You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

su623

• "su623" started this thread

Reg: Mar 23rd 2015

Monday, March 30th 2015, 1:19pm

Moving from London to Belfast

Hi Ladies,

I currently live in London and undergoing fertility treatment at Homerton Hospital in London. I had 3 rounds of IUI and was about to start my first IVF cycle in May

Fortunately/Unfortunately I have to move to Belfast in April, the most annoying thing is I had to be in waiting list for IVF for 6-8months .

Do I need to be on waiting list again in Belfast, is it RFC has the highest waiting list for IVF? What about other fertility clinics in Belfast.

Please help me, noone in London is able to give me a right advice.

Thanks
Su ?o(

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Monday, March 30th 2015, 1:39pm

Hi su623-

I have no experience of moving from one hospital to another. And I am sure you have thought of this- but can your existing fertility clinic refer you direct to Rfc in belfast with copies of your hospital notes, tests etc to speed up the process?

Just to get you give you an idea of the time scale I experienced- my gp first referred me to Rfc in July 2013. It was twelve weeks before my initial consultation. This was followed by the usual tests and was put on the waiting list at the end of April 2014. I reached the top of the list in December 2014. Currently in Northern Ireland a nhs patient (provided you meet criteria) is one fresh ivf cycle and if there is any 'extra' embryos from this cycle- one fet cycle.

Apart from Rfc that provides both nhs and private treatment. There is also origin and gcrm in belfast. As far as I understand there is no waiting time for private fertility treatment.

Good luck with your move and I hope the move from one hospital to another doesn't set you back.

noexp

Reg: Mar 31st 2015

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 7:42pm

I would suggest you to cross verify with your existing fertility clinic about this before you think of moving to belfast. As far as I am aware of, the health services in northern ireland works different that of England/Wales/Scotland. We were supposed to start with fertility treatment which got ruled out with our move to Northern ireland.

When we moved from England to Northern ireland, we were asked by GP in Northern ireland to start from square one with referral for fertility treatment. I hope that will not be the same in your case. However it would be safe to consult with your current hospital if you are keen on IVF, before you plan your move to Belfast.

su623

• "su623" started this thread

Reg: Mar 23rd 2015

Tuesday, March 31st 2015, 11:42pm

Thanks both for your replies, unfortunately its too late to back out. Im moving over the weekend to Belfast.
I had 3 IUI's and my first IVF was supposed to start in May/June. Now that I'm moving I'm not sure about it.
I haven't told my clinic in London yet, i still have appointment booked to see them for IVF in June, we might fly from Belfast for the appointment

I spoke to regional fertility in Belfast and they said i will be at the bottom of the list unfortunately, I was planning to go for Egg sharing and therefore eligible for free IVF,

There are a lot of things I'm thinking about so will take some break from TTC and will mostly save some up money for next few months and then by end of this year will go for private ivf. Private acc to me is lot quicker and they accommodate to work timings and feel more efficient than NHS.

It's shame after paying so much money from income tax toward NHS they are not really efficient and helpful.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE