You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Treaclecat" started this thread

Reg: May 24th 2015

Children: No

Sunday, May 24th 2015, 8:18pm

Nuture v care nhs

Hi

I had a lap last week- one tube removed one remains partically blocked-told ivf oly option

Waiting for consultation follow up end of June.

However if I can get my bmi to 19.5 we can come in as soon as it is.

We need to choose between the nurture n care. Looked on HFEA site it says nuture does not freeze embryos nor offer pgd testing. They have much better success rates however but care do both of these and I think slightly cheaper.

THE gynaecology that did my lap is at nuture!

We get one go with nhs then we pay probably up to 3 cycles

Please advise on the importance of the two extras provided by care. Thanks

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Sunday, May 24th 2015, 9:01pm

Hello

It depends on your circumstances (age, reasons for infertility, etc) but I think that not having the capacity to freeze embryos is a big issue. Am surprised that this is the case, but perhaps other people have come across this elsewhere? It might reflect (badly) on their embryology services.

As for PGD, again, this depends on your circumstances. If it is something that you might not do on a first go, but might want a couple of tries down the line, you should bear in mind that moving clinics can use up valuable time and certainly adds at least some extra cost.

Wishing you much luck

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

• "Treaclecat" started this thread

Reg: May 24th 2015

Children: No

Tuesday, May 26th 2015, 12:50pm

After checking with nurture they do freeze eggs and offer pgd .

Still awaiting referral but to save time I want us to be ready w with a decision ASAP

Thanks for advice.

Do you know if you have to pay for the drugs when you are lucky enough to have an nhs cycl?thank you "!