You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "8141lindsay" started this thread

Reg: Jan 10th 2016

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 1:21pm

Anyone starting ivf at Belfast rfc any time soon?

Hi everyone, new to this site and ivf ,just got my letter to say I'm top of the list at Belfast rfc and I'm a bit terrified! Been TTC coming up 3 years and this funded cycle of icsi is our only chance as we coundlnt possibly afford it otherwise :-( ,anyone started/starting treatment recently? Roughly how soon after u get the letter do u get scheduled for bloods and meds appointments?

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 6:24pm

Hi 8141lindsey. I'm going to rfc on Wednesday to get my new schedule. I had my funded cycle of icsi in the summer, started my spray in June and had my transfer in July. I reached top of the list that time in May. So my first appointment for bloods was within two weeks and my meds appointment was two weeks after that. So the wait isn't very long.
Unfortunately my cycle didn't work, I started another one in November but took shingles so had to stop but will be starting again at end of this month so feel free to ask away if you have any questions.

Xx

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 6:40pm

Thanks for the reply! That's great to know everything seems to move quickly from now on in then! Still terrified at thought of it all and not lookin forward to the meds much either,2 questions, any side effects from meds?and how many times do u have to go up for appointments/scans once u start them? Sorry your previous cycles didn't work out,fingers crossed for you for this one! :thumbsup: xx

Pb85

Ace

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 9:16pm

No probs. I didn't really have bad side effects. On the spray I was just tired and had the odd headache but I drank a lot of water throughout the day which really helps. I was really dreading injections as I hate them, but once you start they are no bother. Side effects wise after a lot of days my stomach got a bit bloated and a little tender but that's really all.
With appointments, you will have your blood test one, then your pre consultation, this is when you get your schedule and your meds and how to take them. This appointment last around two hours. Then once you start your injections you usually have two scans. This can change depending on how your follicles are developing in case your injection dosage needs changed. Then you have your egg collection and either 3 or 5 days later you will have your transfer.
Hopefully we both have successful cycles. Xx

Sunday, January 10th 2016, 11:19pm

Thanks so much for the info,doesn't sound too bad ,was worried id be at hospital every few days or something! Suprised how stressed im feeling about it all tho,makes it seem im not happy,but im ecstatic to be at this stage finally,just means so much to us, suppose im just scared as im a bit of a control freak,want to be as informed and prepared as possible!good to hear a real persons input,rather than a list of what to expect of google! :) xx

Reg: Oct 9th 2014

Monday, January 11th 2016, 9:02am

Hi Lindsey I'm waiting on my letter for ICIS. When did u sign for treatment? Xx

Monday, January 11th 2016, 11:11am

Hiya,my partner was referred for tests dec 2014,found few problems,so I got checked out march 2015 finally on the list 14 July 2015 and letter received last week! Takes a long time from first being referred but hopefully worth the wait!xx

Monday, January 11th 2016, 11:54am

I know its a long wait! I got put on the list 31st July so hopefully not much longer to wait on my letter so I could be just a few weeks behind you X

Monday, January 11th 2016, 6:47pm

Happy days,u should hear back soon hopefully,probably see u up there!! Good luck x

Pb85

Ace

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 7:02pm

No problem Lindsay I was the same, wanting to know and be prepared and also spent a lot of time on Google! I'm at rfc tomorrow to get my schedule and I can't wait to get started again. You will both be started before you know it. When you get your next appointment it all goes very quickly.
Any more questions ask any time.
Xx

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 10:57am

Got my offer letter today do phone on Thursday eek xx

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 8:13pm

You're only a few weeks behind me then! Iv got blood scanning next week then med appointment 2 weeks after! So hopefully it'll fly in from then! I swear I feel like the wait Iv had from the top of the list letter til now feels like it's never going to end!! Fingers crossed for you it wont be seem so long! Also just started acupuncture, last week would highly recommend if you're stressing about it all! Xx

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 8:45pm

I have been thinking about going to acupuncture!! Where are u going? X

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 12:59am

It's in coleraine,not sure how far that is from you tho! Millburn complementary therapy centre,lady I'm seeing s fantastic and she says its better to start Acupuncture before you start your treatment/meds especially if your stressed,and I'm hoping that she can ease some side effects once I start treatment too. I didn't find it painful at all and was very relaxed after! I'm willing to try anything tho!! Xx

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 6:18am

I'm in Bangor there is a lady in Holywood and one in Belfast does it I'm going to phone today! Im the same going to give it 100% as this is my only go. Good luck with everything hopefully your time goes quickly now X I'm just so pleased that I have my letter and in a few weeks time we get started! X

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 5:03pm

Well good luck too! Keep me posted how u get on with everything! Hope u enjoy the acupuncture too,just had my second session an I slept the whole time!x

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 1:06pm

Hi just letting you know I got my appointments 15th Feb @ 4.15 and Sat 20th Feb @ 8am I can't believe it's happening thought it would have been another month x

Hols

Reg: Feb 6th 2016

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 5:10pm

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me dropping in :) I've got my blood tests at rfc on Friday 12th Feb and PTC on 26th Feb. We've been ttc for 3.5 years and this is our first round of IVF. I'm so nervous, it's all I can think about! Had my first acupuncture session with Sharon Campbell on Ravenhill Road this morning, she was really lovely. I've been reading other threads trying to get the lowdown on what's going to happen in the next few weeks. I'm just worried I'm going to be so stressed that it won't happen! hopefully acupuncture will help.
Are you guys planning to take time off work?

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 6:56pm

Hi Hols, I'm trying not to think about it and am just going with the attitude what will be will be xx I'm only planning to take the two weeks wait off. I haven't had acupuncture yet but I am going to look into it xx

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 2:46am

Omg dreamscometrue how did u get ur appointments so quickly! I'm the 8th and 22nd! Can't believe u beat me to it!! Lol!! ☺thats good tho,il be wanting the low down on your appointment on the 20th then so il know what to expect!

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 3:07am

Hi hols! Yeah I'm a complete stress head just in general,so I'm finding Acupuncture a great help,tho I'm a bit concerned my therapist isnt going to be handy if I want a treatment prior to egg collection/transfer so I'm interested to hear how you find your therapist! I'm self employed in business with my best friend and I'm currently covering all her work as well as my own,as she's off on maternity leave now!So I'm just having to close up shop the week I'm getting ec and transfer,its really awful timing and I know customers will be noseying as to why I'm taking so much time off! (A whole week, like!)but I'm not going to feel guilty, I'm so happy to get this far! But if u in the position to take time off from work just do it hols,I wish I could!!xx

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 10:07am

I know Lindsay I was shocked when I got my dates! Exciting

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 3:12pm

Don't feel hard on yourself about having a treat! We're going out for dinner tonight and I intend to enjoy it lol!! What's a detox fertility smoothie?? my job isn't very stressful and I have some very close friends in work which I have told what's happening and they have been amazing, I thought it would be best to share with them what I'm going through instead of stressing about them finding out if u know what I mean. Buy they are very close friends in and out of work and it's good to talk to them about it X It's good though that the three of us will be able to chat on here about what's going on X

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 2:50am

Hi girlies,hope all going well! Got bloods done in and out 10 mins! Got some advice from Acupuncturist,thought I'd pass it on! She strongly recommends 7 to 10 days off after egg transfer,taking it very easy and very important day 7 and 8 from fertilisation (egg collection date I assume)are to be pyjama days,doing nothing! Loving the sound of that! :thumbsup: so there goes my rushing back to work out the window! Lol! What the hell,if somethings worth doing its worth doing right! She also recommended castor oil packs to cleanse uterus of old blood (sorry tmi) from next period. Hope its some use to you,happy valentine's too!! :)

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 8:22pm

Happy Valentines x I'm at the hospital 2morrow so hopefully be as quick as it's 4.15 and be stuck in traffic the whole way home! X I'm in two minds about going for acupuncture as the closest to me is £55 a session or travel to Belfast to Sharon which stresses me out anyway with the drive and ill be doing it loads! At the appointment dud they discuss anything with u? X

Monday, February 15th 2016, 4:12pm

Sorry only getting this now! No just bmi and took blood,very quick,its our next appointment we do all the form filling and I think get medication! I'm only loving the Acupuncture cos I'm such a stress head/insomniac and its def helping,but wouldn't be spending 55 quid a time!! Its apparently good to get a session in between egg collection and transfer ,but again at that money id only be going as a one off!! Good luck,and sorry at late reply! :-( xx

Monday, February 15th 2016, 5:41pm

Don't worry! Had my appointment all good done bloods etc. We were 30 mins early and they took us nearly right away which was great xx I found a lady who does acupuncture in Holywood and she's £38 and recommends 4 to 6 treatments so going with her and mums paying half so I'm pleased I have that sorted think trying to decide on that was stressing me out lol its just with the £600 for EEVA on top of that is a lot X Medication appointment on Saturday (which is my wedding anniversary) and then the fun begins xx Hope use are keeping ok x

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 12:27am

Yea it all adds up money wise! My partner worried we'll be in the poor house by the time we all done with this! I'm such a sucker too,anything that I think will help I'm doing/buying! Thank God for mums tho,mine is helping me with cost of eeva or I wouldn't be getting it!! Well good luck for Saturday appointment hope u can still get out to celebrate your anniversary after!! Xx

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 11:08am

So I collected my meds and start Monday which is day 21 of my cycle

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dreamscometrue" (Feb 20th 2016, 11:10am)

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 2:24pm

So I collected my meds and start Monday which is day 21 of my cycle

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dreamscometrue" (Feb 20th 2016, 2:25pm)

Pb85

Ace

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 6:05pm

Dreams come true that's brilliant. Least you get to start straight away. I'm on day 4 of injection and have tracking scan on Monday. It goes so quickly

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 9:04pm

Good luck dreams for starting meds! Perfect timing for you! Keep me posted how u get on!xx
Pb85 how u feeling on injections? Fingers crossed for u xx
I'm lagging way behind :-( day 21 was yesterday and my appointment not til Monday so il have to wait til next cycle now! x

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:46am

Don't know why but most of my post is missing ?o( It was supposed to tell you about the appointment; I start my treatment on Monday which is day 21 of my cycle. My appointment was for 8am but I wasn't taken until 8.20am. during the appointment she went over the forms (I had them filled in and signed but not dated) she explained a few things that could go wrong, she checked my blood pressure, she went over my schedule with me and showed me how to take the drugs. she then sent Mr round to collect my drugs and I had to come back for her to check them. I was away at 12.10. my schedule is take a nasal spray twice a day from Monday until 24/03 then start taking injection along with the spray until egg collection 05/04 then u insert a gel every day until u test. there is two tracking scans Monday 28/04 & 03/04 (u don't take injections them days until after the appointment) Transfer day will either be 08/04 or 10/04 (hopefully 10/04) then I test 22/04.

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 9:53am

Pp85 how did u find injections & spray? I think I'm dreading the spray more? Good luck for your tracking scan :goodluck: xx Oh Lindsay it will fly in until your next cycle and don't let it stress you out having to wait :flowers: xx I have a feeling someone must have cancelled their appointment and I fell lucky and got it as the nurse said that I was lucky the appointments are usually x2 weeks apart x

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 12:56pm

Thanks so much dreams,I didn't realise this appointment was so informative, with actual dates and predicted dates for collection etc! Thats such a weight of my mind! Your a wee gem for giving me the heads up!! :) that was an awful long appointment you had though! I'd hoped if we'd forms filled in we'd be out in an hour! Lol! Well it was fantastic you got those appointments to fit so well with your cycle,it was obviously meant to be! And I can't wait to hear some good news for you at the end of it all!good luck for meds tomorrow! Keep me posted of how u get on! Xx

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:38pm

Hopefully u will be quicker tomorrow as I think she was running late into work herself and she was 20 mins late taking us! I was so nervous going to the appointment yesterday as I didn't know what to expect but it was all fine!! good luck 2morrow xx : D I'll keep u updated with what everything is like xx

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 3:43pm

Thank u ,was really nervous myself so that's a great relief to know what to expect! blowkiss

Pb85

Ace

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 4:40pm

Hi dreams come true.this is actually the third cycle I've started so well used to the spray and injections now.( first cycle failed and second was cancelled two weeks in as I took shingles) I take the spray four times a day. Only thing I can say about it is drink plenty of water throughout the day. A few people experience headaches but I found the water to help. On injections after a few days I get a little bloated and tender. Sometimes a few twinges but nothing major.
It all goes quickly and can be overwhelming but I find just take a day at a time and don't think too far ahead. Sometimes dates can change as you get further on.
If any of you have any questions just ask away.xx

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 8:41am

Thanks pb I will start drinking plenty of water! Just did the spray feels weird up my nose lol X I hope this is your cycle I have everything crossed for you good luck with your scan today xx :angel2: Lindsay good luck for your appointment today X starsmile

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 4:07pm

Thanks dreams,yea just took less than 2 hours,start spray on 13th March,predicted egg collection 12th April! Know it's only estimate timetable but feels good to have dates now and actually feel like I'm getting somewhere! Good luck! Xx

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 4:26pm

Hi girls I'm new on here and sooo confused. I'm also at the rfc, were with dr Williamson we have been told that there are no problems on either side yet we're just not getting pregnant.we have been told ivf is the only way to go, I was wondering is it doc Williamson who Carrys out the entire process? And once all forms are signed how long does it normally take?

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 6:26pm

Hi Giraffe im not sure what stage ur at! I had my initial consultations with a gynecologist in the Ulster Hospital and found there was nothing wrong with either of us and was refered to the rfc for IVF. It took around 6 months to get my initial appointment that was in the Grove wellbeing centre but was initially told 3 months but there was a delay and it was a Dr Mcclure (I think was his name) then the second appointment was six weeks later to sign and get put on the list we were put forward for ICIS as my hubby's sperm count is slightly lower. I signed for my treatment on 31st July and started my treatment today! So it's just under 7 months from when u sign for treatment It seems like a long process but it goes very quickly X I hope this is off some help!! : D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dreamscometrue" (Feb 22nd 2016, 6:30pm)

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 6:28pm

Lindsay that's fantastic! Ur egg collection is only a week after mine xx it will fly in for u getting started xx :thumbsup:

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 9:47pm

Thanks dreams! Can't wait now!xx
Hi giraffe,getting on the list is the longest part unfortunately,we were referred for tests Oct 2014,then 2 more appointments before actually getting on the list!!I'm same as dreams roughly 7 months from I signed 14th July 2015 was contacted start Jan that I was top of list,and collected meds today! : D we with doctor Williamson too,saw her twice so far at Grove centre ,all my appointments at rvh for bloods and meds both with nurses,have no idea if she actually does procedure but everyone we've seen so far has been lovely!xx

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Monday, February 22nd 2016, 10:13pm

Thanks dreams and Lindsay! This will be our third appointment with dr Williamson I think we're going into sign forms for getting on to the list. I'm not sure thou just glad we're getting somewhere

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 12:12am

Pretty sure it's the review appointment you actually get on the list,so hopefully this is it! Good luck starsmile and keep us informed how u get on!xx

Pb85

Ace

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 6:44pm

Not long now Lindsay that you have all your meds!
Thanks dreams, how you getting on with the spray? My scan went well, meds staying the same and go for next scan on Friday. Starting to bloat a little now.
Giraffe I'm sure you will be signing this time

Xx

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Tuesday, February 23rd 2016, 7:41pm

Hi girls. I've been on here a few times but have never posted before. I'm currently waiting for my letter to be sent out in early March. It's good to hear from others in the same boat.
I'm attending Dr abadje, he seems lovely.
I'm having IVF cause I've tubular disease from severe endometriosis.
I'm wondering what happens with the whole process of frozen embryos. (I'm clueless) do they give you one full cycle of IVF on the nhs and then can you pay to use frozen embryos if your first IVF fails? Or does this happen as part of ur nhs treatment.
Also, how long from receiving ur letter is ur first appointment to start?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 1:18am

Hi fairy! :hi: got my letter start January, got an appointment for blood screening 8feb then collected my meds two weeks after that.it seems to change tho and u can get these appointments through quicker than I did! Once you've your meds it depends where u are on your cycle as to how soon u get started,usually day 21 is when rvh seem to start most people. Also you get 1 full cycle of ivf,any remaining embryos from this cycle can be frozen and you can use these for a frozen embryo transfer in the future,this is also free.unfortunately though none of us have a guarantee that we'll produce enough eggs or embryos to freeze,so it's better to think if we do have its a fantastic bonus and gives us another free go!! Hope this is some help,and please anyone if im wrong in any of my info,please put me straight! Lol! :goodluck:

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 1:23am

Hi pb85,I know I just want to get it started now!! I was dreading the meds at start,but this waiting is killing me!! Good luck for your next scan,glad u keeping well,fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky for you!!xx starsmile

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 members and 1 guests

Fifs, Newbie 15

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE