You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Strawberrie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 7th 2010

Children: one on the way

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 11:23pm

I want to do a fet cycle but I'm still breast feeding my IVF miracle and my period hasn't returned will I have to wean my lo?

Hi

I was lucky enough to conceive by IVF and am currently breast feeding my lg she's a bit if a boob addict! But now time is ticking on and I have one embryo in the freezer that needs to come out by next July

My lg is showing no sign of wanting to wean and when I try to cut back the feeds she is very upset. I dont want to wean her until she is ready really but the clinic have said I should stop ready feeding before fet

My period hasn't returned yet but I was thinking if I could get it to return maybe I could have a natural fet and continue feeding my lg

Has anyone been in this situation who could offer advice I have never done fet so not sure about anything really

Tia xx

MY DIARY

She fears to hope because disappointment is standing outside the nearest door - and yet she never gives up.

13xclomid 2009-2010 3xClomid 2011 all :BFN:
1st IVF January 2011 :BFN:

IVF #2 March/April 2012 :BFN:

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 7:18am

Hello, I also had a boob addict for a daughter! She finally stopped at 15 months. I'm afraid, as far as I understand it, you will need to stop BF as you need to have de started your periods and some of the drugs you take you can't BF with. I found it an emotional wrench to stop but gradually cut out one feed at a time. Well done for keeping going this long, and good luck with the FET

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 8:33am

I don't know how natural FET works but would imagine you would need to have your periods so that your womb lining was the right thickness for an embryo. Weaning is so hard but you have plenty of time between now and July to do it.

Good luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 6:26pm

You have to have 3 normal periods after finishing breastfeeding before transfer. Your hormones while breastfeeding can stop you getting pregnant.
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor