You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LouisaJane" started this thread

Reg: Jun 24th 2013

Children: Big fat 0

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 11:43am

IVI ALICANTE

Morning All,

The purpose of this post is just to put some information out there about our recent experience at IVI Alicante. This information may be useful for those considering treatment abroad.

Having had failed IUI and IVF attempts our local fertility clinic (Aberdeen) advised that was unlikely that we would succeed in conceiving using my own eggs (I am 41). They also advised us that they had a partnership with IVI Alicante if we wished to consider egg donation. After careful consideration and some research we decided to proceed.

At Alicante there is no waiting list for donors as far as I know but this may be dependent on selection of donor characteristics and how specific you are. I had medication (tablet form) and scans in Aberdeen and then travelled to Alicante for phase 2. At IVI Alicante my partner gave a fresh sperm donation and we waited for around an hour afterwards when they informed us that his sample was viable. We received 14 eggs and the day after the sperm sample received a call to inform us that 10 eggs had fertilized and that the transfer day would depend on how they developed. They informed us that they would call 3 days after fertilisation to provide us with an update and advise whether we would need to attend for a 3 day transfer. We received this call and were informed that we were to remain on standby and they would call us when it was decided was the best time for the transfer. This call came on day 5 and we received 2 x Grade A Blastocysts with 3 to freeze (1 x Grade A and 2 x Grade B). There were another 3 that were not developing as fast as they'd like so they monitored them for another day but unfortunately they did not make the freeze.

The communication from IVI to ourselves was excellent and the co-ordinator was most helpful. We are currently on the 2WW but if we are not successful then we would have no hesitation in using this clinic again.

From a financial stand we paid around £1000 for the drugs and scans in Aberdeen and a further £8000.00 for the IVI treatment (approx). On top of that we had flight and hotel costs too.

If anybody is considering treatment at IVI I would be happy to answer any questions in relation to my experiences. :)

Kind Regards
Louisa x [zx160]

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (15.02.2015)

Emma17

Reg: Jun 26th 2013

Saturday, May 30th 2015, 1:41pm

Hi LouisaJane

fantastic to hear about your positive experience in Alicante, I have had 2failed cycles in Aberdeen and have been advised egg donation is our best chance as I haven't responded well, it was a shock as It had never been mentioned or thought about before as I'm still young. After doing a lot of research tho we decided it was the best way forward for us and I'm excited to get started now.

We have our first appointment with the clinic about the donation here in a few weeks and hope to get going quickly from there, how long did you have to wait from your appointment to finding a donor?

Good to know approx about the costs did you pay the clinic via bank transfer or do you have to pay when in Spain? Can I also ask how long you spent in Alicante, and how much notice did you get to book your flights. Its coming up to summer hols so I was a bit concerned about busy flights and hotels.

I hope you got a positive results from your treatment!

[ [zx050]

• "LouisaJane" started this thread

Reg: Jun 24th 2013

Children: Big fat 0

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 6:54am

Hi Emma17,

With us there was no wait for a donor but it depends on how specific you are regarding characteristics so we got started on the medication right away and if i remember correctly it was only a couple of months until we went to Alicante. I imagine that you have an appointment with Hazel in Aberdeen - she is lovely. We paid just short of 1000.00 in Aberdeen and around 8000.00 GBP via bank transfer to Alicante. We received around 1 weeks notice to get flights and apartment sorted. We were successful but lost it not long after receiving a positive result.

I am rushing out the door to work (as usual lol) but feel free to private message me if you like with any questions and I'll try my best to answer them.

Louisa xx
Louisa x [zx160]

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Friday, April 1st 2016, 9:06pm

Hi Louisa Jane ans Emma. I'm not sure if you are still reading the page but thought I would check. I'm an Aberdeen patient too but stay in the Highlands, after 3 mmc's through gestural pregnancy and 1 failed IVF cycle 2 months ago they suggested we tried using a donor egg instead as I'm 42 now so it could be down to egg quality. Aberdeen waiting list is currently 3 months which isn't too bad or they also suggested using Alicante where they tie in with and having scans done in Aberdeen beforehand. Hazel was busy yesterday so waiting for her to phone back with more info and go over the prices and process with us first before we choose where to go. They said Aberdeen would be about £5000 and domain around 9000 euros plus flights and accommodation on top. I thought going abroad would be cheaper! We just dont know where to start at the moment so any info would be good on the process. How long does it take to match you with a donor and is your treatment just like preparing for a FET? Thanks xx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE