You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 12th 2016

Children: None

Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:35pm

Yoga mini, sorry to hear about your previous experiences. Fingers and toes crosses for your next ICSI. I feel the same feel like our future is on hold until we have a baby. We also have male factor waiting to be put on the list for ICSI hopefully next month at our next app. Can I ask a question? When your partner done his second SA and CF genetic blood test did you get put on the list at the next consultation? That's what stage we are at.. have been waiting 4 months on an appointment and just praying we get put on the list. Hope you remain positive it is very difficult at times to stay positive when going through such hard times.

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 12:47am

Hi petals 23, we have been on the list for a month now for ICSI , it was after the second SA Results that we were out on list- I had already had all bloods results done prior to this.

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 4:14am

Hey petals yeah u get put on the list at that appointment, I didn't tho as I had major surgery a few years ago and have to wait an extra 3-4 weeks because dr mcfaul had to get info of my surgery (open surgery splenectomy and distal pancreasctomy) and I'm on heavy morphine mess and an antiboic a day for life he had to make sure it was safe for me to have treatment. We too are having ICSI we have been on the waiting list 6 months, we were supposed to get our letter to say we had reached the top of the waiting list on Friday (21st Oct) but the waiting list has gotten longer it's now sitting at 7-9 months so girl on the phone said could be anywhere between end of November and end of January. By the time we get to January we will have been on this journey for 2 years, from gyne investigations to now finally on the list. My advice would be to get itself something to do to pass the time, I recently redecorated my whole house lol and joined an indoor bowls team, helps keep my mind off everything.

Hey fingers crossed that's one month down woohoo now just get the next few over u and u will be flying xx

Yogamini

Reg: Jul 4th 2016

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 12:06pm

Hey Petals,

You should go on waiting list at your partner's second analysis. It can feel like a long wait but hopefully with Christmas on the horizon, the time will fly by and before you know it, you'll be half way there!
Going private didn't affect nhs go. However the scheme we chose with GCRM was through Access fertility ...we paid for 2 cycles are reduced cost. If however you have only completed 1 cycle when nhs offer arrives, you have to withdraw from the programme to do cycle with nhs. Meaning you don't get reduced cost.
There are some great refund options through Access fertility with GCRM...if under 39, ranging from full refund to 50℅, making it more affordable. Not Sure if you would manage to fit 3 cycles in before nhs go comes around? Plus, you may not need any further cycles if successful with RFC!

Hi Rosebud, sorry to hear you've been through such major surgery. It's fantastic that your feeling well enough to cycle and I'm sure you'll be hearing from RFC before long. We could be cycle buddies. Hoping to start Dec/Jan.

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 12:55pm

Oh that's great to know. Just praying there is something on the SA as before it said zero. What do they do it its still zero will they hold off with the list and do a biopsy? Will be so nerve wrecking going to this appointment. I think we will try NHS first I'm 25 and husband is 27. If it doesn't work we will save to go private. Just hoping and praying. Thanks for the info ladies. Any other information of the process and personal experiences is greatly appreciated

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 2:38pm

Hi petals. My experience is kind of similar. We were first told that partners first SA was zero. We were told they could do surgical sperm retrieval in the hope that his testes was producing. However in the meantime he wanted to do a second which surprisingly had some sperm but very low. So a third more in depth SA was done and again there was some but a count of 1.5 million. So we were placed on list on 31st July. And we are now lucky enough to go through icsi with hopefully a fresh sample on the day but if not my partner done a sample and they froze it for us as back up. Don't give up hope I thought at our first result that it wasn't looking hopeful but now everything looking positive for us the only hard thing is the waiting we all have to go through. This week's been quite hard as my brother and girlfriend just had their 3rd baby.

Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 10:25pm

It's so nice to hear people with similar experiences. Did they put you on the list while taking the 3rd SA ? It's such a waiting game, yeah the consultant really gutted us when he said about looking at donar sperm so soon, that was with the first result. I suppose he is just making us think worse case scenario.

I really can't wait to next month to find out the results. My apt was mento be Wednesday but had to change it due to my hubby not being able to get off work, do you think if I rang would they give me any cancellation if I explained. It's all I think about.

It's so tough when close family are having babies, I know exactly how you feel. Your time will be soon princess c. Keep in touch.

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 8:05pm

Hey we were placed on it after his second test. The day we went back to hospital for follow up on his 2nd SA and his blood tests that's when we were placed. Then after the 3rd we went back for the results and to fill in some more paperwork. And arrange sperm freezing for back up.

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 9:36pm

Oh that's good. Less than a month to find out what the 2nd test has. I rang to try and get a cancellation but the girl told me some of the clinics have been cancelled and it won't be likely. What questions are good to ask when you go? Is there a criteria for getting eggs put back in if they are available?

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 3:44am

Hey petals we were similar to princess after 4th SA we were put in the list (tho we had to wait two/four extra weeks so that my surgeon could get notes to dr McCaul) but once I got them they put us on the list.

Princess I've a question how did u go about getting sperm froze? We weren't even offered that xx

Wednesday, October 26th 2016, 8:19pm

Our last appointment we were in. He gave us our 3rd SA which was low. So he said because 1st was zero and 2nd and 3rd had some they want to have a backup in the office chance on the day of transfer his sample is zero again. So he provided a sample and they tested it for the freeze and thaw process and it was excellent so we were told we got 7 straws ( which I'm assuming) is 7 samples. And they have froze that. Hopefully on the day it's a fresh sample but if not we no not to worry as we have that for back up. Rosebud wasn't your first few zero then there was a sample which was quite low?? I would think your consultant should have recommended the same?

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 2:53am

First 3 were zero then 4th was low still 10 times lower than the average man but they didn't give us the option to freeze any and now I'm worrying that if his is zero again they might make us use sonar spern which for me was something I'd do if it was a last LAST resort as my partner isn't taking it very well that the problem is with him and I don't know if donar sperm would maybe be a step over the edge for him, but I know how much he wants us to have our own little bundle of joy so hopefully if that time ever comes he will see the bigger picture. What consultant are u with? How long have u been on the list? And did they tell u how long the waiting list is at present xx

Thursday, October 27th 2016, 11:48pm

God I would have thought they would do the same for you. Considering you went from 3 zero to some. Are you back again for anything else then maybe you could suggest it? We are with Dr Tang. He seems very good and on point with everything. He placed us on 31 August. But when I rang to confirm we were on it the girl said yea we've been on it from 31st July. So I don't no whether he got the months wrong on paper or he back dated us but I'm not complaining. So 31st July with a 7-9 month wait apparently. Is this wait the same for you?

Yogamini

Friday, October 28th 2016, 9:58pm

Rosebud, my partner has very low count and they asked him to provide a back up incase there is zero useable on the day off EC. You should definitely press this issue. Can you call or email your consultant at RFC? If your husband's count had some sperm last time, but zero previously, surely better to have a back up plan?
Princess, hopefully you'll get offer in the new year... With any luck I should have my offer though in the next few weeks.
I called the RFC today and they explained they ask you for day 1 of current cycl..The nurses work out a date for your appt using this and usually you start down regulation day 21.. Nasal spray.
I'm feeling happy that we have a free go on NHS but nervous as this is our last attempt! The pressure is on....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yogamini" (Oct 28th 2016, 10:00pm)

Wednesday, November 2nd 2016, 11:37am

Hi ladies, is there anything your partners used to I'm prove his sperm? Or did the samples just improve? X

Lady

Reg: Oct 4th 2015

Sunday, November 13th 2016, 5:01pm

Nervous/excited!

