You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DonDon39

• "DonDon39" started this thread

Reg: Sep 8th 2016

Friday, September 16th 2016, 1:23pm

Over 40!!!

Anybody on here over 40 & starting private treatment, I turn 40 in a few months and going again not sure if my age will effect outcome this time, any thoughts??
1st ISCI Feb 09 bab19 BFP

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 6:14pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately age affects fertility naturally and so it's the same for fertility treatments. But you never know, there are lots of positive stories here so I'll keep my xfingers for you! babydust

DonDon39

• "DonDon39" started this thread

Reg: Sep 8th 2016

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 7:45pm

Thank you Maria32 I had my first go at 33 & it worked first time but because of my age I'm a bit worried not sure what to expect ?o( ?o(
1st ISCI Feb 09 bab19 BFP

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 18th 2016, 7:48pm

They should check your hormones and ovarian reserve first before deciding the treatment protocol. They
L probably scan you as well. xfingers

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 11:58am

Hiya

I'm about to turn 43 next weekend. After 3 missed mc's from natural pregnancies, I had 1 cycle of IVF using my own eggs in Jan of this year on the NHS and I'm in the middle of a private cycle using donor embryos this time. She had her eggs collected yesterday and we are provisionally booked for transfer on Sat or this coming Mon depending on how things go. Age can affect egg quality and hence us now trying for a final time using a donor but dont give up without a fight. They will run lot of tests on your hormones and ovarian reserve like Maria has said and adjust the dose of meds accordingly. Good luck! xx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 10:27am

I also know a few successful stories of ladies who got pregnant at 40 and older. Few of them combined ivf with PGS- NGS to increase chances of having a problem-free pregnancy. Good luck! x

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 11:38am

Hi There miamiamo,

Just came across your wee post,
what is PGS-NGS, Im pretty new to the IVF World and am having my first go very soon, im 38 and never been pregnant so glad of any info that will help

Thanks spk soon

x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, October 4th 2016, 9:50pm

There are lots of positive stories here and also in other forums but age has a detrimental effect on fertility, it's just nature. So yes be positive and optimistic but also stay with your feet firmly on the ground.
babydust

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE