You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Aus04

• "Aus04" started this thread

Reg: Nov 17th 2015

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 3:38pm

Royal Fertlity Clinic - Belfast (Grovewellbeing) - Information please!!???

Hi all

Just have a few questions about how many appointments the whole IVF process takes? I have just had my first appointment last month and was told we would be back again in January.

I live about 1hour 30mins from Belfast and wondering how many days annuaL leave (as i work full time) to hold for these appointments and treatment days........ and how long does each appointment approx take?

Anyone else just starting this journey too?

:)

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Saturday, December 26th 2015, 1:38am

I had my first appointment in October and we were sent to the royal the following week for SA tests, I rang last week as they said my partners genetics test could take 8-16 weeks to come back, and that was week 10. On the phone I was told I had been removed from the waiting list and she would put me back on but could be another 5 month wait. Are u private or thru nhs? You couldn't be too far from me as I travel 1 and half hours too xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rosebud22" (Dec 26th 2015, 1:39am)

Aus04

• "Aus04" started this thread

Reg: Nov 17th 2015

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 9:33am

Rosebud22

We have now got our review appointment date for the start of Feb....hoping that this will be us on the list from then!

We have already had our tests all done before we were referred to RFC but they did another SA on DH and some blood tests on myself again.....not expecting any changes with these results! (Hopefully!!!)

Why were you removed from the waiting list? (If you don't mind me asking) Was this a mistake? Is this another 5 months before your review appointment? That must be very frustrating for you!

We are through the NHS - its our first time.

Yeah i'm a bit concerned about the 1 hour & half drive as i've been told its a lot of sporadic 'early' mornings and we both work full time which will mean saving a lot of annual leave days - although I'm not complaining! Just wondering how many days i will need.

Have you heard any word since for any review appointment?

:goodluck: xoxo

Reg: Jan 10th 2016

Children: 1

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 1:12pm

Hiya,unfortunately a bit of waiting of time from u get on the list to the top of it! We had our review appointment 14 July just got our top of list letter 1st week in January this year, bloods first week in Feb then pre consultation mid Feb,so would save any annual leave until after u have your pre consultation where apparently u get all the meds and a schedule.im self employed an was stressing about booking time of work too,but Bloods take 20mns and pre consult around 2 hours,as far as iv been informed it all moves pretty quickly from there x good luck xx