Hey all, we have our 2 hour appointment this Wednesday to get our treatment plan etc, cd21 will be 3 days after our appointment. Do you think they might start us then? Any tips or advice on how to prepare for the next 6-8 weeks? Thanks

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Sunday, November 13th 2016, 5:38pm

Hi Lady, we have our 2 hour appointment this Friday. So only a few days after you. Day 21 for me won't be until early December. I don't know but I would imagine you will start your medication on day 21 of this cycle. Exciting times! I'm a bit like you now that it is getting closer I'm starting to think of what to do to prepare and do's and don't's. Do you know how long we will take nasal spray and then how long for the injections? Does it depend from one person to another? And then when does egg collection happen? I'm pretty clueless, though will find out for sure this Friday. Xxxxxxxxxx

Lady

Sunday, November 13th 2016, 5:56pm

Hi JMcK34 nice to hear you are around the same stage, I'm very impatient so I'm hoping Wednesday comes quick so we know a bit more about our dates etc. I think it depends if they decide upon a short or long protocol I'm not sure if everyone has to use the nasal spray. I'm not clued up to all the information either but think the spray and injections may be 13-15 days each though I'm sure after our appointments this week we will be a lot more knowledgable. Here's a link that gives some brief info but as you say everyone may be different IVF - What happens - NHS Choices. Hoping all goes well for you on Friday, before you know it cd21 at the start of December will be here x

Lady

Monday, November 14th 2016, 3:12pm

Hi JMcK34 not sure where my reply went last night umm... it's always nice to know someone is going through it at the same time as we often feel isolated. I'm really hoping we do get started this Saturday as it's been a long 2 years to-ing & fro-ing with different tests and challenges. Early December won't be long coming around wait till you see, I'm hoping Wednesday comes quick as I like to know when and what's happening, I like being in control. I'm a bit like you I don't know much about it that's why I wish Wednesday would hurry lol. In regards to the nasal spray it all depends on each individual and if they decide on a long or short protocol but I think the nasal spray is possibly up to 13-15 days then the injections for possibly 12-14 days. They will monitor us closely with scans through the injections and tell us when to do the trigger injection which means egg collection is usually 36 hours after that. I hope your appointment goes well on Friday I dread the early starts. X

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Friday, November 18th 2016, 1:25pm

Hi everyone just called the rfc to accept my offer, looking for to getting started, as I have no clue how all this works haha just excited to be at this stage.

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Friday, November 18th 2016, 11:00pm

Hi giraffe I'm at the exact same stage rang this mornin to accept, it's all so real now I pray it's good news for us all xx

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 3:10am

That's brilliant giraffe I so pleased that you finally at this stage, and of couse you too allthatglitters wishing you both a happy and healthy cycle xxxx

Yogamini

Saturday, November 19th 2016, 6:03pm

Congratulations on getting started Giraffelover and Allthatglitters! My letter is due Monday so hopefully I'll be accepting towards end of next week. Can I ask what dates you were given for pre treatment appt? Dec or Jan? I'm thinking it'll be Jan at this stage?

Rosebud, when are you expecting to get your offer letter?

Keep us posted please as it'd be nice to have others to cycle with!

Monday, November 21st 2016, 2:45am

Hey yoga mini I went on waiting list for ICSI on 21st April have no idea when I'm due me letter was supposed to be oct but list got longer so they said could be anywhere from end of November to end of January.

Are you having IVF or ICSI? And when did u go on the list xx

Yogamini

Monday, November 21st 2016, 1:49pm

Hi Rosebud.
We went on list start Feb and received offer end Sept but had to defer until now as we weren't ready to begin cycling again so soon after private treatment. You should hopefully get your letter Nov/Dec so we could be cycling close together!
We're having ICSI and have had 2 previous failed icsi cycles privately. Hoping and praying it works for all of us!

