You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 14 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosebud22" celebrates his birthday today
  • "Rosebud22" started this thread

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 7:40pm

Azoospermia? 1st appointment @ Grove Wellbing Centre (01/10/15) Belfast

:) :) In June 2015 after two semen analysis' of my partner, my Gyne told me that he had azoospermia. I've researched this a bit on the net (not too much as I seem to be one of those people that focus on the bad and overlook the good) was just wondering if anyone else's partner has had this and if they have been successful with IVF. We are having our first appointment at the Grove Wellbeing Centre in Belfast on Thursday (01/10/15) not sure what to expect, Im excited and nervous at the same time, trying to be positive :)

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 8:24pm

Hello

My DH is azoospermc due to being a cystic fibrosis gene carrier. He had surgical sperm extraction and I am lucky to be expecting my second LO following two successful frozen embryo transfers ( my daughter is 2 and a half). Being azoospermic doesn't have to mean the end of the road, there are a few threads on here in a similar note but I'm not clever enough to link them, sorry! Hope that this gives you some hope. My husband's sperm extraction was juvenile rather than mature sperm too.

Good luck

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 8:39pm

Hello

Another success story here as well, my hubby only had 4 useable sperm so we were probably one of the worst case scenarios, my son is now 3, I no easier said than done but stay away from Google, we were told even icsi wouldn't work but we decided to give it a shot and it worked, good luck hope you get some more answers soon

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

• "Rosebud22" celebrates his birthday today
  • "Rosebud22" started this thread

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 9:47pm

Thanks for the replies ladies, helps me feel more positive when I hear stories like yours. I'm hoping they can give us some kind of info on Thursday and don't just keep us in the dark. We have been trying for 5+years and just by luck when I was at the gyne with a pain I was having I asked him for his help, and he was kind enough to put me and my partner through all the tests, I had a HSG test done ands thankfully I was fine and my partner has 2 SA tests but when I went in for what I thought was just a routine appointment ( which I went to alone as me and my partner thought it would just be a simple follow up as we are new to all this) that's when the gyne told me my partner has Azoospermia, which I in turn found it very hard to explain to my partner. So I'm hoping on Thursday they will explain it more to him.

For the first appointment is there any medical history that I need to bring with me? Or lists of medication I'm on?

Oh and have any of you ladies attended the Grove Wellbeing Clinic?

Xx

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, September 29th 2015, 10:37pm

Hiya

Sorry I'm based at the Nuffield in Glasgow.

If everything is fine with you I don't see why you would need any meds but if your hubby takes anything it wouldn't do any harm to take them along.

Your hubby might get an examination and maybe asked to do another test, they have big names for everything but I suppose what I wanted/needed to know was how many good/useable sperm we had.

So I think generally the average male has 20 million sperm but on our first test my hubby had 5000, anything under 20 million is classed as low sperm count, I initially thought well 5000 is better than none but turns out most of them weren't useable sperm for one reason or another.

The main reasons they will prob suggest/ask your hubby about is smoking, drinking, drugs, steroids, childhood mumps, cycling, hot baths and saunas, cancer and any sort of trauma that may have been caused to that area over the years.

Hope this helps

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??