You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sasha146

• "sasha146" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 8:20pm

No sperm found

Hi ladies

I'm looking for advice and any positive/negative experiences, my dh has done two sperm tests in the last 7 days and both have shown no sperm, the embryologist has suggested giving it a month and trying another test but if there is still no sperm the next option would be sperm retrieval
Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

X

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 9:39pm

Hi Sasha

Am very sorry to hear this. Yes, this happened to my husband and I. His was a very complicated situation - due part to a genetic defect and part to a botched operation when young. It meant that the only working vas deferens (pipe that connects testicle and penis) he had was taken away at 4 years of age by mistake - he had / has sperm (he had a MESA to have them removed) but they are effectively trapped in his body.

Is this a new situation? I know you already have one little boy

Jenny x

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (09.07.2015)

sasha146

• "sasha146" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, July 9th 2015, 10:15pm

Thank you for your reply Jenny, my dh has unexplained male fertility I'm not great with all the names but the most sperm we have ever got was 15 in a sample so we have found sperm before just not very much but now the two tests have shown that there is none, so at the moment we're in limbo not knowing if there is sperm like your dh or just over time it's gone from not very much to none.

Xx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, July 10th 2015, 6:38am

Hi Sasha,

I'm so sorry, I remember getting those same test results for my DH and how devastated I felt. Similar to Jenny my DH has absence of vas deferens due to being a cystic fibrosis gene carrier so no sperm can essentially get out of the testicles. He had soerm retrieval and it was a success - we froze three vials of sperm back in 2011. It was a quick procedure although under a general, a bit uncomfortable but not awful my DH says.

I think he can have a biopsy first to try to extract the sperm and if that doesn't work they do a more invasive procedure ( this is what my DH had).

Don't give up hope yet, there are options, my DH had a fab urologist who did his surgery, bit unusual as it was pre treatment for us so we did it privately before having nhs icsi.

Good luck Hun, wishing you all the luck in the world xxx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (10.07.2015)

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Friday, July 10th 2015, 12:58pm

Hi again

yes, it is an awful shock - I am very sorry.

We were told it was unlikely we would find sperm and to consider a donor, but we ended up with 18 vials. They can be very wrong. Do not give up hope yet - the operation really is nothing at all physically. My husband had a MESA and the sperm came from the epididymis, so were fully mature. But you can take sperm from testicular tissue too.

Hope you will get better news at your next visit. I know just how hard it feels - like there is a barrier at every stage to something most people take completely forgranted.

Take care

xx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests