You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "BeckieGray14" started this thread

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Wednesday, April 8th 2015, 10:18am

Cystic Fibrosis

Hi everyone,
I registered on this website a yr ago when my husband and I were going through our first ever cycle of ICSI...sadly it didn't work for us and I know it probably sounds dramatic, but it's taken this long to get over it! My husband has Cystic Fibrosis, so we were told that we have no other option but to go through IVF, and unfortunately we were only granted funding for 1 cycle :(
My brother and his wife have also just finished their first IVF cycle, they were granted funding as they've been ttc for 3 yrs and guess what...it worked for them...and I know I should be happy, but I'm absolutely heartbroken ;(
We can't afford to pay £7500 for another cycle, and I was curious to see if anyone knew if we could still conceive naturally?? When we were going through our ICSI cycle, they were able to fertilize an egg and we got as far as the 2ww, but the morning I was due to go for my blood test to see if it had worked, I started my period, so we know hubby is fertile.
Any advice / info would REALLY be appreciated, I'm going out of my mind!!
Thanks, Beckie x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, April 8th 2015, 1:15pm

Hi
I just typed a really long reply then the internet crashed! agh - hopefully I can remember what I put last time.

I'm sorry that your ICSI didn't work. My husband is a CF gene carrier, so has absence of vas deferens (AVD) which basically makes him azoospermic. We had a lot of genetic tests done to make sure I wasn't a carrier then he had surgical sperm retrieval. Now I might be wrong but I thought most, if not all men with CF (and most who are gene carriers) will have AVD which means that IVF (and usually ICSI) is the only option. Have you been told anything else? As I said I might be wrong and if your DH doesn't have AVD then I guess concieving naturally would /could work. There's another member on here, Wally Fraggle, whose DH has CF and AVD and I know he had to have surgical sperm retieval like my DH did.

I'm sorry you only got 1 round of funded treatment- it's such as postcode lottery. I was given 2, and if the fresh didn't work then they would fund 2 frozen cycles as well - luckily we had our DD on one of our frozen treatments. Given your circumstances, is there no way you can appeal for more funding?

Good luck, I really hope everything works out for you xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE