You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Yasmin" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2015

Thursday, January 15th 2015, 11:58pm

first ivf

Ladies, just wanting to know if there is anyone else on here who has started ivf this month. I am 36 yrs old and started my first attempt. Any tips to increase my chances of success. I have tried acupuncture in the past but I just didn't get the feeling for it. Someone has suggested cupping. What are your thoughts?
3 miscarriages 2 natural 1 IUI..4 IUI's :BFN: First try at IVF : BFN. IVF ABROAD: OCT 2015 - BFP - BABY BOY BORN JULY 2016. TOTALLY BLESSED bab11

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, January 16th 2015, 7:22am

Hello! Come and join the January cycle buddy thread -some one better than me at technology can hopefully add a link for you. Lots of us going through treatment at the same time as you xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, January 16th 2015, 5:17pm

Hello. Thanx for that I am sure someone will send me a link soon how far are you into the ivf. I am on day 6 of buserelin, feeling calm at present but not sure how long that will last. Which clinic are you at? X
3 miscarriages 2 natural 1 IUI..4 IUI's :BFN: First try at IVF : BFN. IVF ABROAD: OCT 2015 - BFP - BABY BOY BORN JULY 2016. TOTALLY BLESSED bab11

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Friday, January 16th 2015, 7:50pm

Hi Yasmin

I had two ICSI treatments and I'm pregnant with twins on my 2nd go.

First treatment cycle I was having acupuncture once a week throughout treatment and then had an hour long session on embryo transfer day. This latest cycle I didn't have any acupuncture just because I was so busy and it felt like an extra commitment to make.
I was very rigid with my first cycle and decided for the next one that I was going to strip out any commitments and just please myself.

I found acupuncture really good for relaxation but I didn't miss it in the last cycle and I got pregnant then too.

Good luck and hope you're getting on okay xxx

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 11:45am

Hello Tab, thankyou for sharing,its good to heard positive stories, congratulations on your news. How far gone are you in your pregnancy? Did you have 2 embryos put back in or are you carrying identical twins. My clinic only allows one unless you are 38 yrs old. But if I have to proceed to a second cycle Which will be funded by us I will ask for two to be transferred back. Its been a long journey, I have had 2 very short lived bfp's before, one natural and one with iui...I am desperately hoping for a BFP that sticks at the end of this IVF. Stories such as yours give me hope so thank you xxx

Tab

Ace

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 1:38pm

Hi Yasmin
Yes there is always hope keep that strong! It's so hard after failed cycles and heartaches but try and keep relaxed and not worry.
I'm 9 weeks and had 2 embryos transferred. My clinic only transfer 1 unless you're 40+, but I have borderline low ovarian reserve so I pressed for 2 even on my NHS funded cycle and they agreed it with no problem. If you ask for discretion they might be willing to it's worth a shot.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you for this cycle and sending loads of hugs.

I don't know if this helps but before I even started my 2nd cycle I already had in mind when I would plan in for my 3rd cycle if this one didn't work out. Having a forward back up plan really helped me. Also I read something Dr Robert Winston wrote on the number of ivf cycles that NHS should fund, NICE guidelines state 3 should be offered but where I am it's only 1. But Dr Winston was basically saying you need to have 3 cycles to start beating the odds of success. I don't know why but understanding this after my first failed cycle made me feel so much better as I stopped blaming myself .
Keep in touch and hope you're doing ok xxxx

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 1:58pm

Whatvwas your AMH. Mine is ok but not fab considering my age. It is now 15. Was 20 a year ago but i had 4 iuis's in between the 2 tests. Just wondering where I stand with pushing for 2 with that AMH. Did you manage to get your second funded aswell? I am planning a second cycle just incase. Dont know any thing about cost and things yet tho. Thanku for your best wishes. I will be keeping in touch. You are right long hard journey it is but God willing it will be worth tge wait xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yasmin" (Jan 17th 2015, 2:00pm)

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:00pm

Hi Yasmin. For all my 3 failed iui treatments I was very careful about my diet, completely cut out alcohol and caffeine and had acupuncture for 2 of the cycles. My first ivf I didn't do acupuncture, still had a very occasional glass of wine up until egg collection and just tried to not get hung up on restrictions. I also got pregnant with twins that cycle, I'm 12 +2 just now.
I took pregnacare supplements and omega 3 and also took an additional zinc supplement but other than that I didn't do anything special. I had two embryos put back in but one was low grade and it looks like my twins are identical.
All the very best with your treatment. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:06pm

Congratulations on your news. I am taking seven seas trying to conceive and nothing else. Would you recommend omega3 and Zinc? How did you manage to push for 2 transfers? I am wanting to do the same but looking for ideas as to how i can convince them..

Thanks for sharing!! X

What's Up?

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:12pm

To be honest I read that omega 3 and zinc are good for fertility, but also read about a lot of other stuff too that was supposed to be helpful so it's really about going with what you want when it comes to supplements. My clinic transfers two if your over 35, I'm 37 so I didn't need to persuade them to transfer 2. which was what I would have wanted.
They might allow 2 if you have low amh, different clinics have different rules though with this kinda stuff, it's crazy!
x
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:18pm

I know it is crazy, i'm 36 and I believe they should transfer two to increase my chances. Which city is your clinic, I am with Nottingham. Yeah I think Ill stick to the ones I am taking, they have zinc and omega 3 in them. Hope your pregnancy is going well xx

What's Up?

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:33pm

Thanks Yasmin, I'm in Glasgow. I know it's hard but try and remember that it only takes one. If my twins are identical then that would have been one embryo that worked.
Take care, will hear how you go with your treatment.
X
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 2:37pm

Clare I will keep you updated. Im on day 7 of DR. Got scan on 29th Jan hopefully will be ready for stimms then and I am guessing it will move quickly from then on. The 2ww will be a killer tho... xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE