You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 11th 2017

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 10:01am

It'll be Thursday for egg collection. Will be praying non stop between now & then. Xx

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 10:22am

Mewsbabes, so sorry that your news wasn't what you wanted to hear
But keep the faith, you still have one and only need one, as hard as it is try and relax as much as you can today and tomorrow. Can I ask when you had your first scan?

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 12:55pm

I had my 1st scan after 4 days stims, but that was unusual as normally it's around 7//8 days. Reason is ive had 3 IVF before and have always needed a 2nd drug so they wanted to monitor that and replicate treatment. Why I had a 4th scan was because they were monitoring one small follicle growth in my right ovary. I think standard procedure is 2 scans. One at day 8ish and one before trigger.
Now that I've 'made it' to egg collection I hope & pray I make it to transfer!!! Xxx

Holly555

Reg: Nov 4th 2016

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 2:20pm

Hi mewsbabes. I'm back for a final scan tomorrow. I was back at the hospital yesterday and they can see follicles but they are all small apart from one. So hoping the extra two days boosts the others. They are hoping for egg collection on Friday. As this is my first ivf cycle I don't know what to expect. Can they collect eggs from small follicles?

I really hope and pray your egg collection goes well. Keep positive! Xxx

Tuesday, July 18th 2017, 4:29pm

Hi Holly,
You're just a day behind me then. As far as I'm aware they can collect eggs from smaller follicles, but these eggs might not necessarily be 'mature'. It is only the mature eggs that will fertilise. It's a bit of a gamble, but if you've a good few follicles chances are you'll have a few mature eggs too. I'm hoping for at least 2 fertilising, I'll find out probably as your eggs are being retrieved! Oh, such a rollercoaster.

Thursday, July 20th 2017, 12:25pm

Had egg collection this morning, procedure is fine, nothing to worry about. They drained about 6 follicles but only got 2 eggs. Have to phone tomorrow morning to see how many fertilised. Praying both eggs will make it.
Good luck for tomorrow Holly. Xx

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Friday, July 21st 2017, 12:47am

I hope they both make it mewsbabes, fingers crossed.
Good luck tomor holly!

Willbemm

Reg: May 24th 2017

Friday, July 21st 2017, 8:39am

Fingers crossed Mewsbabes! Good luck today Holly! babydust

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Willbemm" (Jul 21st 2017, 8:41am)

Friday, July 21st 2017, 12:34pm

1 egg has fertilised normally, the other was immature so they couldn't inject it. Transfer is on Sunday, fingers crossed this one little embryo makes it!!

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 3:46pm

bemfola - taking it wrong, what do i do?

aww i cant believe it, i have made such a silly mistake with the meds they have given. i read on the schedule take twice a day at 8am and 8pm, this was for the synarel spray but i have taken the bemfola at these times also for two days. i tried ringing up and speaking to someone in RFC but got fobbed off by whoever answered the phone. anyone else made this mistake and how do i go about fixing it? i guess i just overlooked the critical side of the instructions, picked up the piece of paper and read it too quick. ahhhhh!!!!

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 4:20pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure what the answer is but definitely phone up and try and speak to someone. The nursing line is open until 11am most mornings I think so I would phone tomorrow and select that option. Don't quit until you get speaking to someone who can give you an answer! Good luck!

Holly555

Reg: Nov 4th 2016

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 4:56pm

Hi fertility newbie. I would suggest selecting option 3 when you phone RFC because you know you are speaking to a nurse then rather than a receptionist.

Ladies so sorry I haven't replied in a while and thank you so much for your well wishes. EC is scheduled for Monday. They gave me a couple of extra days as things started to pick up! Thankfully!

Little bit anxious about the EC. I don't do pain at all and I am such a big baby!! What do I need to take with me? Anything?

Mewsbabes - I hope your ET goes well tomorrow! Good luck!

Saturday, July 22nd 2017, 7:21pm

Holly - it's really nothing to worry about, I didn't feel a thing, worst thing was having cannula stuck in my arm to administer pain relief. All the best of luck!

Phoned embryology today and my little embryo is highest grade, I hope that's a good sign that he/she will stick!!!!

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Wednesday, July 26th 2017, 9:32am

sorry for late reply, had no internet for a few days. got speaking to someone and they brought my first scan forward a few days. had that done, all is progressing nicely. have to go back in a few days time and get another scan and see how we are fixed for EC and ET in the future

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Thursday, July 27th 2017, 1:13pm

Hi all. Im new. Have been reading through the threads for a couple of days. I signed papers in November and am currently awaiting the golden ticket. I rang on Friday past to see what was happening as post watching was driving me insane!! They say they are currently awaiting my donor sperm shipment and I will have offer of treatment in a few weeks. This phone call has made it all so so real and Im now terrified!! I don't do needles much less medical procedures, we have had so many setbacks as well, missing referrals etc. Does anyone know do we choose the sperm? My hubby is mixed race so we are hoping for a close colour match. Wishing all you ladies the best of luck!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Jul 27th 2017, 1:15pm)

Thursday, July 27th 2017, 4:00pm

Also, just wondering does the appointment you make following the letter revolve around AF? Like a particular day in your cycle? And what happens at these 2 appointments? Find the consultant is very nice but not very forthcoming with info

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️

Thursday, July 27th 2017, 5:34pm

Hey anniebell not sure on any donor issues you have but once you phone to accept offer you will then get appointment for your treatment schedule they will ask you questions on your af and plan your cycle around this it all happens pretty quickly once you accept, good look with your cycle smile2 I'm hoping to have fet soon just phoned to accept today we could be cycling together :) anyone having fet at min and know how long it's taking at the min

Friday, July 28th 2017, 1:59am

Thanks Newbie15. Im so scared but excited all in one go. This is our first go. Hubby has zero sperm count. Wish the letter would hurry up already.

Willbemm

Saturday, August 5th 2017, 11:28pm

It's been very quiet here for a while! Any news girls? Holly? Mewsbabes?
We have our final scan tomorrow - had 2 to date: Tuesday, where I've been told that there is a lot of follicles but too small - I was on Bemfola 150 and they changed it to 225. On Friday the tracking scan showed follicles growing nicely - hopefully tomorrow we'll here some good news! nailbite

Sunday, August 6th 2017, 9:05am

Hi Wellbemm, well I got pregnant with my 1 fertilised embryo but sadly I've had an early miscarriage. I poured my heart & soul into this so I'm devastated. Prob head to GCRM later on this year after I've recovered. How about you?? Xx

Willbemm

Monday, August 7th 2017, 1:56pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Mewsbabes! It must be very hard - can't even imagine :(
Next time will definitely be lucky! babydust
I have my EC tomorrow - we'll see how it goes. Atm I'm limping from my trigger shot! Apparently not a pro in injection making.... ;)

KMG

Reg: Aug 9th 2017

Wednesday, August 9th 2017, 10:36pm

Hello I am new to this forum but seems really helpful so far! I have a 3 and half year old girl and her stepdad and I have been advised to go for donor sperm with RVH! Hubby has zero sperm, biopsy confirmed this in the last 2weeks. We are waiting on consellor app now...not even sure if we are on the waiting list yet...patience isn't good.

Willbemm

Thursday, August 10th 2017, 7:21am

Welcome KMG! I know it takes an awful long time to have all the investigations done but once you get added to w/l it isn't that long - certainly flies after you get the invite letter!
I had my EC on Tuesday - 14 collected and 9 embryos! Waiting to hear tomorrow if the ET is day 3 or day 5. I was wondering if any of you future mommies rest in bed after ET and if so, how many days? I've read that some doctors recommend 2 days bedrest and some nothing at all!

Reg: Aug 11th 2017

Friday, August 11th 2017, 9:16am

The journey begins...

hey ladies, I've been reading your posts for a while and now we've officially stated I thought I'd send a wee message. We're doing ICSI at RVH and I've just taken my first nasal spray this morning. After months and months of waiting and ttc it's finally starting

Tuesday, August 15th 2017, 10:12am

Hey is anyone having fet at the minute or had fet recently just wondering what the process is for it and how long does it usually take I'm having pre-treatment consultation at start of September xx

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 8:26pm

Hi everyone just wanted to say do not give up hope I'm 39 never had a positive preg test in my life I've been through my first ever ivf (frozen) on 17th August and just got a positive this morning I just can't believe it xx

JMcK34

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 5:54pm

Congratulations Allthatglitters! Xxxxxxxxxx

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 8:28am

Congratulations allthatglitters!! That's fantastic!!!

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 8:30am

I'm on day 6 stims and they increased my dose of bemfola from 225 to 300 yesterday. I only have one ovary so hoping that doesn't mean I'm a poor responder. Keeping positive today and hoping the follicles grow well before my 2nd scan on Monday. Fingers crossed!!

Jo31

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 2:06pm

Hello, I had my very first consultation today at grove wellbeing, my husband is now to go to the Royal in 4 weeks to give a sample, he already had samples tested in craigavon and they said he had a low count and mobility.
I know this is only the start of what is to come, but can anyone tell me how long they waited between the 1st consultation and the 2nd where they will hopefully put us on the list..... the doctor said a couple of months today but are we talking 2 or a lot more?

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 3:02pm

Hi Jo, it was 7 months from our first consultation to our review appointment where we signed the forms to go on the waiting list. It's a lot of waiting unfortunately!

Jo31

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 4:27pm

Thanks Bettyboo, knew the waiting would be bad but never knew before this process how long the initial apts took to get...... hoping to get in before the cuts go ahead in April if stormont doesn't stop it.....

Friday, September 1st 2017, 10:42am

Yeah, the consultant had told us a couple of months too but it ended up being 7. We had our wedding/honeymoon and new house in the middle of it so it went quickly enough, hopefully it won't be so long for you. I'm currently on injections, another tracking scan on Monday and hope to have egg collection on Wednesday if everything goes to plan. It's like nothing happened for months and then it all happens very quickly! It's exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time. xxx

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Friday, September 1st 2017, 1:36pm

We had our first appointment start of Dec and the 2nd around middle of march been on the list now just over 5 months, Bettyboo57 how long did you have to wait on top of the list letter?

Lialkos

Reg: Sep 4th 2017

Monday, September 4th 2017, 2:05am

Hi im new here :S we are having our pre treatment consulation tomorrow ..been waitting for this for so long but now that its here its so nerve wrecking..ahh..is anyone going through this atm too? Its been such a journey from getting (not planned) pregnant three years ago, mmc at 12 weeks to going through docs as i had ov pains to being told we have unexplained infertility then put on ivf waitting list now were here..been reading this forum so much it has answered quite a few questions so decided to finaly sign up and say hello :chocs:

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 10:27am

Sl_17 we were just talking about this at the weekend and from signing the paperwork to the official test date will be 1 year exactly. It's a lot of waiting but once you get going, it goes so fast and then you have to wait a little more. Hopefully it will all be worth it. :)

Reg: Jun 1st 2017

Children: Praying

Monday, September 11th 2017, 12:27am

hey girls, hows everyone getting on? this is the only place I feel anyone can understand how I'm feeling. So treatment was all going well, was very slow to stimulate to begin with and then I over stimulated and was quite sick. Anyways had egg collection done on the 22nd August (minus ANY pain relief as my iv port wasn't in properly) and they managed to collect 15 eggs. Other half went off to do his part, he has always had a below average sperm count, but it was more the motility of them that we were recommended for ICSI. As we waited in recovery, the doctor came to tell us they couldn't find any sperm in his sample and recommended a biopsy. After having his biopsy done they asked us to wait for results, they know he has sperm as its always been there, and to our devastation and the even the doctors it showed no sperm either. My eggs had to be froze there and then. This isn't something we expected to ever come up but it just shows how many bumps in the road there can be. The doctor advised us that day that there is another procedure can be done but it has to be done in England and we will probably have to finish treatment there. The one part of good news the next day was when I phoned the embryologist who told me 13 of my little eggs were mature enough to freeze and that it was very good. Sorry for the long post girls, feel like this is the only place I can vent that others will understand the pain and frustration of the process.
Wishing you all love and Babydust on your journeys and keep posting xxx

Sophie33

Reg: Sep 18th 2017

Monday, September 18th 2017, 10:42am

Any advice appreciated - Belfast

Hi Girls, I'm totally new to this and totally clueless! We have been TTC for around 2.5 years now. We have been tested through Origin and everything was normal and also attended our first appointment at The Grove at very start of July. My husband went for another SA in August and we have just booked our review appointment for the end of October after receiving a letter on Friday. We saw Dr McClure who seemed good in July and said that I need to go on injections as clomid hadn't work (tried this through origin). I don't have regular periods and he said that I could have Poly-cystic ovaries although none of my previous bloods indicate this. Really I don't know what else could be the problem if its not poly-cystic ovaries? My BMI is normal and I eat healthily etc. Have almost stopped drinking at all and cut down to one coffee a day in a bid to help myself :( Anyways - just wondering at our review appointment will I be allowed to start injection treatment straight away of do you then go on another waiting list for this treatment. It's been going on so long now that if I could just go to him privately to start the injections immediately I would....its just so hard to know what to do that's best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wishing everybody all the best and lots of baby dust <3 xx

Monday, October 16th 2017, 7:50pm

Anyone having fet at the minute??

JMcK34

Monday, October 16th 2017, 10:22pm

Hi Newbie15, I had a failed FET at the start of July. I have my review appointment this week where I am hoping to arrange another FET as I'm lucky enough to have some frosties. This will be a private cycle as my first NHS IVF cycle failed in January and as I said my NHS FET failed in July.
Xxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 8:52am

So sorry to hear it failed jmck :-( hope this cycle is successful, how did you find it compared with fresh cycle I'm just finishing my pill today and then I start on progynova next week I'm nervous about stating these but suppose they have to be better than injections, I'm just finding it's going very slow compared with a fresh cycle are maybe that's just in my head,I had a successful cycle in Nov/Dec 15 And I have just got it into my head that I can't be successful both times I only have two Frosties left and they don't know yet if they will use both yet depending on how the thawing goes but this could be my last chance of having another baby, believe me I am so grateful for what I have but don't want my little girl to be an only child :-( xxx

JMcK34

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 7:53pm

Thanks Newbie. My fresh cycle was absolutely fine, no complications, reaction to medication was fine, all went really well and ended up with a day 5 blastocyst graded 5AA (which is apparently the best grade) Unfortunately I didn't make it to my test date. I had 6 frosties left and started my FET about 3.5 months later. I was on Synarel nasal spray, the exact same as I used in fresh cycle. I had awful headaches, ended up with a sinus infection and conjunctivitis in my eyes. Not nice, even when I stopped the nasal spray and went onto the progynova took a few weeks for headaches and my eyes and nose to clear up. Anyway my first frostie didn't survive the thaw but thankfully I had back up and the second frostie did. Embryo transfer wasn't great, took about half an hour in total as due to me having a tilted womb it took several attempts and was quite painful. Because of my womb being tilted and me having endometriosis I had a mock transfer with my fresh cycle and also had an endometrial scratch prior to FET. Both were completed by Dr Abaje and he was amazing. He also completed my embryo transfer with my first cycle. FET was completed by an older lady doctor I can't remember her name and seemed to take her a long time and she told me she found the transfer tricky. I must say this didn't fill me with confidence. I did make it to test date this time but unfortunately it was negative. My fresh cycle was so straight forward whereas FET wasn't but hey both had the same outcome.
I have my review appointment tomorrow afternoon. I have 4 frosties left and plan to go for private FET. I going to ask not to use nasal spray if possible and if Dr Abaje could complete my FET.
Wishing you all the best Newbie. You are so blessed to have had a successful cycle first time around but that doesn't mean it can't happen again. I totally understand what you mean about not wanting your child to be an only child. We have a 7 year old and long to give him a sibling. Xxxxxxxxxx

Daisydo

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 8:58pm

Hi ladies,

Can someone explain to me what happens when you recieve your top of the list letter? The time frames until apppointments and how long it takes to acutually go threw the ifv/icsi? Its all i can think of am driving myself mad x

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:52pm

I know I was vey lucky to have my first cycle work, are all your Frosties grade Aa that is the best grade my daughter was bb and my Frosties are 5bb and 5cc, I'm not holding out much hope for the cc to make the thaw I'm putting all my hope on this other bb frostie Im not using the spray this cycle I've been put on the pill ironic I know lol :) then I'm due to start progynova on Sunday, God you haven't had it easy either maybe best asking for dr abaje he is vey good, how quick can you start fet if going private maybe you don't know answer to this yet, have you still got 4 remaining Frosties? Wishing you all the best in your cycle jmck will keep eye to hear your news in future :) :goodluck: xxx

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:57pm

Daisydoo when you phone to confirm your accepting treatment you usually receive appt for two weeks time for pre-treatment consultation this apt usually lasts a few hours you will receive all your meds and then when you phone them to confirm period they will then send you your schedule hope this is right as it's been few 2 years from my fresh cycle, I know it's easy for me to say but try and take your mind off it a bit daisy I know it just consumes your whole life but it will go quick after your pre_treatment appt xxx

Daisydo

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 10:15pm

Thanks newbie15, start a new job tomorow so that will help take my mind off it, this past few weeks it just hasnt left my mind! Most likely due to the stress of the cuts ect. Phoned today and my letter should be here by the 3rd week in nov. Fingers crossed x

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 10:49pm

Awww good luck in your new job :) yeah all that didn't help at all I'm sure I already had started my cycle so knew it wouldn't have affected me directly but was thinking of all people it would of was scary but thank god we don't need to worry any longer, that's greats news your letter will hopefully be with you soon another thing to take off your mind it will all fall into place for you, you will be surprised how quick it goes I'm finding fet alot longer I don't know if it's just because there isn't as much medicine etc to be taking good luck with all mrs will keep an eye out to see how your getting on :) xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Newbie 15" (Oct 17th 2017, 10:51pm)

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 9:27pm

Hi Newbie 15,
Great to hear you are back…… we cycled together in Nov/Dec 15. I am currently waiting on a letter for FET, we were put on list beginning June, now we were going to a wedding abroad the end of August which i think was put into my notes, so assuming thats why i havnt heard anything. When did you go on the list etc.
I wish you so much luck in this cycle. I read your finding this treatment very long, but its alot less invasive? I would love to know if mine will be this side of Christmaas, its very hard to make any plans. Please keep me posted on your progress. ;)

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 10:03pm

Hey bumble of course we did you had your wee boy few days before I had my wee girl :) great to hear from you I was due to start in like April time but I put it on hold due to problems with my back but thankfully with some physio I have recovered, so I reached the top of the list in July and then by time I got appt and waiting on period etc to start to get schedule just feels like it's being going on along time suppose some of that was down to me def a lot less invasive thankfully, you can phone and see how list is going and if your ready for treatment ask them to put you back on the list I know what you mean because you don't know where you are on the list it's hard to plan things you should def give them a ring :) will keep you updated on my progress wishing you luck too hope you don't have to wait much longer ;) :) xx

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 3:35pm

Hi Ladies
It has been a few months since I have been on here. My husband and I went onto the list on November 19th 2016 after trying naturally for 10 years with no joy. We got the letter we reached the top the 16th July 2017. Unfortunately due to my husband having an operation we decided it best to defer for the three months ( absolutely a really hard decision to make :( ) . This referral has now took us up to the 8th of October . As you can imagine I was straight on the phone on Monday 9th Oct thinking that it would be just a case of saying yep I'm ready to go now and then a letter would be sent out. Nope the call didn't go as I expected.... I have been told that the quota for letters has been send this month and the next intake will be 30th October but there is no guarantee I will be on it even then as there are other couples which deferred around the same time as me which will be taken first. So ladies there is a possibility that couples who deferred are going to be taken first before the list is continued again. The lady explained this backlog wouldn't normally have happened but there was issues about funding. I know its only two weeks to wait but after nearly a year ( I know three months of that was down to me) it is just dragging....what do you all think my chances are of being seen for treatment for ICSI before Christmas?

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE