18am

Merional Injections!! Ouchie!

Hey everyone!

I'm currently on day 3 of my Merional stimming injections and my god ouch do the drugs sting as you inject them!! :( Does anyone know if you're meant to keep your skin pinched as you push the plunger of drugs into you? Or do you release the pinch once the needle is fully under the skin?
Any tips on how to help with the stinging? Does anyone ice the area before they inject, does this help?? I haven't been icing just going straight in which hurts ALOT. My injections are also in the top of my thigh as my doctor wanted me to do them there rather than on my stomach. I read this stings more. lucky me!

I'm also feeling like a total and utter emotional wreck and I've only had 2 injections, is this normal? I feel so wobbly emotionally if this makes sense to anyone? Really hope i'm not going to feel like this for the next 10 days!! :(

Hopefully this will all be worth it....got to keep the goal insight to keep me positive and keep telling myself this.

Also it's hard as whilst my husband is desperately trying to understand and be supportive, he just doesn't get it. How can he when he's not experiencing these emotions and hormones himself in his body? He had a really bad headache last night and was up and down out of bed because of it, i felt bad but i thought geeeees have i kicked up this much fuss over the last 3 weeks with all the side effects i've had. i don't think a man could go through what we do. lol ;-) women are tougher for sure!! haha

Any advice from anyone? Xx

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 12:23pm

Indeed I believe women are tougher lol!

I always injected into my tummy but yes ice the area first it does help. Also after you have injected give the area a bit of a rub. I always injected very slowly as I felt it helped. I didn't keep the area pinched as I injected not sure whether it makes a difference or not.

I always felt better whilst stimming but maybe the whols process is just affecting you.

I'm sure it will be worth it, keep believing that!

Good luck thinking of you x

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, October 3rd 2016, 5:49pm

I always injected into my tummy but kept the skin pinched as I did it. It will get easier with time too as you get used to doing it.

Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 11:07am

Thanks girls, I iced the area last night before hubby injected and was definitely better! :) I pinched the skin for putting the needle in and then once it was under the skin i let go slowly which was fine. Hubby also injected very very slowly which DEF didn't sting so much. Thanks for your advice!

Feeling less emosh today, seems i only suffer when my meds are changed or the dosage changes but then i'm fine within a day.

Stim phase scan this friday so fingers crossed my little eggies are growing nicely ready for EC next Friday!!

Also quick question but did anyone find they actually lost weight rather than gained it? I've lost half a stone since starting DR 4 weeks ago. Although I think the healthy eating and no alcohol could be playing a part in that. Plus not been that hungry while DR'ing.

X

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 3:46am

Glad that some of the tips helped!

Nope can't say I lost weight I put weight on gradually through my treatments. I guess the healthy lifestyle will play a part with the weight loss. X

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

Wednesday, October 5th 2016, 1:58pm

Feeling the bloat now! Day 5 of stimms. Don't think the weight loss will be lasting for long :S
X

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE