You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cibox

• "cibox" started this thread

Reg: Sep 30th 2009

Thursday, January 28th 2016, 10:22pm

Dr Ramsey - If your male and have issues go see him - read my topic.

Well my fellow forum members,

I thought I need to update my posting so show some progress.

Couple of points first.

I live in Leeds, commute to London is a trek, takes me around 3 maybe 4 hours depending on traffic.
I have decided to go private as the NHS is pretty poor. - I cant afford it, I am not rich.

so far each session has cost me around £100 for his time + the costs of the tests.
£180 for bloods
£200 for sperm checks.
(thats each time)

Well the reason why I went to see him because as far as I am concerned he is the best in his field, I did a lot of investigation on what path of available to me and me and the wife has had two failed IVF cycles costing in / or around 15k for both. People who are new to reading this, I have azoospermia, previous TESE (this is where they stab you in the testical with a needle and take out tissue which hopefully includes sperm.)

I have been to see Dr Ramsey several times during the past 4/5 months.
I have never met such an understanding individual, caring, understanding and pretty dam good.

I was put on clomid and anastrozole 2 sperm samples were taken over the 2/3 months still resulting in a 0 count. Around christmas time I decided to bite the bullet and go for an micro tese operation with Dr Ramsey in his London hospital.

I arrived the day before and stayed in a local hotel, had a ton of food and then the following morning I arrived at the hospital @ 730am. At this point I was having second thoughts because I only had one tesical, my other tescial is un-decended. I got enrolled and dressed up in a gown, soon after I met the DR Ramsey again who informed me I was number 2 in the list for the operation.

I eventually found my self being walked down to another room where they layed me down and I talk and bored the anaesthetist, my must have talked about every subject on the planet. (they were monitoring my vitals)... they gave me two injections, a clear one and a white one that looked like clay. must have been 10 seconds and I was out cold I woke up with a nurse tending to me. How many fingers do you see.., are you comfortable.. etc. What felt to me like 2 minutes was more like 2 hours of operating time.

I could feel a dull pain, I knew at that point Id been under the knife. I find out in 3 weeks my results and for the past few days I have been resting, not much drugs alot of ice to ease the swelling.

The doctor came to see me again, asked how I was.. the nurses were fab. - the only person I didn't like was grumpy old me

so guys and girls (guys find it difficult to chat about this stuff).. If you have problems below.. get them seen to, go see Mr Ramsey.

TOP TIP.
If you have any sort of operation on the timmy dogers use lots of ice! dont get frost bite.. it helps with the pain and increases your mobility.

edit

Micro TESE cost so far is running at 3500.. I can expect another 500/800 ontop.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cibox" (Jan 28th 2016, 10:23pm)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Friday, January 29th 2016, 12:37am

I'm looking forward to see your results and hope it's positive, my husband is in the same position as you

Take care
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cibox

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 8:12pm

So 246 days later I am providing an update.

As above I went under the knife with Dr Ramsey and he operated I have my results which were kind of disappointing.

Some more History..
I only have one Testes the other one is not descended.

Back on Topic.. Since I only had one I could only have the operation done on the one..

Bad news..
It seems my Testical is only partially working.

Good News..

I got 10 vials of "material" / tissue samples. one of them vials contained little sperms not many but "approx" 10/15! :thumbsup:

However not stopping at this point I have been busy undergoing a cocktail of drugs Menupor and HCG to attempt to get the tescial to work a little better. This is all happening through Dr Channa under the supervision of Dr Ramsey.

Starting on a low dose of Menupor 75ui twice a week, I have been pushed upto three times a week. With a 1200 UI injection to increase testosterone production.

Thats my update ladies..

EDIT for costs.

So far Menpour is very expensive and shopping around makes no difference. I have spent in the region of £1900.00 over 30 weeks of treatment.

Hidden costs at Dr Ramsey procedure have been.
Anesthetic - £300.00
Tissue Freeze - £ 600.00

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cibox" (Oct 1st 2016, 8:15pm)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (02.10.2016)

cibox

Wednesday, April 19th 2017, 8:35am

Hi guys,

Yes I am still here.

I have now been injecting 150iu Menopour with 1500IU testosterone for just over a year.
Regular bloods ( hormone checks ).

This has not been cheap, bloods every 3 months and Menopour has probably cost me around 7500.
Menopour is very expensive.

This excludes any consultation costs, travel etc

Just had my last sample analysed at Nurture fertility @ Nottingham.

So far, no news yet but initial checks indicate 0 sperms.

We are going for an IVF cycle at Nurture, I was hoping that I would have made some sperms - even a few.

So the 10 vials are coming out today and are being defrosted.

Which me luck guys.

I am out of money and now depressed.

cibox

Wednesday, April 19th 2017, 9:48am

Update 1
0 sperms in ejaclate
4 immotle sperm in frozen samples all thawed.

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE