You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Erin83" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 4th 2013

Children: Giuseppina Letizia Santoro is here we are so over the moon yay

Thursday, December 17th 2015, 12:27am

Thinking of doing a FET cycle after Christmas but very Nervous

Hi all I am planning on going through a FET cycle after Christmas but am very nervous our clinic suggested an un medicated round as there isn't much difference in the success rates. I am really worried as my friend went through a FET cycle had a positive pregnancy test and unfortunately miscarried at 6 weeks this was her only frozen Embryo so she is heartbroken. we are lucky enough to have 3 frozen but due to my friend miscarrying I do worry that this may happen to me. are there any ladies out there who have had successful FET cycles who could offer some words of wisdom and settle my mind also I am not sure if i have to do anything to prepare myself other than taking vitamins as I did before our original IVF cycle? we were going to see if we could try again naturally before going through FET as we were put down as unexplained but not much of the jiggy jiggy has been going on after having little one I've lost my mojo lol. sorry TMI any advice would be wonderful thank you.

gingebaby baby2 baby8 bab10 bab14 :girl: bab21 bab19 bab17 blowkiss lurve

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Sunday, December 20th 2015, 12:15am

Hi Erin, I had a successful fet and gave birth to my son in June. It was medicated however and I found it much easier than the full cycle that I had previously. I didn't do anything to prepare other than eating healthily and taking folic acid etc. I honestly found the fet to be much less stressful than the full cycle. Mentally you know what to expect and your body doesn't have to go through the trauma of egg collection etc. I have 1 more frozen embryo and I'm hoping to persuade my hubby to use it some time next year!

Good luck!
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, December 20th 2015, 5:11am

Hi Erin

I have two gorgeous girls both FET and couldn't agree more with Ashatar. Mine were both medicated but sooo much less invasive and stressful than full icsi. I just took pregnacare, exercised pre et and gave up alcohol. FET success rates are much better than they used to be. Good luck x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 23rd 2015, 9:51pm

thank you ladies I want to give it every chance really the clinic told me to start off with un-medicated and then if things didn't look like they were progressing the way they want then they could take over with medication i am so glad to hear from people it has worked with it fills me with a little more hope. I was hoping that maybe we would be one of the lucky ones and just fall naturally but alas it doesnt seem to be but then I have totally lost my libido since having little one it bothers me somewhat though.

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 1:01pm

Hi,I had my little boy (now 4) as a result of a natural fet. It was very quick and easy and no stress.
We've since had another baby from another fresh cycle and hope to use our one remaining embryo very soon!

I have a consultation booked for the end of the month and I'm hoping to be able to start a natural fet on my next cycle.

Do you think you'll be going for it soon? If so it would be nice to stay in touch?

Hope30

Reg: Jan 4th 2016

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 8:27pm

I'm getting ready to do a FET too so your replies ladies are very reassuring to me too. Thank you. Good luck with yours Erin83 :)

Woo888

Reg: Jan 9th 2015

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 1:08pm

Hi we have 3 frozen embryos and we start the medication in April after 3 normal cycles post et. They want to implant all 3! What is the chance of them all developing? Does having all 3 implanted increase the chance of mc or them not implanting at all? Not back at the hospital until probably end of April/ beg May....so many questions. The reason they want to transfer all 3 is due to my age. We have a 7,8 and 9 cell, so a slow growing one, a perfect one and a slightly faster growing one. I have heard that the thawing process is quite successful now xxx :)

• United Kingdom

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 11:06pm

Hi Ladies we were thinking about end of march april time will keep you all posted been a little stressful here at the minute as my husband was made redundant a couple of weeks back so bless him he's frantically trying to find another job. It would be lovely to keep in touch with you all. : D