Reg: Feb 19th 2011

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 5:51pm

Hi yogamini, did your letter arrive? I'm expecting mine this week too but no sign yet! Like you I'm keen to know of first appt will be dec or jan so glitters and giraffe if you get ur letters please let us know xx

Reg: Jan 25th 2015

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 8:29pm

Hey ladies. Does anyone know the waiting time for fet at the royal? I completed a fresh cycle last September but unfortunately didn't work. If any of you have any questions about the process I'll be happy to help x

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:49am

Hi ladies,

Feel like crap all day as my journey started in January 2015 so by the time I reach the top of the list it will have been 2 years since this all started. I'm just so emotional my family said sure it's just another few months but my patients are down to the wire at this present time ;( I just keep trying to think positive but even from the start we have been pushed back/made to wait so many times. At my gyne appointment in January 2015 he left me 6 months before seeing me again even though I had dye test and my partner had 2 SA's done in February, he didn't see us again until June-and this was only after I had seen my gp twice asking what the hold up was and my gp had to write to him we then found out the gyne forgot to put our names on the next appointments list. Then After our first appointment at the RFC October 2015 it took them 17 weeks to get our blood test results back when it should only have taken 8 weeks at most, then they were supposed to put us on the list in march 2016 and our consultant delayed it for a further 4 weeks, then when I got on the list I was told the waiting list was sitting at 6/7 months I wouldn't have minded but in august and September they told me we would be getting our letter in the middle of October, and I rang at start of October just to check as I had events coming up and wanted to see if I would have needed to cancel them, they then told me it would be more than likely November I would reach the top of the list.

So I rang the RFC today to see if they could give me a rough Idea of even I would be getting my letter as I thought it would maybe be in the next few weeks as I've been on the list since April but the lady on the phone told me that it probably would be the new year now before We hear anything so looks like the waiting list is sitting at 9/10 months.

So now looks like it's more waiting all over xmas, sorry for the rant I'm just so frustrated with this whole process, it wearing on me big time today.

Need to give myself a shake 8| Tomorrow is a new day need to try and claw back some positivity from somewhere xx

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 8:33am

Hi My time/Rose

My time I must have wrote on every thread apart from this one, sorry mrs I got my letter through last Thursday to say I had reached the top of the List. I rang on Friday morning to accept and the lady asked a few questions like have I any holidays booked for the next 3 months and am I on any medication. I told her I was on 50mg PTU for overactive thyroid but its been stable for the past 6 months. She said she would speak to the doctor incase I had to have repeat blood tests. She said she would ring me back, so of course I hadn't heard anything by yesterday so I rang her again (miss impatient) she laughed and said don't worry love he hasn't been round yet but i will be ringing you soon! lol

Rosebud don't give up hope I rang last month and they told me that I wouldn't be getting my letter until January and I received it last week, I understand how you feel I was getting to the stage were I was checking the post everyday, getting so emotional and feeling down all the time, now I got my letter im waiting again for a phonecall to see when I can start! Keeping my fingers crossed that you girls hear very soon. I think it will probably be the new year before I get started that being said that may be a good thing as I don't want them to be rushing anything around Christmas time

Please keep us girls keep eachother going

spk soon x

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 10:56am

Hi girls, I'll definitely keep u all informed. So far just waiting on my two appointment letters. All that glitters hopefully you get word soon,so hopefully we can go through this together. I know what you mean about Christmas coming up.i was Hoping to be as healthy as possible just to feel like I'm making the best go at this but with Christmas coming up it going to be so hard. I was wondering will it be in the new year to. But I'm just so thankful to be this far.
Try not to stress rosebud we're all in the same boat, I thought I was coping well with everything until my letter came through and I started crying,at the relief of knowing it had arrived. Now im stocking the post man everyday, waiting on my next letter. But it helps having you girls to chat with, as no one in my family have ever been through anything like this. x

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 12:38pm

Ah Giraffe

I know the feeling lay on the floor crying like a header my partner didn't know what was going on lol! hopefully get these appointment letters soon so we know actual dates. Nerves are wrecked!

Its great having someone at the same stage as its hard when no one else close to you has been through this so doesn't know how we are feeling

xx

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 1:59pm

Thanks ladies yesterday was just a bad day. I've picked myself back up today and tryin to stay positive having you ladies and knowing you know exactly how I feel makes things so much better. Because like you ladies I'm the same no one in my family has been through any of this and I'm the youngest of 9.

Hope you both get ur letters really soon : D and after reading what you both wrote about Christmas I'm starting to think now maybes it's best I don't get my Letter until January as I love my sweets and treats at this time of year lol and for this treatment I want to be at my healthiest (as I'm sure yous do too)

Thanks for being there, this forum is a god send at times xx

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:09pm

Ah rosebud

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:14pm

Aw rosebud

MissyDee

Reg: Apr 13th 2016

Saturday, November 26th 2016, 11:18am

Hey ladies I just thought you all should know that there is ladies in my City working towards highlighting the unfairness of IVF on the NHS in Northern Ireland, they have started a petition for fairness in fertility and have approached politicians regarding the matter, the end goal is upping the NHS funded IVF cycles for women here to make it more fair, as you all probably already know that women in parts of England and Scotland get up to three funded cycles on the NHS. If you girls want to help could you please sign the petition and share via facebook, the facebook page is called 'Ivf campaign NI' and here is a link to the petition just copy and paste it into your browser and make sure to like the facebook page,-

https://www.change.org/p/ni-executive-he…ogle-custom_msg

And aw Rosebud I know exactly how you feel! I too have been waiting on the list since April ( they told me seven months and last time I rang told me december or January) and now I fear that if I am called up shortly that I will have to postpone for a few months as the road to Belfast from Derry gets really bad in the winter sometimes and the last thing I want is for me to get my appointments then miss them because they have closed the glenshane pass due to ice or snow. This has been such a long journey and doesn't help that I feel physically and mentally much older than when we started trying for a baby 5 years ago, it is just draining! Please keep me updated when you get your appointment as we should be called up round the same time.

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 8:56pm

Hi, I hope everyone is keeping well. Lady - have you started your nasal spray? If so how are you finding it? I've had my 2 appointments and have my medication but am just waiting on my schedule being posted out. I'm hoping to start my treatment on day 21 of this cycle but won't know for sure until I get my schedule posted out.
Allthatglitters and Giraffelover - have you received your 2 appointment letters yet?
Xxxxxxxxxx

Yogamini

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 12:27am

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear some of you have received your offer letter. I received my offer letter Fri past and called to accept. Was given a date for blood tests in Dec and our 2 hour appt with nurse in Jan. To be honest, I'm happy enough to wait until after Christmas as it means not having to travel in heavy Christmas traffic and being able to enjoy a few treats over the festive season!
Let me know if any of you get appt dates through?
Looks likely we'll be starting down reg in Jan, with stims in Feb. Sometimes it feels like we've been waiting forever!
Is anyone going through treatment at moment? Would love to know a bit more about long protocol schedule at RFC?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yogamini" (Nov 30th 2016, 12:28am)

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 4:14am

Hey yogi chuffed for u that finally have reached the top of the list. I'm like u trying to think positive and thinking I'd rather get xmas over me first. I wish u a happy and healthy cycle xx

Reg: May 12th 2016

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 9:36am

Hi girls, so sorry I have been so quiet on the forum lately, I'm just totally scunnered at the minute with the whole thing!! I had my ICSI with RFC and all was going great, injections were fine and follicles seemed to be developing well with 6 or 8 on each ovary. Massive shock then when they only collected 3 eggs!!! Couldn't believe it!! The rest were empty follicles!! all 3 eggs managed to fertilise but when I went on day 3 for transfer and they said they were putting 2 back in I knew there was no hope cause they never want to put 2 back in. The other wasn't suitable for freezing!

So long story short, my second cycle failed with none in freezer. So I'm looking into GCRM for 3 cycle deal and a review appointment to try to figure out what went wrong!! I'm 31, Amh was 50 a year and half ago and our only issue was male factor apparently.

I just never thought when I started on this journey that I would be heading for my third cycle with no even hint of a pregnancy!!

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 11:27am

Hi Rebecca, so sorry to hear this cycle didn't work out. I'm sure you're devastated. Keep the faith xx

Yogi, delighted you now have you appts. I was told I would get my offer letter last week so hopefully this week? Do u mind if I ask what date in Dec your first appt is?

Glitters, have you got your appt dates yet?!

All this waiting is driving me mad!!!!

Rosebud, I know u know that feeling!

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 4:00am

Aw Rebecca my heart goes out to u, can't imagine what your going through ;(
Hopefully they can give you and your partner some insight at your review appointment about what went wrong. Let us know how you get on and when you go to GCRM please let me know what you think as I like to plan ahead for "just incase".

Aw mytime this waiting is driving me mad I think even if I knew how long it would be until I get my letter I'd be able to settle myself, but looks like it's going to be the full 9 months waiting for us, they said it will be January before we get our letter so I'm going to have to try reflexology or something to keep myself calm lol still no sign of your letter yet? Xx

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 10:49am

Hi rose bud still no letter. I'm thinking they maybe only send them out on certain days ? Possibly towards the end of the week so maybe I'll get it then!

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 9:24pm

Hi ladies, haven't posted in a while but got results that my OH is a carrier of cystic fibrosis a small this is why he has azoospermia.. anyone been through this? His progesterone level was good so consultant thinks he is producing it just can't get out basically. Have to go for biopsy in feb, so nervous.

Friday, December 2nd 2016, 4:05am

Hey my time fingers toes and eyes crossed lol u get your letter at the end of the week coming then xx

Hey petals I'm sorry to hear that you and your partner got that news, they told us we would have to go for a biopsy too because my partner might have a blockage but thankfully we didn't have to in the end up. My partner has azoospermia too but we never actually got a reason as to why-so at least you and your partner know the cause, try to think positive least with a biopsy they will know exactly what's going on. We were told that the seminal vesicles release their part of the semen that combine with the sperm and that when my partners release they weren't combining together, which I still don't understand. I'll keep you and your partner in my prayers hopefully it will be over before you both know it and yous will be in the road to starting your treatment ^^ let us know how yous get on xxx

Saturday, December 3rd 2016, 5:25am

Hey mytime been thinking on you all day yesterday did u get your letter yet? Hope they don't make you wait much longer xxx

Yogamini

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 8:45am

Hi girls.
I see some of u are waiting patiently on letters to arrive... The waiting is so difficult!

MyTime I hope you get your letter soon..we could be cycling close together. My blood appt is 23rd Dec and nurses appt 6 Jan. Excited but nervous as we've had 2 failed cycles previously.

Rosebud, you should be getting your letter soon.. when did you go on list?

Rebecca2016, I truly sympathise with you.. Same thing happened with our last cycle..7 good follicles on scan but only 1 egg collected which didn't fertilise. We were devastated. GCRM took bloods to investigate the possible cause but results were baffling as all levels were within range! Have been on short protocol x2 and consultant reckons the longer protocol with RFC should help to prevent this happening next cycle... But time will tell! The access fertility 3 cycle offer with GCRm is a good option.

Petals, it's a difficult journey but try to stay positive if you can. It's good that there is a reason for your partners fertility issues and there is a procedure which can help. I've read of lots of positive outcomes from couples in your position.

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 8:34pm

Has any of you ladies had a hysteroscopy? X

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 9:41pm

Hi girls,
Was away for weekend so just getting tuned in now. No letter yet rosebud

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 9:42pm

Don't know where rest of my msg went!
Yoga we could be cycling together. I'm doing short protocol.
Wishing, is that a HSG you're having?

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 9:46pm

Hi my time no it's a different procedure. I had a hsg last year. Reason I'm asking is I had it done couple of weeks ago and my af is over a week late. Was scheduled to see the doc next Monday to discuss my fet do not sure how that's going to affect my dates

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE