You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bubby

• "bubby" started this thread

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None yet

Monday, September 28th 2015, 12:50pm

ICSI waiting list Northern Ireland

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I have been on the waiting list for ICSI since March and was informed by staff at RFC that it is an 8 months waiting list. I thought I would have heard by now to have the blood tests as I was told this is done three months prior to treatment. I calculated that if I began treatment in November I'd hear by August. It's now late September and I have heard nothing. Should I call them or is it still early? My husband and I have been trying to conceive for two years and still no joy as we were told it could still happen naturally. I am glued to the fertility app in my phone and have become manic about dates - something I desperately wanted to avoid as stress does not help. I am disheartened by every month that goes past and we haven't been successful. I get jealous of others with babies and I have not been blessed yet. I am considering going privately but that means telling family members of our situation in order to borrow the money. I am a private person and was even reluctant to come on here but I feel like I need to talk to people who have been going through this and who can maybe offer support and advise. I feel like running away from home - imagine even doing that as an adult but that's how I feel. My older brother just found out his girlfriend is pregnant and I know I am meant to be happy but I feel resentful and sad that it's not me. Hope someone can help because right now I just want encouragement and solace.

Thanks,

Bubby

Reg: Jan 25th 2015

Monday, September 28th 2015, 6:10pm

Hi bubbly. Didn't want to read and run. We have completed or ivf treatment but unfortunately it was a bfn. We signed for treatment on 30th Jan and got our letter in June so only had 5 months to wait. Treatment was all completed in august. If I was you I would definitely call them as I would have presumed you would have heard by now.
Never feel like your on your own as there are great ladies here who can answer all your questions and are going through every emotion that you are feeling.
Just to give you a bit of insight into my story. We and dh have had 3 natural miscarriages and then even with a perfect embryo still didn't work. We had 2 of these miscarriages between when we signed for treatment and start date. We are going to look more into recurrent miscarriage as we have 2 embryos waiting and don't want to waste them if there's something else we need.
If you have any questions ask away and if I can help in any way I will xx

gjbc83

Reg: Jan 14th 2015

Thursday, October 1st 2015, 11:49pm

I went to the grove in January 2015 was told we needed Icsi this day due to dh low sperm count.
On our return appointment in May 2015 for our review we signed the paperwork to be put on the list and were told by Dr Mcfall the waiting list was one year (had been 9months in jan time)

It's a longer wait than we had wanted but hopefully it gets shorter again. Dr did say we could go private if wanted quicker but we aren't in a position to pay at the moment

Hope you get letter soon enough too
Paperwork signed for Icsi 21 May 15 :)
Started nasal sprays jan 16

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gjbc83" (Oct 1st 2015, 11:51pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests