You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "smihel" started this thread

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Monday, March 30th 2015, 11:07pm

Out of date Buserelin, any advice appreciated.

Hello,
I've just finished my first week of DR on Buserelin for my 4th round of ICSI on long protocol.
Whilst doing my jab tonight I notice that the date on the bottle shows it is out of date, by nearly two months.
Does anyone know if it will still be doing it's"job" even though it's out of date?! I'm not so worried about side effects as I feel fine, but i am panicking that I'm going to have to stop this round and start again next month. Which I really hope isn't 't the case.
I feel really stupid for not checking the dates properly but with them bring given to me and logged by a nurse at my clinic I didn't even think to check.
I'll call my clinic tomorrow, but I'm not impressed!

Any nurses/doctors/ pharmacists/ dispensers out there who can help or advise.
Thanks
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Monday, March 30th 2015, 11:40pm

That's really not good, as a nurse I'm surprised that this has happened because all dates are supposed to be checked when handing out meds (by the staff, not by you). That being said I really don't think it will affect the job the buserelin is doing, I'd imagine it would only do that if it was out of date by a really long time.
Hope the clinic can put your mind at ease tomorrow. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Monday, March 30th 2015, 11:50pm

Clare, thanks so much for that. My sensible side was thinking that, but then my crazy/ worrying side kicked in. I will def speak to the clinic tomorrow, but have been driving myself mad tonight as hubby works away so I'm busy stressing home alone. Ha ha! Thanks again as that's put might mind at ease a bit so will hopefully get some sleep now.

Hope everything's ok with you and your girls. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Clarabel77 (30.03.2015)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 8:33am

Just a thought but are you sure that the date you saw is the expiry date and not the packaged or checked date? I recall my bottles having labels on with other dates as well as the use by.

If it is out of date then a quick scan should show whether or not it is working. Fingers crossed for you xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 12:05pm

Thanks for that curlytails, it's definitely the expiry date. I live 3 hrs away from my clinic and have snow at the moment too, the joys of the highlands!! So I'm going g to wait till my baseline scan on the 14th April.

I spoke to the head nurse at my clinic and they have apologised and are going to investigate how this has happened. She has assured me that because it's only out by a few months that it will still be working, just like you said Clare. so fingers crossed everything will be ok. Worse case I'll just have to stay on the Buserelin an extra week. So all's good.

Clare, thanks again for your help last night, it was much appreciated.
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 1:12pm

That's good you feel a bit more reassured. My clinic once gave me the wrong drugs all together. Was supposed to be prednisalone and I came home with metronidazole (an antibiotic they use a lot with gyn issues). :)
It has started snowing here too, so much for spring!
At least now you know that it won't do any harm you can relax a bit. Once less thing to worry about xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss