You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 20 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "princess_c" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 6:11pm

Partner has no sperm

Hi guys, myself & partner have been attending a fertility clinic. We've just found out that partner has zero sperm. We have been left totally devastated and confused about what our future holds. At our last appointment my partner done blood tests for hormones and chromosomes. Does anyone have any advise for us or any hope? At the minute we are left not knowing whether we will ever have children. Has anyone ever experienced this before that could give us advise? Thanks

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, July 18th 2016, 4:03pm

Hi and welcome. My partner had the same sort of problem - we found out he had zero sperm as he was a cystic fibrosis gene carrier. However we had successful sperm retrival via surgery for him and now have two gorgeous girls. So don't give up hope! Ask about surgical sperm retrival and whether that would be possible for him - my husband only had juvenile sperm too and it still worked, so there's definitely hope. Good luck xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (18.07.2016)

Monday, July 18th 2016, 4:47pm

Hi net thanks for your response. That's great to know you have been successful with 2 beautiful children. Were waiting on blood tests to come back. Then the doctor mentioned a biopsy? I'm guessing this is to see if there is sperm in his testes. Please god there is and we can use sperm retrieval. How long of a process was yours? We have been ttc for 1 year 6 months. We first had our appointment in fertility in March. So I'm guessing it's gonna be a long haul for us. X

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, July 18th 2016, 10:23pm

Yep we went for s biopsy initially but it didn't work so under the same anaesthetic we had agreed to them removing tissue instead which contained the juvenile sperm. That was in June 2010 and we had first treatment cycle February 2011. All the genetic tests etc we had first meant it took about 13 months from the first tests to the first treatment. Good luck xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, July 18th 2016, 11:08pm

That wasnt too long for yous. Hopefully same for us. Appreciate ur advise I'm keep posting on any further updates. Thanks x